FIA Elections 2009 - Jean Todt wins Presidency

Posted by EC83 
Re: FIA Elections 2009 - Jean Todt wins Presidency
Date: October 24, 2009 12:47PM
Posted by: Karan
Firstly he's retired. I don't think he's going to want to dabble in such affairs too much. Secondly, Todt is too much of his own man, when he's in a position of leadership to get side tracked by people in his ear. Always do enjoy a good conspiracy theory though.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 12:54PM by Karan.
Date: October 24, 2009 05:41PM
Posted by: EC83
Karan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Firstly he's retired. I don't think he's going to
> want to dabble in such affairs too much.

As has been shown many times, Max is a megalomaniac. If there's a way he can stay in control, he'll try his very hardest to get that way, and screw everyone else, particularly anyone who tries to stop him. I agree he's at an age where he should be retired, but old habits die hard. Just because it's being done relatively discreetly, doesn't mean it's not happening.

> Secondly, Todt is too much of his own man, when he's in a
> position of leadership to get side tracked by
> people in his ear.

If Todt was his own man, he'd be in the position now that Ari is in. Simple as that. If Max wasn't going to continue as FIA President himself, he wanted his successor to be somebody who was prepared to pick up where Max left off and be his puppet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 08:42PM by EC83.
Date: October 24, 2009 08:28PM
Posted by: n00binio
EC83 schrieb:

> Just because it's being done relatively
> discreetly, doesn't mean it's not happening.

doesn't mean it's really happening either

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: October 24, 2009 08:48PM
n00binio Wrote:
> EC83 schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Just because it's being done relatively
> > discreetly, doesn't mean it's not happening.
>
> doesn't mean it's really happening either

Max's endorsement of and involvement in Todt's campaign, even before the election, strongly suggests otherwise.

Date: October 24, 2009 08:55PM
Posted by: Nickv
It suggests, but it doesn't confirm. Even though I'm not happy that Todt has won, we'll have to see first what he'll do. We can't judge him on what we think he might do.
Date: October 24, 2009 09:13PM
well said

Date: October 24, 2009 09:27PM
Yep, you guys are right there, only time will tell for sure. We'll have to make the best out of the next 4 years from an FIA point of view, I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 09:35PM by EC83.
Date: October 24, 2009 10:21PM
Posted by: gav
EC83 Wrote:
> If Max wasn't going to continue as FIA President
> himself, he wanted his successor to be somebody who
> was prepared to pick up where Max left off and be his
> puppet.

I'm not sure about being his puppet - Todt is too much of his man to be that - but certainly to carry on where Mosely left off, and I'm sure Mosely will have is own choice words... but then I guess he's been doing this job for nearly 2 decades now, so perhaps he's entitled to a bit of verbal.

Basically, it's political grooming.
Date: October 25, 2009 01:37AM
Posted by: chet
I suppose we should wait to see what his win results in...

But first reaction, I dont expect much improvment and I dont expect the change that the FIA need to produce for F1 at least.

It would be selfish of us to look primarily at F1 though seeing as though the role of the FIA spans a worldwide automotive audience.

IMO perhaps one of the major issues of Todts win is having to see the fat little sh*t at GP weekends again. He has a face which I would never tire of punching, kinda like Mosley and Flavio I guess.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 25, 2009 02:26AM
don't you think a simple "i don't like him" would've been enough?

Date: October 25, 2009 02:53AM
Possibly, but to say I dont like him would be an understatment!

I find it difficult to believe that he will stand for the right and wrongs of the sport (and many others!). He will be the judge of the wrong-doings and make sure everything is fair game.

I dont like the idea or concept of Ferrari International Assistance that people blab on about but I feel he is too closley tied with the team to be in such a posistion of power still. Perhaps most worrying is that on several occasions he has wrongly denied rightful race results and wins to suit himself. How can such a man stand for our sport, a man who very easily bought shame to it on those occasions? After Aus 01 and 02 it was an embarrasment to say, "Im an F1 fan!"

Aside from that what has really annoyed me is how Mosley went on about how it was none of his business to interfere with the elections and that he will keep his mouth shut, but he's done nothing of the sort and IMO has strongly influenced it towards Todts favour.

Date: October 25, 2009 02:08AM
there's nothing wrong with the points you make, i only had the feeling that last two lines in your penultimate post were a bit over the top

Date: October 25, 2009 12:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
One of the rare times that me and chet agree.

The way I see it is I don't care what team he has been involved with in the past - he spent his days in F1 being dodgy as hell. Why don't we just elect Flavio whilst we're chosing people who really shouldn't be in charge?

I didn't trust him before, and now that he is in a position of power, I trust him even less. The fact Mosley was heavily involved in his campaign makes things even worse. This was a time for change, yet it seems Max still has his didrty little hands in the cookie jar.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 26, 2009 06:54PM
Posted by: LS.
What price impartiality is my main question?

He has no regard for sportsmanship or fairplay either.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: October 27, 2009 02:07AM
Sorry for posting this again but I just cant for the life of me understand how this man...

Is now our president.

What a total utter farce.

Date: October 28, 2009 03:04PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
I dont think he'll be very biased towards Ferrari. I dont think he was on the best of terms with Montezemolo when he left and Ferrari are a major player in FOTA, who've been an irritating thorn in the FIA and Mosley's side over the past 18 months or so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy