Raikkonen hints at Ferrari departure!!!!!

Posted by micky-cannonball 
Re: Raikkonen hints at Ferrari departure!!!!!
Date: September 20, 2009 10:42PM
Posted by: EC83
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope Kimi doesnt go back to mclaren. or if he
> does, I hope he gets the car updates at the
> sametime as Hamilton unlike they do with Kovy.

Even if they didn't, I don't see Kimi being particularly bothered about it, and I don't think it would stop Kimi being able to outdrive Lewis on any given day either.
Don't get me wrong, Lewis is a damn good driver. But Kimi, when he's in the zone, is quite capable of blowing Lewis's doors off. Even in a slightly slower car.

Date: September 20, 2009 10:47PM
Posted by: IWE
Kovy have said in some cases that he desided not to use latest stuff etc.. Sure it might be just McLaden putting words into his mouth.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: September 21, 2009 12:14AM
Posted by: chet
Mclaren cant continue with one top class driver then a second-rate driver alongside when Ferrari are likley to have two top class drivers. It just makes it harder for Lewis. With the pack being so tight its not now a given that it will be Ferrari's and Mclarens in the top 4. Mclaren can not continue with Heikki imo. Not unless they want to make their job harder! If Brawn and RedBull keep pace, both teams have two great drivers.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 21, 2009 01:16AM
Posted by: EC83
Lewis needs a guy alongside him who'll push him hard and just plain beat him sometimes. It would bring out the very best in Lewis too and drive him - and the team - to a higher level of competitiveness.
To me it's a no-brainer.

Date: September 21, 2009 10:48AM
Posted by: Nickv
IIRC both Lewis and Fernando really enjoyed the fight they had in 07, so I can't see why Lewis wouldn't enjoy a fight again. It'd be very good for the team if they'd get Raikkonen back.
Date: September 21, 2009 11:27AM
Posted by: watercolours
I think Ferrari leaves Kimi so free. Since he has a relax personality he must be kept under pressure a little bit.
Date: September 21, 2009 12:16PM
Posted by: marcl
Kovy has had the lastest parts for the past few races now, he has been miles off Lewis pace in the race. Yes the fuel load did not help in Italy but the Brawns won with the same fuel load and Kovy started ahead of them.

Mclaren need another top driver, Lewis and Kovy have not even had a 1-2 yet.
Date: September 22, 2009 07:31AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Raikkonen will shove hamilton's ass. im very sure of it!

Date: September 22, 2009 12:57PM
Posted by: welshjim22
Mr personality isn't any great loss to F1. He only won the title by luck.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: September 22, 2009 01:36PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
welshjim22 schreef:
> Mr personality isn't any great loss to F1. He
> only won the title by luck.

Same goes for Hamilton, for Alonso, for Schumi, you need luck to win a F1 title, otherwise you won't be a champion. Not his fault Hamilton made mistakes when he was under pressure in the last 2 GP's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 01:36PM by Iceman-Kimi.
Date: September 23, 2009 02:43AM
Read on Atlas, apparently Nick Heidfeld was offered a Brawn seat for this year, last year. Due to the Honda pullout, he refused, and who could blame him!

It would have been Button-Heidfeld, perhaps the two men in F1 considered average, but Nick has to be one of the most under-rated guys out there.

I would still much prefer Rubens, or Nico but Nick is not a bad replacement. He finishes races and rarley makes mistakes. Like Button his pace is in races, not over one lap. Maybe he will finally get his chance to drive that Mercedes powered car he had always hoped for ;-)!! Abit late on the promise Norbert, but still :p

Date: September 23, 2009 12:13PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I'd be delighted for Nick if he got it. I know he has his detractors, but I think he's a damn solid driver who could really turn a few heads if given good machinery. Knowing Nick though, the Brawn would end up being an utter dog next year.
Date: September 23, 2009 12:16PM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
I agree with lopper. Although i could say for the past few years his performances was somewhat button. And i think deep inside he got balls to get pole positions and wins.

Date: September 23, 2009 04:28PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Luca Di Montezemolo has just confirmed that Felipe Massa will continue with Ferrari next year but they haven't yet decided the 2nd driver so that means they are trying to solve things with Kimi so he will leave the team.
Date: September 23, 2009 04:31PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Well, I just hope he drives a competitive car next year. I think McLaren would be a good choice. They know him and would probably push him more than Ferrari ever did.
Date: September 23, 2009 05:25PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Thats bollocks, look how good Kimi has been this year, podiums and a win in a car that isnt even the fastest, if he carrys on this performance in the last few races now theyve stopped developing the car then its just stupid if they chuck him out. Alonso can come in 2011. Whats the rush.

Kimi wins WDC in 07, massa gets close to it in 08, no ferrari driver in chance for WDC in 09 ---this results in Kimi possibly losing his drive over massa? :/

Date: September 23, 2009 05:59PM
Massa was arguably driving better than Kimi before his incident. But Kimi is driving very well atm.

But I agree with you...

If Ferrari hire Alonso, then it does 100% confirm that a contract in F1 means squat.

The way LdM talks it is asif the contract does not even exist, and that he has a choice of Kimi and Alonso rather than it being the case of trying to break Kimi's contract then having the choice of Alonso.

What amazes me is that they are going to lose £20-odd million for Kimi, then spent as much on Alonso and in the end is it worth it for one year earlier?!

Date: September 23, 2009 06:02PM
Posted by: Ali
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> Thats bollocks, look how good Kimi has been this
> year, podiums and a win in a car that isnt even
> the fastest, if he carrys on this performance in
> the last few races now theyve stopped developing
> the car then its just stupid if they chuck him
> out. Alonso can come in 2011. Whats the rush.
>
> Kimi wins WDC in 07, massa gets close to it in 08,
> no ferrari driver in chance for WDC in 09 ---this
> results in Kimi possibly losing his drive over
> massa? :/

Kimi is now doing a good job, no doubt. The pitty is that it seems he need to have some pressure to perform. Massa was quite better than him during the first half of the year, getting 4th and 5th places while Kimi was out of the points. Now he is leading the team and his tam-mates are lost at the back of the grid.
But Alonso is a driver that always perform, always delivers and generally always gets a good sum of points considering the car he has in his hands (the R29 is really crap). So Alonso in a Ferrari would be definitely someone to be afraid of. Kimi doesn't give me that impression.

Anyway, Hamilton-Kimi would be a good pair. I can't bet for any of them to beat the other, honestly.
Date: September 23, 2009 06:49PM
Posted by: gav
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> Kimi wins WDC in 07, massa gets close to it in 08,
> no ferrari driver in chance for WDC in 09 ---this
> results in Kimi possibly losing his drive over
> massa? :/

I don't think Kimi would be all that bothered to be honest. So long as he gets to drive on his terms (turning up when he feels like it ;)), then he'll be happy.
Date: September 23, 2009 07:21PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Ali Wrote:
> DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thats bollocks, look how good Kimi has been
> this
> > year, podiums and a win in a car that isnt even
> > the fastest, if he carrys on this performance
> in
> > the last few races now theyve stopped
> developing
> > the car then its just stupid if they chuck him
> > out. Alonso can come in 2011. Whats the rush.
> >
> > Kimi wins WDC in 07, massa gets close to it in
> 08,
> > no ferrari driver in chance for WDC in 09
> ---this
> > results in Kimi possibly losing his drive over
> > massa? :/
>
>
> Kimi is now doing a good job, no doubt. The pitty
> is that it seems he need to have some pressure to
> perform. Massa was quite better than him during
> the first half of the year, getting 4th and 5th
> places while Kimi was out of the points. Now he is
> leading the team and his tam-mates are lost at the
> back of the grid.
> But Alonso is a driver that always perform, always
> delivers and generally always gets a good sum of
> points considering the car he has in his hands
> (the R29 is really crap). So Alonso in a Ferrari
> would be definitely someone to be afraid of. Kimi
> doesn't give me that impression.
>
> Anyway, Hamilton-Kimi would be a good pair. I
> can't bet for any of them to beat the other,
> honestly.

Massa vs Kimi at the start of the year was a equal one, Massa got some better race results do the better strategy and some technical problems on Kimi's car, Kimi did outperform Massa in qualifyings this season.Alonso hasn't done anything special this year, R29 is not that bad car, I think it's very equal to Ferrari...what we should fear next season is that Kimi back to macca that will definately suit his style and is finally also bulletproof reliable, think about that ;p and if and when Massa will be good enough to drive and is hopefully as fast as he was, I believe he will beat Alonso.Also Alonso should do well next season because Ferrari has focused all their power to next years car so he should performe well...if not then Ferrari should think about what kind of mistake they did :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 07:25PM by vesuvius.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy