Kimi Raikkonen

Posted by ipswich2007 
Re: Kimi Raikkonen
Date: November 17, 2009 03:40PM
Posted by: vesuvius
he is motivated and he did say that staying in F1 is main wish, he also said he still wants to win races and championships, so motivation isn't the reason at all.He was also very excited about next years rule changes (qualifying system and race with heavy fuel loads).So something else is the reason why contract hasnt and maybe wont happend.
Date: November 17, 2009 03:50PM
Posted by: Nickv
Of course he says he's motivated. But if he has 75% of the motivation of another driver, he's less motivated and that will work against him. He can say he's motivated, but he hasn't looked as motivated this year (especially mid-season) as other drivers. It's not only about what you say, but also about what your body language and what you send out to the world.
Date: November 17, 2009 04:18PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
He always looked like this, so how the hell can you tell from his body language? ;)

Date: November 17, 2009 04:24PM
Posted by: villej
I have no idea about Räikkonens motivation myself, but when we judge body language and things like that, we must remember that it's not universal.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: November 17, 2009 04:39PM
Now there is rumours that Citroen WRC team sponsor Red Bull is trying to get Räikkönen to drive for the Citroen factory team for the full season, and has offered him two times the salary of Sebastian Loeb.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 04:41PM by villej.
Date: November 17, 2009 05:07PM
Posted by: Team CLR
If he does leave F1, I won't miss him much. His "McLaren or nothing" mentality spoke volumes, it's not like Heidfeld or Fissichella who aren't the quickest of drivers as such, but they were willing to even sign for a rear grid team just to stay in F1 and be a part of it. Whereas Kimi has more of a "yes, no, maybe" attitude, and I'm glad McLaren weren't going to put up with his shenanigans.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 09:12PM by Team CLR.
Date: November 17, 2009 06:30PM
Posted by: IWE
villej Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now there is rumours that Citroen WRC team sponsor
> Red Bull is trying to get Räikkönen to drive for
> the Citroen factory team for the full season, and
> has offered him two times the salary of Sebastian
> Loeb.

Actually only rumour making even bit sence is the one wich say Kimis manager have already contacted Petter Solberg World Rally Team. More "news" (lots of bullshit without any facts) is going to be in tv still later today..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 17, 2009 06:50PM
Yeah, sometimes the quality MTV3s "news" is just abysmal. You don't know if you are reading some gossip magazine or a supposed to be realiable news source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 06:52PM by villej.
Date: November 17, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i remember watching the review of the 1999 or 1998 season, dont quite remember ....
and then michael had just signed a new contract to ferrari .
when damon hill was asked , how much he thinks is michael going to be paid,
his guess was something like 5 times less than what michel actually got as a salary

BUT afterwards michael explained that what matters to him is not just to be a WORLD CHAPMION, but to make it with FERRARI .

WITH KIMI its more different if for example toyota have offered him enough money, or brawn gp then he would go there ....

he sure is motivated to win WDC but only for himself . That i dont like ! ! !

and that is not how you win the hearts of a thousand of fans...

does anyone remeber somebody in italy going soo wild when he got champion ,
com on, the Tifossi were more excited in 2003 when michael won at monza, or 1995 when the ferraris were leading at italy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2009 07:58PM by mitadumapaga.
Date: November 17, 2009 11:08PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
think Kimi might be taking a year out atleast now :(
quiet exit it will be unless something magical happens in the next few days

Date: November 17, 2009 11:11PM
Posted by: superchargednut
I'm gonna be gutted...

Date: November 17, 2009 11:28PM
Posted by: IWE
its confirmed - Kimi wont drive F1 next year!

According to Steve Robertson they have ended talking with McLaren without beeing able to reach contract.

Kimi might take part in Le Mans and rumours about rallying are still alive.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: November 17, 2009 11:42PM
Posted by: superchargednut
May I have sauce with that?

Date: November 18, 2009 12:04AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
It wouldn't suprise me if Kimi wanted to go to RBR from the beginning on, and set his mind on it for 2011, and untill then goes to drive rally's for red bull with Citroën?

Date: November 18, 2009 12:21AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
if this is true, i don't know if i can see him coming back. i know he's only 30 but i don't know where a seat will come from.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: November 18, 2009 12:44AM
Posted by: EC83
Date: November 18, 2009 12:53AM
Posted by: danm
i think vettel will be in that mercedes car next year/ or a red bull mercedes making way for kimi.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: November 18, 2009 01:34AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
F1's loss. Brawn with Button/Rosberg and Mclaren with Hamilton/Raikkonen would have been immense.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: November 18, 2009 01:46AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Autosport story:

[www.autosport.com]

Well, guess what, looks like this is it.

However, two things to notice, one is that people often tend to criticise others for not being true fans of the sport per se, glory hunters or whatever, now reactions of "boycotting f1 2010 due kimi out" that are flooding around the internets, are really topics to reflect about the meaning of this discussion.

Second, all the talk regarding this situation even from years ago (1 or 2 depends on your own count) has highlighted how arrogant we can be, certainly many assume that do believe what is the best for a person even though do not have details in possession, neither do considerate what it wishes, an individual not following certain logic for many is idiotically classified. Eventually it ends, proceed to the conclusions now. The real ones.
Date: November 18, 2009 03:52AM
Posted by: Flying Finn
Im absolutely gutted!!!
Looks like we're never going to see Kimi in a Mclaren again....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy