Kimi Raikkonen

Posted by ipswich2007 
Re: Kimi Raikkonen
Date: November 06, 2009 04:40PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi said on his own official site today, that he is still motivated,wants to win races and championships and that racing is everything! so that pretty much confirms that he will race for sure next year, maybe not in F1 but most likely there anyway.
Date: November 06, 2009 04:42PM
Posted by: marcl
No your right it does not just gives it as an option. There is a similar story on the BBC now as well.

I just read it the wrong way.

Mika did not take a sabbatical he retired.

Prost took a sabbatical though, more of a forced one if you know what I mean.
Date: November 06, 2009 06:54PM
Posted by: EC83
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mika did not take a sabbatical he retired.

Yeah, but at the time when he decided not to drive in 2002, it was strictly just to take a sabbatical, and he was widely expected to return, probably in 2003. It was never announced during 2001 that he was retiring. That only became apparent the following year.

Date: November 06, 2009 07:28PM
Posted by: Guimengo
If it is only between Kimi and Nick for McLaren, I actually want McLaren to sign Nick Heidfeld. True that their salary should be independent of Kimi's deal with Ferrari, but Kimi's agents are trying to get the "normal" Kimi salary + much less PR work. So he wants to get paid a ton and not do the work that ensures money comes in for the team that pays his salary, not cool. I think not being signed by McLaren could be a humbling experience to Kimi's agents, not Kimi himself.
Date: November 06, 2009 07:59PM
Posted by: Nickv
Guimengo schreef:
> So he wants to get paid a ton

That's only 100.000. That seems like a fair deal to me ;)
Date: November 06, 2009 08:09PM
100.000? Or 1000? :P
Date: November 06, 2009 08:12PM
100.000 since that's money. Unless you think he wants to earn 1000kg of fish :P
Date: November 06, 2009 08:13PM
100.000 doesn't correspond to a ton! Maybe he'd like 1 ton of gold ;).
Date: November 06, 2009 10:01PM
In Dutch it does correspond to a ton!
Date: November 06, 2009 11:29PM
Posted by: The Lopper
It's a toughie between Nick and Kimi, if it comes down to that. Obviously I want to see Kimi in a competitive car next year, but I also want to see Nick get the chance he was meant to get 8 years ago. That said, Kimi'd be far better if he got the seat.
Date: November 07, 2009 05:10AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I couldn't see Heidfeld doing much better than Kovalainen really, falling into a one-car team trap.

Whereas Kimi wouldn't get involved for that - and a lot of the engineers will remember him from 2002-06 and this will help him get a fair run.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 12, 2009 05:43PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, more interesting rumours: [en.f1-live.com]
Date: November 12, 2009 05:48PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Encouraging signs!

It is an amazingly slow driver market this year, but I suppose considering testing is off until February (for the regulars), there isn't much of a rush to get it sorted. A lot of teams might now wait for Renault to finalise their future, because otherwise Kubica, and possibly Glock, will be back on the market.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 12, 2009 06:40PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Yep, first Alonso held the key to the drivers market, teams waiting to sign drivers untill known where he was going, now, Kimi does the same, so I think when Kimi gets signed.. we get a rush of announcements of other drivers, unless there is someone else holding the key then, Rosberg? ;)

Date: November 12, 2009 07:44PM
MTV3 12.11.2009

Kimis manager:Mclaren or nothing

Kimi Räikkönens manager Steve Robertson comfirmed to MTV3 he had a meeting with Martin Whitmarsh on wednesday in Mclaren headquarters.
-Negotiations are continuing but we have nothing more to tell. We havent agreed anything for good.
Robertson didnt want to guess how long Mclaren and Räikkönen will strech their desicion about next season.
-We dont have a deadline. We continue to negotiate as long as things clear up.
-Kimi has made it clear he wants to go to team with he can win races and championships. Mclaren is so only option in his mind if he wants to continue in F1.
Robertson confirmed he hasnt negotiated with other teams- and isnt going to.
-Mclaren has been the only option for some time. The plan is Kimi will continue in F1 with Mclaren. If not , he is not going to drive in F1.
Date: November 12, 2009 07:53PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Date: November 17, 2009 03:17PM
Posted by: Flying Finn
I really hoped that Kimi would go to Mclaren! Now it doesn't really seemed that way though. I hope Martin Whitmarsh and the Mclaren boys sees some sense. Jenson over Kimi? Come on!! Don't a genius to figure out which one would be the better choice!
Date: November 17, 2009 03:22PM
Kimi to McLaren would be great, but if McLaren choose someone else over Kimi, it's only him to blame. He should've looked more interested than he did. People may call it a cool laid back style, but in these situations it's definately working against him.
Date: November 17, 2009 03:33PM
Nickv Wrote:
> Kimi to McLaren would be great, but if McLaren
> choose someone else over Kimi, it's only him to
> blame. He should've looked more interested than he
> did. People may call it a cool laid back style,
> but in these situations it's definately working
> against him.

Kimi was very interested (actually they were his only interest) about McLaren and they were about Kimi but there were few reasons that never did match in their wishes so there is no need for either of them to make compromises just to make other one happy.Kimi said he would do only a contract that he would be 100% happy with and I think he is right about that.If like it seems their wishes didn't match than it isn't nobodys fault, it just wasn't meant to be.
Date: November 17, 2009 03:35PM
I meant interested in F1 in general. Maybe I should've used 'motivated'.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy