Alonso: Ferrari more important than two titles

Posted by HakkF1 
Alonso: Ferrari more important than two titles
Date: February 23, 2010 11:56PM
Posted by: HakkF1
I don't want to bash the guy, but three years ago, when he signed for Mclaren, didn't he say that he will be proud for not stepping into one of the red cars?
I remember him saying that he and senna share the same thing as never driving for Ferrari.

==============================
Re: Alonso: Ferrari more important than two titles
Date: February 24, 2010 12:14AM
Posted by: EC83
Maybe. But that was then.

Date: February 24, 2010 12:34AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
The guy changes opinion more often then pidgeons s-hit.

Date: February 24, 2010 12:36AM
Posted by: Nickv
How is Alonso supposed to change pidgeon s-hit?
Date: February 24, 2010 12:43AM
Posted by: Frantic
meh, senna said in 1993 to Montezemolo that he would like to finish his career in Maranello

Date: February 24, 2010 01:58AM
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The guy changes opinion more often then pidgeons
> s-hit.

Think we're jumping the gun a bit here.

If Fernando did say these things when he signed for McLaren(and I personally can't remember him making any comments like these TBH) then he said them at the end of 2005. Or if he said them when he actually joined Macca, then he said them at the beginning of 2007. That's a long time ago, a lot has happened since then, and a lot has changed too.
Also, people are allowed to change their minds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 02:05AM by EC83.
Date: February 24, 2010 02:46AM
Posted by: RonnyF1
Alonso is being very smart. Everyone knows how much Ferrari puts themselves above drivers and demand the drivers to WORK FOR THEM not the other way around which is completely understandable. Alonso can't start being a punk now or that would ruin any chances of getting another title.
Date: February 24, 2010 03:09AM
Posted by: Frantic
remember what happened to Prost...

Date: February 24, 2010 04:03AM
Posted by: Slash
it is true, isn't it?

if anything bash him for lying before, not now

and tbh i never heard him say that back then,. about never driving for Ferrari
Date: February 24, 2010 09:15AM
Posted by: marcl
I think you have to remember back then Ferrari, I mean Todt did not want him as Alonso had already said no to the team once and Todt was not happy.

So if Alonso made any comments that is probably why.

I read the other comments yesterday about Mclaren and the spygate thing and how he is happy he helped turn the team in.

Think he has to remember though that he was more than happy to test ferrari parts and keep quiet until Hungry :)
Date: February 24, 2010 10:21AM
Posted by: Ali
Most of the people is always judging Alonso for the bad things he said 3 or 4 years ago. Who cares, when he joined McLaren he was more than happy and after all, the team also disappointed him so he has good reasons to change his mind. But again, who cares now...
Date: February 24, 2010 02:10PM
Posted by: marcl
Yes Ali know what you mean, but still remember was MS done in 1994 and 1997 so I think there is very little chance people will forget what Alonso said and done 3 years ago, people still hate Lewis for the stuff that happened when him and Alonso were team mates.
Date: February 24, 2010 03:15PM
Posted by: tripleM
Frantic Wrote:
> remember what happened to Prost...

subsequent years proved him right

One can only hope for Alonso's sake that there is actual substance behind the quote(?) because he doesn't even have rallying to fall back on.

Date: February 24, 2010 03:35PM
marcl Wrote:
> Yes Ali know what you mean, but still remember was
> MS done in 1994 and 1997 so I think there is very
> little chance people will forget what Alonso said
> and done 3 years ago, people still hate Lewis for
> the stuff that happened when him and Alonso were
> team mates.

But how much did Alonso ever even say/do that was bad though? We know that in 2007 he was made to look like the bad guy by his corrupt, biased team and by its protege, who happened to be his teammate. Anything controversial which Alonso did himself that year can be put down to him having a problem - understandably - with the way he was being treated.
In the two years since, he's kept his nose pretty clean IMO, while reminding us why he's regarded as the best driver currently in F1 with many of his performances.
Schumacher's actions in 1994 and 1997 are stains on his character as much as they are because they were offences committed on the track rather than alleged offences committed off it, and there is no doubt that they happened, and no doubt as to their intent either.

Date: February 24, 2010 05:00PM
Posted by: senninho
I don't see what the problem is - it's not much different from football is it? He's hardly going to turn around and say 'Well i thought McLaren was the team for me, but i guess Ferrari will do'.

Date: February 24, 2010 05:46PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Im sure we can all agree Alonso is looking forward to working with Ferrari and betraying them at some point in the future.

Date: February 24, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: danm
I think Alonso has a degree of flexibility in what he says.

There are few drivers that can say things and easily get away with them. I feel his results speak for themselves. Sure he can slate whoever, but not everyone can.

This is a guy with two WC's to his name, with a third in succession narrowly missed in 2007. I am confident to gamble he is my favourite for this years WC.

Imagine he did win in 2007, and in such a short space of time, you have to rethink how good he actually is.

If you got the grades, you can gob what you like. Results talk.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 24, 2010 07:52PM
Posted by: gav
That's the one Dan - he can say what he likes, but when it comes down to it, he can sit in any car on grid that he wants, and I think only 2 other drivers on the grid could perhaps demand that - Vettel and Hamilton. Not even the most successful driver of all time was able to install himself where he reportedly wanted to be.
Date: February 24, 2010 08:05PM
Posted by: danm
Exactly! When EVERYONE actually would happily have you in their team, that's when you know you are definitely something.

Senna never drove for Ferrari. Schumacher never drove for McLaren. Both considered greats.

Personally, I actually rate Prost as being greater than Schumacher, PERSONALLY. But that is altogether the same old loophole argument.

Prost drove all three top teams of his time... McLaren, Ferrari AND Williams.

Alonso, like Prost, is consider an incredible driver, but overlooked as 'the best'. Prost was eclipsed by Senna, and Alonso has been eclipsed by Schumacher as far as the public opinion goes.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 24, 2010 08:52PM
Posted by: tripleM
everyone? happily? really?

Neither Senna nor Schumacher had Brazilian or German companies become major sponsors of the teams they drove for.

But Alonso apparently installed himself?

Yeah, right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2010 08:52PM by tripleM.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy