marwood82 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Kimi will be announced at Citroen this week
> > apparently.
>
> yup, its all starting to look rather likely.
>
> [wrc.com]
> Raikkonen+close+to+Citroen+WRC+deal

And rumor is made by finnish tv channel already day after Robertson confirmed Kimi wont be driving F1 next year and there is no any truth on background. Whole story is made because they lost tons of customers already during next day after these news (Unfortunately this 1 and same channel is showing both F1 and WRC).

Over 90% of finnish "F1 fans" answered in different polls they are not going to watch F1 next year just because Kimi is leaving..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Re: Kimi Raikkonen
Date: November 28, 2009 10:39AM
Posted by: kimifanaat
I still think there are enough reasons to watch next season, allthough Kimi won't be participating. I'm very curious about Fernando Alonso and Nico Rosberg!

Date: November 28, 2009 11:55AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
IWE Schreef:
> marwood82 Wrote:
> -----
> > DaveEllis Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Kimi will be announced at Citroen this week
> > > apparently.
> >
> > yup, its all starting to look rather likely.
> >
> >
> [wrc.com]
>
> > Raikkonen+close+to+Citroen+WRC+deal
>
>
> And rumor is made by finnish tv channel already
> day after Robertson confirmed Kimi wont be driving
> F1 next year and there is no any truth on
> background. Whole story is made because they lost
> tons of customers already during next day after
> these news (Unfortunately this 1 and same channel
> is showing both F1 and WRC).
>
> Over 90% of finnish "F1 fans" answered in
> different polls they are not going to watch F1
> next year just because Kimi is leaving..

But WRC.com is something else then a Finnish broadcasting channel. It's rather easy really, Kimi is backed by Red Bull for ages already, Red Bull sponsors Citroën, what ever you think of Kimi, him going to the WRC will help the decreasing populairty of the sport we have seen in the last few years.

Date: November 30, 2009 12:25AM
Posted by: mika19b
Imo I think Raikkonen won't be seen in F1 again, I think if he starts rallying he will decide to stay.

It's more chilled out than F1, which will suit Kimi down to the ground.
Date: November 30, 2009 03:05PM
Posted by: IWE
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> But WRC.com is something else then a Finnish
> broadcasting channel. It's rather easy really,
> Kimi is backed by Red Bull for ages already, Red
> Bull sponsors Citroën, what ever you think of
> Kimi, him going to the WRC will help the
> decreasing populairty of the sport we have seen in
> the last few years.

True, but now it is finally confirmed that Kimi wont drive 3rd car of Citroen WRC factory team (unlike it have been told till now by MTV3), but possibly in their junior team if Kimi/RedBull(/MTV3 ;)) pay all costs.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 30, 2009 08:40PM
Posted by: vesuvius
From MTV3:

RÄIKKÖNEN'S RALLY CONTRACT IS SIGNED
30.11.2009 20:51

Kimi Räikkönen's move to the WRC-serie has been confirmed.

According to a reliable source MTV3 has, Räikkönen has signed a contract with Citroën for next season.

Räikkönen will race in Citroën's junior team with the same C4 WRC -car that drivers Sébastien Loeb and Daniel Sordo drive. Other drivers to the junior team hasn't been confirmed but Sébastien Ogier is likely to be Räikkönen's team mate.

Räikkönen will be quite a sensation to the 13 race WRC. Many expect a strong performance from him especially in the 4 WRC-rallies on tarmac.

The team is at the moment preparing a test program for Räikkönen.

He will probably also take part in the Arctic Lapland -rally with Citroën's car in January.

Räikkönen has an option to Red Bull F1-team for season 2011. Red Bull will finance Räikkönen's driving in WRC.

(MTV3)
Date: November 30, 2009 09:35PM
And ^those^ news have already been confirmed as false information..(N)

Date: December 01, 2009 07:14AM
Posted by: sunil
This is really Bad news for me and but still i wish him ALL THE BEST wherever he goes and our support will be there for him.

Now i have to watch F1 and WRC now. sadly WRC won't be telecast much in my country

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: December 03, 2009 02:56PM
Posted by: vesuvius
According to Turun Sanomat and Autosport, Kimi's Citroen deal will be confirmed in next few hours! however Kimi's assistant Riku Kuvaja has already denied this to MTV3 ...so let's wait and see.
Date: December 03, 2009 09:20PM
Posted by: chet
Like I have with JPM and Nascar, I will take more notice on the WRC next year if Kimi does race. It's a shame the coverage isnt great though. UK veiwers get it on Dave I think!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: December 04, 2009 11:34AM
Posted by: bratwurst boy
Kimi's WRC move confirmed:

“I always wanted to compete in rally, especially in the World Rally Championship at some point in my career," said Raikkonen. "Thanks to Red Bull, I have the opportunity to drive the best car of the series with the Citroen C4. This is a new but very exciting challenge. For the moment we have a one-year contract and we will see how it goes for the future. I am really looking forward to testing the car and taking the start of the first rally.”

[www.wrc.com]

Date: December 04, 2009 01:04PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
ah well, best start watching wrc again! :D
might even go to the wales rally.

Its not too bad, MotorsTV are showing wrc next year which is good too!

Date: December 04, 2009 01:05PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
IWE Wrote:
> And ^those^ news have already been confirmed as
> false information..(N)

ORLY?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: December 04, 2009 01:06PM
Good luck to Kimi! I beleave he have pretty good changes to collect 4-8 points during the season and most of these in asphalt rallies. I just doubt he will be able to continue more than 1 season, because he is going to be old news already at half point of season.

Sure at Neste Oil rally he is going to be again the biggest star for all kids, but this doesnt have anything to do with rallying skills.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy