Kimi Raikkonen

Posted by ipswich2007 
Re: Kimi Raikkonen
Date: November 18, 2009 03:58AM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Such a shame...well, I wish luck in his next endeavors...F1 will miss him.
Date: November 18, 2009 04:25AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Extremely disappointing news! It would have been absolutely brilliant to see him in the McLaren. Its a pity to see one of the biggest enigmas of the sport leave...

In the cold light of day, I can't really see him coming back either - just like Hakkinen didn't.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 18, 2009 09:10AM
Posted by: marcl
Real shame tbh, Really hoped he would go to Mclaren.

The papers are already hyping up next year GB vs Germany, not really a good image for the sport.
Date: November 18, 2009 09:11AM
Posted by: gav
Hakkinen was different. He scared himself shitless at Interlagos. He'd lost that bit extra that made him world class and had fallen back towards merely average, outperformed by DC once more.

Kimi still has that, but feels he wouldn't want to fanny about in the midfield waiting for another opportunity to present itself.
Date: November 18, 2009 12:44PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
no fair :(

Date: November 18, 2009 12:48PM
Posted by: Nickv
Depends on what offers are made by both sides. It's also a bit of his own fault, an all or nothing campaign is always a bit risky. Nice if it works out, but you're pretty @#$%& if it doesn't.

I'm not sure if we see him back in 2011. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he got hooked into rallying.
Date: November 18, 2009 12:53PM
Posted by: IWE
And unlike people in here have been guessing McLaren would have allowed Kimi to take part in rally competitions. Also this was confirmed by his manager.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 18, 2009 01:11PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
It can be anything really, it could be a money issue, though it could also be Mclaren not wanting to put in the contract that he and Lewis will get equal threatment.

Date: November 18, 2009 01:17PM
Posted by: superchargednut
:( Kimi you greedy bastard.

Date: November 18, 2009 01:21PM
Posted by: IWE
These news just popped online few minutes ago.. Manager confirms McLaren didnt have enought money to hire Kimi.

"McLaren had their problems with Mercedes, Santander and FIA". They lost Satander, Mercedes doesnt like McLaren starting to make cheaper street cars and competing this way with Mercedes-Benz and FIA episodes we all know. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 18, 2009 03:23PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
I thought Santander where staying at Mclaren, or do they give less money or something?

Date: November 18, 2009 03:24PM
Posted by: Nickv
They are staying IIRC. They'll be putting Abbey onto the car instead of Santander IIRC.
Date: November 18, 2009 03:41PM
Posted by: EC83
Yep, that'd make sense, the two brands are interchangeable since Abbey is a branch of Santander.

Date: November 18, 2009 03:45PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Notice it was a smart move Santander made in simple thinking, appealing to their two biggest markets (Spain and Brazil) while still keeping their strategy of add value in British areas.
Date: November 18, 2009 06:50PM
Posted by: Guimengo
So long, Kimi. F1 is bigger than he is and we'll be fine in 2010.
Date: November 18, 2009 07:12PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
I'd say Hamilton is going to be feeling rather more relaxed and contented about next season than he might have been ^^

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: November 18, 2009 08:50PM
I do think Kimi is better than Jenson but I don't see why I should feel for a guy who's not driving for a top team only because he (or his agent) wanted even more money, despite having been (trying to be) in his top form for maybe 70% of the time in the past 2 seasons.

Edit: nice to see you back, HaGGis! How goes the string? :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 08:51PM by Guimengo.
Date: November 18, 2009 08:58PM
I just read Kimi signed with Mercedes GP
Date: November 18, 2009 09:00PM
Posted by: elemental
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep, that'd make sense, the two brands are
> interchangeable since Abbey is a branch of
> Santander.

However, I believe Abbey is changing its name to Santander in January, according to a letter they sent me :p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 09:01PM by elemental.
Date: November 18, 2009 09:15PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just read Kimi signed with Mercedes GP

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy