Ferrari set to announce Badoer replacement (Confirmed)

Posted by micky-cannonball 
Weehhaayy, good on Fisi, I can imagine how birrliant he must be feeling now :D

What a dream end to a career, a fantastic result in a lowly team that harks back to the good old days when Fisi was considered second-best only to Schumacher. And then to race for Ferrari (at Monza!!) and then you go into semi-retirement as their reserve driver. You could relate to them for the rest of your life.

You've got to feel for Badoer, though. You're sitting there happy as Larry in a Ferrari test drive role. Then you're suddenly plonked in the race drive, rusty from the 10 years off, and can't get up to speed. Everybody starts slamming you, you lose your race drive and possibly test drive career. Horrible...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Re: Ferrari set to announce Badoer replacement (Confirmed)
Date: September 03, 2009 07:27PM
Posted by: Monza972
Welcome to Maranello Fisi! :D

It'll be a right boost for Fisi after that podium in Spa. I wish all the greatest luck to him :)
wooo go fisi!! Should be great to see him in the ferrari!

Congrats Fisi

F1 really needs to reintroduce the Friday test rules, what's happened to Badoer in this position isn't fair on him as a driver, as has been mentioned even his testing career looks dead now

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 03, 2009 09:08PM
Posted by: Slash
congrats for Fisi, very happy for him, for sure he'll be on the pace quick...
Date: September 03, 2009 09:23PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think he'll be some .3-.4 seconds off Kimi. Let's see, hopefully no engine failure!
Date: September 03, 2009 10:23PM
Posted by: Shaddix
nice to see Fisichella in the Ferrari at Monza! he deserves it!

F1Champs.net - F1 Manager Game (WIP)
Date: September 03, 2009 11:07PM
Posted by: vesuvius
here he is at Ferrari factory and wearing Ferrari clothes:
[img.mtv3.fi]
[img.mtv3.fi]
[img.mtv3.fi]
Date: September 03, 2009 11:11PM
Posted by: Monza972
Aww, he's totally loving it!
Date: September 04, 2009 12:03AM
Posted by: EC83
YAY FISI!! :D

Congrats to Giancarlo, he really deserves this. In a Ferrari, at Monza! And then finishing the season in one of the best cars in the field!
What a great way to finish his career, if he does decide to retire at the end of this year.

vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> here he is at Ferrari factory and wearing Ferrari
> clothes:
> [img.mtv3.fi] <-oh look a picture frame of ferrari 1 & 3 win w/ alonso on the podium ;), a clue for alonso at getting a sit for ferrari ehhh?

Wow!, i really felt happy for fisi when i saw that pic of him wearing ferrari. it looks like his dream come true!. as his performance, i think he will be on top 10 and i hope that ferrari will suit his style very well, more than raikkonen does... and also what if a magic happens and fisi keep outpacing raikkonen? should ferrari retain his seat for next year? if a 3rd car happens,.. then we might see a alonso/fisi/massa, hahah.

As we said on england - "If you do something on a rabbit, something might happen to you!" 3x and he does accidentally ram the rabbit on SPA during sat prac

1st one is - 1st pole for fisi @ FIndia
2nd one is - first podium for force india
3rd one is - a drive for italian driver to italian team on their italian home.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2009 02:12AM by micky-cannonball.
Date: September 04, 2009 05:40AM
Posted by: Slash
hahaha he looks like a kid with a new toy!, hopefully that'll makehim push even more, for sure he'll be commited but i'm not setting my hopes too high, i don't think he'll be very close to kimi's pace but he's been driving very good with the new slick tyres, of course it's a new car and all but still, in the races he should be very good
Date: September 04, 2009 06:31AM
Posted by: Guimengo
anyone else noticed the Spanish flag on his overall?
i don't see a spanish flag on his overalls?
good for fisci, but spare a thought for Rob Smedley and his team for having to adjust to yet another driver in the abscence of Massa. Should be good now they will have some stability till the end of the season and hopefully they can get some good points, maybe some podiums
ferrariman Wrote:
> but spare a thought for Rob
> Smedley and his team for having to adjust to yet
> another driver in the abscence of Massa.

Rob Smedley worked with Fisi at Jordan in 2002 and 2003.

Anyway, this year has had plenty of bizarre events that no-one could ever predict: Button winning 6/7 at the start of the year, Webber winning a race, Barrichello winning again, Badoer driving a Ferrari, Force India scoring a podium and now Fisi in a Ferrari.

I wonder what else could come next... Barrichello winning at Brazil, Force India winning, Webber winning the championship by half a point? I've got a feeling that there will be something else bizarre to come though!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 04, 2009 12:09PM
Posted by: Stan
Guimengo Wrote:
> anyone else noticed the Spanish flag on his
> overall?

care to show were it is?

Date: September 04, 2009 12:26PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
I think Gui means that comment symbolically - in other words, he believes that position that Giancarlo is in, will be a Spaniard's place next year...
Anyone know if Buemi + J Algs are confirmed for toro rosso next year?

Ho3n3r Wrote:
> I think Gui means that comment symbolically - in
> other words, he believes that position that
> Giancarlo is in, will be a Spaniard's place next
> year...

Woah...I'm in secondary school English class again...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy