Bourdais' seat in immediate doubt...

Posted by le_jaguar_2004 
Re: Bourdais' seat in immediate doubt...
Date: July 12, 2009 07:39PM
Posted by: chet
Im with Gav here, if they replace him, at least replace him with a driver that knows what a good car feels like, like ermm Sato?

They have a race winning car underneath and yet are finishing near enough last!!!

If STR can unlock that car they will cause massive headaches for not only Ferrari, Mclaren and Williams but also for Brawn!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 12, 2009 07:56PM
Posted by: flat tyre
If they want to put a complete rookie in that car, surely it would be better to keep Bourdais! Although it would be fantastic if they found another Kimi Raikkonen - he had next to no experience on his debut. An F1 team surely knows what it's doing, if they do give this Spanish teen a drive then it'll be for a good reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: July 12, 2009 07:58PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They have a race winning car underneath and yet
> are finishing near enough last!!!

not really, they haven't got any updates from the RB5 for a long time now. They are still running a single deck diffuser i think, and they also haven't got the big Silverstone package either.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 12, 2009 11:28PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Yeah, looks like that's it for Bordais, I was hoping he'd do well in F1 after his strong showing stateside, but that didn't happen. I agree with Schueyfan, I also think he'll go the ALMS route now.

Date: July 13, 2009 04:48AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Would have to say that after the German GP Bourdais is history. He actually looks like he will be glad if Toro Rosso replaces him....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 13, 2009 01:23PM
Posted by: sasjag
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>if they do give this Spanish teen
> a drive then it'll be for a good reason.

I beleive he brings a rather large personal backer in the form of Repsol

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 13, 2009 05:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
indeed, apparently they have offered to supply both Red Bull teams for free as well, if he is given the drive.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 14, 2009 12:03PM
Posted by: Monza972
If a that's going on then Jaime is definitely in with a shout
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy