How hard is that Ferrari to drive!? (may contain spoilers)

Posted by SpaceAce 
How hard is that Ferrari to drive!? (may contain spoilers)
Date: September 13, 2009 08:42AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
We had Badoer in the car and he got no where with the car... Struggled from the get go... He's driven many variations of an F1 car and couldn't get to grips with the Ferrari.

We now have Fisi in the car, one of the most experience people to drive an F1 car and he is struggling as well...

Is it possible that Ferrari's poor start to the season was due to the fact they didn't know how to drive the car? How hard is that Ferrari to drive?

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Re: How hard is that Ferrari to drive!? (may contain spoilers)
Date: September 13, 2009 10:09AM
Posted by: gav
It's a bit of an eye-opener. I think it's just Ferrari in general, over the past couple of years anyway.

I said in the Monza thread that perhaps it's a very difficult car to gain confidence in, whereas the Force India is a car that just inspires belief, and that's maybe why the respective cars are hopeless and excellent in wet or challenging conditions.

That said, perhaps I am just reading too much into it, and Liuzzi has hit the ground running while the change in braking with KERS does take quite a bit of adapting to.
Well firstly, Badoer hasn't raced anything for 10 years, and hadn't driven a 2009-spec car yet. He was always going to struggle if you look closely at it.

Fisichella would have a lot of pressure on him. As Gav says, he would require a lot of time to get used to KERS and the new car, and by losing track time on Saturday morning, he would have lost some confidence. I think within a few races Fisichella will be much closer to the front.

X (@ed24f1)
Fisichella said after the qualy he is still feeling pressure for being a Ferrari driver.

We will see in a couple races, until Friday remember he had 0 km with it, eventually couldn't expect him to achieve the optimal in 2 days. He also commented he is not even used to the steering wheel yet.
is this the shumacher replacement that people talkin about few years ago...(fisi)... i doubt schumacher will be like just badoer or more fisi performance situation if he is on that f60 car right now, for not having driven in less than 2 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 11:37AM by micky-cannonball.
Well with all this 2009 regulations with no TC/ANti lock brakes/stability control etc...! it doesnt fit to f60.. but still that car was stable to drive and i smell it have some hidden aids installed to that car ;), neverthless badoer cound't survive more on the brutal assult of 2001 bmw

i expect 2009 car to be like this.. but just like last years.

montya was an animal on that vid btw!

I miss the sound of the old V10s :(
Personally right now i dont think Fisi struggled as such, i do however think he is getting used to using Kers and how it effects controlling the car and its handling. Massa and Kimi said earlier in the season how different it was running the car with Kers than without. Pressure aside i think Fisi did well, and i can only see him improving for the rest of the season away from the pressure of a home GP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy