New A1 Ring

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
New A1 Ring
Date: October 14, 2009 01:16AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Is there any news/pics to do with the reconstruction of the A1 Ring in Austria? I can hardly find out anything on google..

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: New A1 Ring
Date: October 14, 2009 02:02AM
Posted by: gin
Date: October 14, 2009 08:16AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The circuit is dead. Red Bull gave up when the locals got too vocal. Someone else was meant to buy it, but it has since gone quiet.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 14, 2009 08:38AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
That was in 2005ish.. in the end Red Bull did have permission to rebuilt the track in 2008, and it's scheduled to finish in 2010, more specifically, it should be finished at the 10th of September 2010, exactly 40 years after Jochen Rindt had his fatal accident.. DTM will be the first one to host a race on the new track, which should change a little, some corners will stay as they where.

[www.motorauthority.com]

Date: October 14, 2009 09:06AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
DTM will be the *only* series to host events there, if it is finished. Work stopped again twice for a couple of weeks since that article over ridiculous disputes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: October 14, 2009 12:24PM
Posted by: Trido
Shame. It was always one of my favorite circuits.
Date: October 14, 2009 05:41PM
Posted by: EC83
It would be nice if they did get it finished and up and running again, especially as the plan for the new track seemingly re-included part of the original Österreichring layout. It's been one of the best circuits over the last 40 years. It's amazing what repercussions there can be when locals start bitching and crying, and the amount of hold-ups and disputes over this has been ridiculous.

What I find hard to understand is why it was demolished in 2004 in the first place.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy