Fail

Posted by Fincent 
Fail
Date: February 07, 2010 10:31PM
Posted by: Fincent
Re: Fail
Date: February 07, 2010 10:43PM
Posted by: Team CLR
When I saw what you wrote in your post, I knew straight away exactly who you were talking about, that was a pretty short article, but wall-to-wall LOL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 10:45PM by Team CLR.
Date: February 08, 2010 12:23AM
Posted by: chet
As I said in the nascar thread, Danica turned out to be a hit. Who woulda thought after the whole, 'ya'll??? no YAW danica!'

edit - it was his first attempt... give the guy time. If Hornish Jnr, Ambrose, JPM, AJ all struggled with the transistion, dont expect wonders from Piquet ;-)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2010 12:24AM by chet.
Date: February 08, 2010 12:29AM
Posted by: Nickv
It's not like having cars around you is new to him (well maybe it is, only a few people were as slow as he was).
Date: February 08, 2010 12:44AM
I guess not, but we've heard how much these cars move around. I cant begin to imagine the difficulty in keeping it in a straightline at 170-180mph, then add a car either side of you, Piquet will struggle. Watch onboards at Daytona and you will see how bumpy it is too. He did look abit out at sea but so have others when they started. Concerning Danica's accident I think the spotter has ot be taken into account. Did he tell Piquet that Danica was there or did Piquet simply ignore the message and close the door anyway?

Date: February 08, 2010 01:43AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Here's a clip of it, nicely catched up by Danica though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2010 01:43AM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: February 08, 2010 05:47AM
Posted by: EC83
The guy is the actual second definition of a tit.

Pretty awesome save by Danica to keep that one out of the wall. Notice also the fail in the article, confusing her with Sarah Fisher/O'Gara.

Date: February 08, 2010 11:20AM
Posted by: Ali
Oh man...
Date: February 08, 2010 03:47PM
Posted by: gin
Wonder why Danica when to stock cars??

Date: February 08, 2010 04:05PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
gin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wonder why Danica when to stock cars??

Because in America, despite all the corporate sponsorship, they aren't as pathetic and anal about contracts and allow drivers to do whatever they want. And she didn't go to Stock Cars, she is only doing some Stock Car races.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 09, 2010 12:42PM
I think before Piquet gets nailed as a failure/tit/arse he should be give some time. He will make mistakes in such a transistion, and it was his first race. A second chance with Flav is hard, but apparently a second chance with fans is harder ;-)!

Date: February 09, 2010 01:33PM
Think you're kinda missing the whole point of this thread, but anyways...

Date: February 09, 2010 04:28PM
Posted by: gin
chet Wrote:
> I think before Piquet gets nailed as a
> failure/tit/arse he should be give some time. He
> will make mistakes in such a transistion, and it
> was his first race. A second chance with Flav is
> hard, but apparently a second chance with fans is
> harder ;-)!

I personally don't like him for the fact that he was willing to cheat in the first place and secondly because he was also willing to keep quiet until he lost his race seat.

Date: February 10, 2010 11:24AM
Posted by: mcdo
I don't think Piquet did much wrong but that was a great save from Danica.
Date: February 10, 2010 01:42PM
EC83 Wrote:
> Think you're kinda missing the whole point of this
> thread, but anyways...

So what is the point?

Date: February 10, 2010 05:45PM
Umm, that Piquet = failure?

Date: February 10, 2010 06:40PM
In this instance with the Danica accident has it been confirmed whether it was Piquet's or his spotters fault?

He made a mistake on his stock-car debut. So what? It doesnt label him a failure. Even from very extremley limited viewing of Nascar ive seen accidents like this happen even by the big names. Besides that anybody want to check back and see the hard time Juan Montoya had? He's certainly not a failure. My point being, his debut, racing something completley different to what he's used to is not a good example. As a racing driver he's acheived a hell of a lot more than what most can ever aspire too.

Date: February 10, 2010 10:28PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
EC83 Wrote:
> Umm, that Piquet = failure?

So we can't give our opinion if it doesn't match the thread title and the opinion of its creator? Since when did GPG become a fascist regime, or did I miss a memo?

Date: February 10, 2010 11:17PM
Posted by: gav
What the hell does his post/this thread have to do with fascism?

Anyway, dumbed down somewhat, Piquet can be summed up with:

F1 career: failed dismally.
Sportmanship: gone so far beyond failed that it's completely irreparable and he's had to move to a completely different formula.
Career in stock cars, no matter how short: regardless of how little experience he has, so far he (and/or his crew) is a failure - I'm not arguing this is conclusive, but not exactly a promising start, either performance or incident wise, and is entirely in keeping with his previous career.

He's gained a reputation for crashing since the first corner of his first F1 race. He's since only enhanced that reputation. He has shown, from memory, 2 impressive performances (one of which was due to fuel strategy and pot luck with a pace car). He has displayed no resistance to pressure, be it from his team, the public or the media. He cheated, which wasn't so much as exposed, but that he was more than willing to expose himself in a vein effort to find some respect among the paddock... well that worked out well...

He successfully gained resentment from the paddock, media and fans - so much so, that even with an extra 6 seats available in his chosen category, one of which went to Pedro de la Rosa, that he couldn't gain even a testing/3rd driver role.

So far in his career, inclusive of junior, senior and his recent move to tin-tops, he is looked at as a weak-minded individual and racer who's career is controlled by his father, has no trust among senior management, has a willingness to cheat when it suits him, and is deceptive as a result, and last, but by no means least, has displayed little raw talent.

In conclusion, looking back at Piquet, regardless of influence from his seniors, it's hard to argue against him being a failure... so far he's shown absolutely nothing to suggest otherwise.
Date: February 10, 2010 11:27PM
97kirkc Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Umm, that Piquet = failure?
>
> So we can't give our opinion if it doesn't match
> the thread title and the opinion of its creator?
> Since when did GPG become a fascist regime, or did
> I miss a memo?

Think that's an overreaction to say the least, especially the fascism part. My point was that the thread should be seen as a light-hearted pisstake poking fun at a driver who's made a reputation for himself of screwing up, and who's just screwed up yet again - and that there's no need to analyse it in depth when it wasn't meant maliciously. Your right to defend Piquet never came into it.

Edit: Gav just summed it up beautifully while I was writing this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 11:28PM by EC83.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy