Ecclestone what a pussy!

Posted by micky-cannonball 
Ecclestone what a pussy!
Date: July 07, 2009 01:00PM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Shamed Ecclestone goes on 'sorry' offensive!

After describing the outrage sparked by his Hitler comments as a ‘big misunderstanding’ in the German press, Bernie Ecclestone has now turned to the English-speaking print media to apologise for his comments.

Jewish groups called for the F1 Chief Executive's resignation following his extraordinary Times interview, while a German state premier cancelled a meeting this weekend to discuss the future of the F1 race at Hockenheim.

"First, an apology," the 78-year-old wrote in a column in the same British newspaper on Tuesday.

Ecclestone insisted he does not ‘support Hitler's atrocities’ and admits he was ‘unwise ... to articulate my points so badly’.

In another interview, with the Jewish Chronicle, the Briton said he is "just sorry that I was an idiot," claiming that he actually cried when he once visited the Yad Yashem Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem.

"What I regret is people who have taken this the wrong way and have been offended, I'm really, really sad about because I have done an awful lot for the Jewish community, charities and whatever," Ecclestone said.

But in a third interview, for the American news agency Associated Press, he hit back at World Jewish Congress President Ronald Lauder and others for calling on him to quit.

"I think the people who are saying that haven't got the power to say these things," Ecclestone said, going on to criticise the Council for failing to ‘sort the banks out’ amid the global financial crisis.

@bernie - Why you are apologizing now? because your position in fia is at risk? nerd...

Re: Ecclestone what a pussy!
Date: July 07, 2009 01:31PM
Posted by: Covfan
From Twitter:

Jamesallenonf1 - According to bloggers in political circles, Bernie has been advised on media strategy over Hitler remarks by Peter Mandelson

Just LOL.
Date: July 07, 2009 05:09PM
Posted by: msater
He's off his rocker. Fullstop; end of story.

Oh, and he's not part of the FIA, he's part of FOM (Formula One Management), his own company.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 09, 2009 01:45AM
Posted by: gin
Political Correctness is whats wrong with this society.

I admire German military prowess during World War 2. I guess that makes me Hitler supporter, boo freakign hoo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 01:47AM by gin.
Date: July 09, 2009 07:50AM
Posted by: Morbid
Admiring military greatness and admiring people for being evil tyrants are two very different things, and that has nothing to do with PC.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy