rumour:Adrian Campos leaves team, VW to take over in 2011?

Posted by marwood82 
Will wait to see what is said later today.

Seems a bit far fetched but who knows.
yeah, can't comment on the source as i've no idea what 'Diaro AS' is like as a paper,
could be spains answer to the daily star for all i know
Quite a long way out of left field, but an interesting rumour nonetheless.

As has been mentioned by Christian Horner in the last few days, entering as a engine manufacturer at the moment isn't a great idea because of the engine freeze, so maybe they have decided they will create a full team.

Joe Saward has always picked up the story
[joesaward.wordpress.com]
He mentions that the VW involvement isn't confirmed, but just a possible outcome considering the connections of the people involved.

X (@ed24f1)
Screw VW, I want to see Lada in F1!

Seriously though, hopefully Campos will do whatever is necessary to guarantee enough finances for that team to participate this season. If that necessitates a sell-out and change of management, then I'd prefer that to them folding.

just give the place to Stephan f1 already

I was reading the January F1 Racing edition and it mentions that at the end of last year and towards this off season, Red Bull, specifically Horner, was in talks with mercedes and VW as engine suppliers.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy