Jenson Button signs with McLaren

Posted by mclarenaustralia 
Re: Jenson Button signs with McLaren
Date: November 19, 2009 04:07PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Dave, what has had happened with the manufactures of late? They will pull out when they feel like it without regard to anyone.

Mercedes is not Toyota/Renault/Honda. They have been her significantly longer.

Well we dont know that do we?!

You are perfectly happy to piss on any link I post which says Jenson was pulling the contract BS, and say "well we don't know if thats true, lol sources!", whilst posting your own, despite not knowing if it's true. Have some damn standards. One link is equal to another, until somebody posts The Sun, Bild or Daily Mail.

Thats a joke right? After seeign Mclaren perform this year I dont think theres a driver on the grid who wouldnt want to drive for them! Aside from that they are a proven team.

Really? Did you miss the first half of this season? Did you miss the blatant lies and cheating over the past several seasons? McLaren under Ron Dennis WAS a proven team. McLaren under Martin Whitmarsh has been sketchy at best, and a complete insult to the sport at worst.

Also, have you not read the interviews? He wants a challenge. Whats the challenge about staying in the same team year after year?

So he goes to the "better team" for a challenge? That is an odd way of looking at it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 19, 2009 04:34PM
Posted by: marcl
^Sorry about this but the lies and cheating took place with Ron running the team.

Mclaren turned 2009 round from the really bad start to a great 2nd half.

But I can see what you mean as well.
Date: November 19, 2009 04:38PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Button on Radio 5live now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 04:38PM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: November 19, 2009 04:40PM
^Sorry about this but the lies and cheating took place with Ron running the team.

Albert Park was under Whitmarsh. The lies came directly from his mouth.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 19, 2009 04:47PM
Posted by: marcl
Sorry I was going back to the year Alonso was in the car.

As I said I know what you mean anyway, but it was taking place before that.
Date: November 19, 2009 05:34PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
David Coulthard has rubbished reports his friend John Button will be unable to thrive alongside fellow British world champion F1 father Anthony Hamilton at McLaren.

In the wake of Wednesday's announcement, some pundits claim that Hamilton is so ensconced at the Woking-based team and one of F1's most highly rated F1 fathers, Button will comparatively struggle.

Former team owner turned BBC pundit Eddie Jordan, however, believes Button faces a tough challenge for his championship year.

"Anthony is a tough customer and he will be looking for absolutely the best for that side of the camp," he told the Sun. "John will need to play all his cards very well."

Let the battle of the fathers commence!

Date: November 19, 2009 05:34PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Nick F isnt't too happy....

Chief executive Fry said: "We offered loyalty which we hoped, perhaps naively, he would return."
"There is bravery and there is stupidity and we will only find out which it is next year," he said in an interview with the Mirror.

"We believe we made Jenson a good offer - one that was significantly more than he is being paid at McLaren. We are all mystified by this decision."

[en.f1-live.com]

Date: November 19, 2009 06:40PM
Posted by: EC83
Does this mean he's not grinning for once?

Date: November 19, 2009 06:54PM
Posted by: Isaint
"I was very disappointed at the way things finished up with Jenson," Team Principal Ross Brawn is quoted as saying, with a further estimate for the driver's starting point being placed at £22.5m. "We offered loyalty which we hoped, perhaps naively, he would return," added Nick Fry, CEO of Mercedes GP.

What ever the reason, ..... dont know why everyone is so mystified. He ... Button, has a history of just walking when he pleases, even when under contract ask Frank Williams.

Well, as I predicted end of last season, Hamilton would not still be Champion this year I will make another prediction that this move will 'break' not 'make' Button. So if I was him I'd be satisfied with not only being World Champion for now but also being a part of history because it wont happen again.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 07:01PM by Isaint.
Date: November 19, 2009 07:03PM
Posted by: chet
You are perfectly happy to piss on any link I post which says Jenson was pulling the contract BS

I just got get how it became a saga like you said, you were making a bigger deal of it than needed. It was not a saga at all, the press just made it a much bigger deal. Maybe they dont have anything more to write about?

Really? Did you miss the first half of this season? Did you miss the blatant lies and cheating over the past several seasons? McLaren under Ron Dennis WAS a proven team.

Past several seasons you say. Ron Dennis has only been no longer a part since 09 right?

Also lies? You mean lie? and cheating over past several seasons? Again explain... and again, surley that was under Ron, you did say past 'several' seasons.

McLaren under Martin Whitmarsh has been sketchy at best, and a complete insult to the sport at worst.

One season in command, one of the worst cars turned into a winner. Id say Whitmarsh has done wonders! Insult to the sport?? I would say the whole thing was handled bad but so was the whole Spy-gate crap under Dennis!

Fact remains, Mclaren turned a dog into a winning car, and thats what matters and thats what Jenson was most probably looking at.

Anyone catch Button on the radio? edit nvm - [news.bbc.co.uk]

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 07:09PM by chet.
Date: November 19, 2009 07:21PM
What's all this about Buttons loyalty to Honda and Brawn through the 'Skinny' years. Nooooo ... one wanted Button that's why he stayed put, not in any decent ride any way. As for him looking out for himself well, yeah, but Geeeeeeeeez! Let the paint dry on the trophy at least.

I think Brawn will be fine without him next year, lets face it it was Ross and the car that gave him the Championship. As soon as all the other teams caught up he stopped winning and just went back to being Button ........ the nearly man. Fortuneatly for him every race some one was taking points off of some one else so he held on to his early lead but next year wll be frustrating and humiliating for him and he will be placed firmly in the shadow of Hamilton.

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 07:23PM by Isaint.
Date: November 19, 2009 07:41PM
Also lies? You mean lie? and cheating over past several seasons? Again explain... and again, surley that was under Ron, you did say past 'several' seasons.

I don't think you've been reading my posts correctly at all. I said McLaren was proven under Ron, not Martin. I never said there was no lies and BS under Ron.

Martin Whitmarsh has proven nothing other than he is a liar and a cheater. He has just as little place in this sport as Flavio.

One season in command, one of the worst cars turned into a winner. Id say Whitmarsh has done wonders! Insult to the sport?? I would say the whole thing was handled bad but so was the whole Spy-gate crap under Dennis!

I like how Whitmarsh is getting credit for his team turning the car good, but no credit for the pile of crap it was in the first place. And "handled badly?" They f**king cheated! and in the lowest way possible! they flat out LIED about what Trulli did during the race to get him booted out. Cheating in a technical way to gain an advantage is one thing, but trying to get your competitors booted out for your own mistake is just damn low. The fact they were then stupid enough to go on TV and spout several different stories about it was just insulting to the sport. So yeah, I stand by what I said. If it was Ferrari, people would be crying and bitching - but because it was McLaren, nobody really seemed to care.

I just got get how it became a saga like you said, you were making a bigger deal of it than needed. It was not a saga at all, the press just made it a much bigger deal. Maybe they dont have anything more to write about?

The press made it a bigger deal? So your willing to believe the press when it's negative news against Jenson, but as soon as there is positive news it has to be taken as gospel.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 19, 2009 07:44PM
Posted by: Slash
Isaint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think Brawn will be fine without him next year,
> lets face it it was Ross and the car that gave him
> the Championship. As soon as all the other teams
> caught up he stopped winning and just went back to
> being Button ........ the nearly man. Fortuneatly
> for him every race some one was taking points off
> of some one else so he held on to his early lead
> but next year wll be frustrating and humiliating
> for him and he will be placed firmly in the shadow
> of Hamilton.

mayabe this is exactly what he's looking for...
when Jenson signed for BAR everyone said it was a suicide to go up against Villeneuve, dirvers said that it was the worst move of his carrer and all the same @#$%& as now Jenson going against a former champion established whitin the team

What if Jenson shows Hamilton how to race? everyone will need to either swallow their words and recognize him as a worhty champion, or Hamilton image will be reduced to average..... with the hype Hamilton has i think it will probably be the first one
but of course this is all speculation
so pls, shut the @#$%& up and wait for Abu Dhabi 2010 to see who ended ahead
Date: November 19, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: elemental
This loyalty stuff is B/S anyway, drivers want to be in F1 to drive the car, not to have the honour of serving a team, and the teams are only "loyal" in so far as they're fully satisfied with their driver's pace. One bad season and the teams don't hesitate to kick them unless they have a reputation as one of the stars or whatever. Brawn didn't build the car as a gift to Jenson, they hired him to do a job, which he did, and now he wants a new challenge. He's only been in the team since 2003, how dare he want a bit of a change? Psh. Nick Fry is just being obnoxious as usual.
Date: November 19, 2009 08:00PM
Posted by: gav
Slash Wrote:
> so pls, shut the @#$%& up and wait for Abu Dhabi
> 2010 to see who ended ahead

Why do you even bother coming on a forum? To discuss facts? ;)
Date: November 19, 2009 08:07PM
Posted by: chet
I don't think you've been reading my posts correctly at all. I said McLaren was proven under Ron, not Martin. I never said there was no lies and BS under Ron.

i think you should re-read yr own posts ;-)!

Did you miss the blatant lies and cheating over the past several seasons?

Wasnt that when Ron was in charge? You clearly sadi lies and cheating over the past several years. Whitmarsh has been in charge for one, 2009.

I like how Whitmarsh is getting credit for his team turning the car good, but no credit for the pile of crap it was in the first place.

I know about what at happened at Melbourne, no need to explain, I think we all heard enough about it then.

On that comment though, it was the same with Ron was it not? Mclaren did build pile of crap cars with him too, such as the 2004 car, and yet people still gave credit for how much an improvement Mclaren made and rightly so.

Do you have beef with Martin or something?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 19, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: Slash
gav Wrote:
> Slash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > so pls, shut the @#$%& up and wait for Abu
> Dhabi
> > 2010 to see who ended ahead
>
> Why do you even bother coming on a forum? To
> discuss facts? ;)

a lot of Nostradamus in here predicting future!
Date: November 19, 2009 08:17PM
Slash Wrote:
> Isaint Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think Brawn will be fine without him next
> year,
> > lets face it it was Ross and the car that gave
> him
> > the Championship. As soon as all the other
> teams
> > caught up he stopped winning and just went back
> to
> > being Button ........ the nearly man.
> Fortuneatly
> > for him every race some one was taking points
> off
> > of some one else so he held on to his early
> lead
> > but next year wll be frustrating and
> humiliating
> > for him and he will be placed firmly in the
> shadow
> > of Hamilton.
>
> mayabe this is exactly what he's looking for...
> when Jenson signed for BAR everyone said it was a
> suicide to go up against Villeneuve, dirvers said
> that it was the worst move of his carrer and all
> the same @#$%& as now Jenson going against a
> former champion established whitin the team
>
> What if Jenson shows Hamilton how to race?
> everyone will need to either swallow their words
> and recognize him as a worhty champion, or
> Hamilton image will be reduced to average.....
> with the hype Hamilton has i think it will
> probably be the first one
> but of course this is all speculation
> so pls, shut the @#$%& up and wait for Abu Dhabi
> 2010 to see who ended ahead

Watch your mouth mate, share your opinion but don't get carried away. Don't go getting all brave over an internet connection I hope that's clear enough for you.
As for Abu Dhabi 2010, yeah let's wait and make sure you don't eat for a whole year ... because there will be plenty of words here for you to eat.:-)

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2009 08:20PM by Isaint.
Date: November 19, 2009 10:32PM
Wasnt that when Ron was in charge? You clearly sadi lies and cheating over the past several years. Whitmarsh has been in charge for one, 2009.

You don't seem to be able to separate the "lies and cheating" part of it with (which was in reference to the team in general) the "proven team and performance" part of it (which was in reference to Martin specificly), which, until you do, is going to be quite a massive hindrance to this discussion. It isn't one big point champ, it is 2 separate points.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 19, 2009 11:42PM
Posted by: danm
I think Chet and Dave need to play 7 minutes in heaven and be done with it.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy