Posted by EC83 

2010 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX

Sakhir

Race Date: 14 Mar 2010

Number of Laps: 49

Circuit Length: 6.299 km

Race Distance: 308.405 km

Lap record: To be established

So, the wait for the beginning of a new decade of F1 is nearly over. What's more, we're going into this decade with the prospect of the most exciting F1 season for years, with many unknowns and possibilities.
So, how will the first race of it pan out? Let's discuss!

Kubica will loose front wing in the first lap, Campos won't finish the race and USF1 won't be there

on the positive side, Virgin and Lola will have a fierce battle for last place, whereas Alonso Massa Hamilton and Button will battle for victory...

my money is on Massa!

with three years on the sidelines you would expect different but, Schumacher will be quicker than Rosberg, no doubt

Strategies will be the best thing,... some drivers will aim for glory in the first couple of laps (Hamilton, Vettel, Kubica, etc...) as some will aim to save tyres thinking on the final result so expect some spectacular maneuvers ont he first laps but then laugh at the end of the race

cheers
How can Virgin battle with Lola?
I've read from certain journalists that it is widely believed that Red Bull has the best car and they are one step ahead from the rest. I've a little bit puzzled by that. Is Red Bull hidding something?
Red Bull are fast, and apparently very composed in the corners. We only missed it from testing cos the car's more fragile than a ming vase held together with gnat spit...

It's going to be between Macca and Ferrari for victory i think... with mercedes gamely hanging on. Williams and Sauber and Force India will battle to be next.

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Ali Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've read from certain journalists that it is
> widely believed that Red Bull has the best car and
> they are one step ahead from the rest. I've a
> little bit puzzled by that. Is Red Bull hidding
> something?

yep did read similar. on autosport forum there was a post that said ferrari insiders tell that they think Red Bull is about 0,2 seconds ahead of them at the moment.But there is so many rumours going on at the moment, BILD claims that Mercedes will bring almost a completely new car to Bahrain and it would be a massive 1,5 seconds faster/ lap than the current version (sounds a little too good to be true).
vesuvius Wrote:
> Ali Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I've read from certain journalists that it is
> > widely believed that Red Bull has the best car
> and
> > they are one step ahead from the rest. I've a
> > little bit puzzled by that. Is Red Bull hidding
> > something?
>
>
> yep did read similar. on autosport forum there was
> a post that said ferrari insiders tell that they
> think Red Bull is about 0,2 seconds ahead of them
> at the moment.But there is so many rumours going
> on at the moment, BILD claims that Mercedes will
> bring almost a completely new car to Bahrain and
> it would be a massive 1,5 seconds faster/ lap than
> the current version (sounds a little too good to
> be true).

1.5 seconds!!! mmm....hard to believe, to say the least
new track layout?
What's more, we're going into this decade with the prospect of the most exciting F1 season for years

The most exciting year since last year :P
People say every year it's going to be the most exciting in years, so in theory f1 should have been sky high in awesomeness already ;)

True, I've never heard anybody say 'Good grief, this is going to be such a horrid F1 season, I can just feel it!' ;)
It's one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" moments :P

A tad early? - Still excitement is high this year. I think Alonso will put the F10 on pole by 0.6tenths and then claim that it was his 0.6 tenth. ;)
0.6 tenths = 0.06 secs :P
Monza972 Wrote:
> A tad early?

Meah, last winter the 2009 Australian GP thread was started during the 2nd half of the 2008 Brazilian GP, then it stayed pinned - and being regularly posted in by us - for the 5 months till race weekend. After that one I'd say anything goes TBH ;)

I also think Massa is the Dark Horse here!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Trulli will win, 2 laps ahead Massa ;)

Teams will be like this (ordered from the fastest to the slowest): Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes, Force India, Williams, Sauber, Toro Rosso, Renault, Virgin, Lotus, HRT)

RB will have problem with their cars in late part of the race. Virgin will have hidraulic problems, Lotus will finish but 3 or 4 laps behind Massa/Hamilton/Rosberg. Sutil could finish in podium if good luck is with him

On the, "this is best season ever" ...

2004, a bad example for me for obvious reasons :p but, when we hit Imola, the last pre-season test Ferrari decided to show up with their F1 engine, rather than the 1.6 fiesta engine, and some wings of thier new car, rather than a couple spoilers bought from the nearest halfords and made everybody look asif they were standing still :p. Williams, Ralf in particular I remember were just in awe.

Anyway, back to topic... I am going to this GP, 3 day ticket so hopefully on Friday will be able to get a good trackside view and see who's squirming on the brakes and see who's hitting the right lines at the right time.

Early prediction, a lewis win. My dark horse for the season is Nico. I like that he isnt being rated much about the internet because I really think if Merc provide the car (and im sure they will!) then he will certainly be in the title hunt. I am very very tempted to put money on him. He is Jenson solid yet imo has that raw speed which Jenson appears to lack. He will supprise, and imo make Schumachers comeback a little difficult than he or Ross might be expecting. Just my thoughts on it. But for the first time in forever I believe theres a real strong possibility Schumacher will come out #2.

I predict Lotus will finish both cars in the first race whilst Virgin will be quicker but not finish.

Not expecting a great first race from JB. He hasnt seemed to have looked as quick as id like so far. Yes testing means nothing in the way of comparisons but for the first few races I can see him behind Lewis, Alonso, Vettel and Merc. Massa run will Alonso hard but in the end will have no answer. However, that all means little compared to the excitment from getting to see Kobayashi in what looks like a quick Sauber :D:D! Like Dan, ill be cheering for him this season. Jense and Kobayashi ftw :D!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Wow, lucky Chet, tell us what the atmosphere is like in Bahrain when you're actually there!

I think I'm with most here as I'll be cheering on Kobayashi :) he became a faourite of mine really quickly! You've just got to love his speed and aggressiveness along with that Japaneze pizazz.

I'm also going to be following Bruno Senna - I've only just found out how much of a brilliant human being his uncle Ayrton was, and Bruno will get my full backing. He also gained my respect from his own performance during GP2 and his attitude, before I really read about Ayrton. That was just enough to tip me into being convinced...

As for the front runners this season, I genuinely have no idea. My hunch was that Ferrari would be quickest, VERY closely followed by McLaren, with Red Bull and Mercedes being best of the rest. Sauber to be similar to Force India during the latter half of the season - impressive at a handful of races, but generally midfield. The rest is a complete blur to me. Virgin to beat Lotus, though, can't wait to see Tony Fernandez in a hostess' uniform :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2010 03:29AM by flat tyre.
Nickv Wrote:
> The most exciting year since last year :P

Yeah, but I think this season has more potential than nearly all recent years (2009 was close, but not quite)

It looks like we have 4 very competitive teams, Schumacher is back, interesting inter-team rivalries, a young exciting new driver, new teams, the best drivers in the best cars.

2009 was a nice change, but it will be great to have the best drivers in the best cars again.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy