Ecclestone is a moron!

Posted by Morbid 
Ecclestone is a moron!
Date: July 04, 2009 11:43PM
Posted by: Morbid
Quote:

“In a lot of ways, terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not, he was in the way that he could command a lot of people able to get things done.

“In the end he got lost so he wasn’t a very good dictator because either he had all these things and knew what was going on and insisted, or he just went along with it... so either way he wasn’t a dictator”

WTF?!? Is the man on drugs?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: Ecclestone is a moron!
Date: July 05, 2009 12:56AM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
quote from another forum with which I 100% agree with:

It's a drastic way of making a point, basically all the British politicans are doing now is argueing over things they don't comit to. For some reason everyone gets the heebie jeebies every time the name HITLER is mentioned... Did Bernie say he thought Hitlers views were correct? No. Did he say that the way Hitler implemented his messed up intentions was quick and succinct? Yes.

Learn to read between the lines a little more guys. In fact, even if the press had made it a little less subjective it's not all that bad. He's proabably just playing the media and using shock tactics, knowing people's reaction to name dropping the H man and I'm sure it fits into his grand scheme somewhere.

Date: July 05, 2009 01:41AM
Posted by: Covfan
I suppose if you had to you could say that Hitler was quite good in getting things he wanted done.

Always reminds me of that trick question that who would you rather have as leader and the person always chooses Hitler
Date: July 05, 2009 04:17AM
So you defend him. Wow. Maybe you really do deserve the political mess you are in...

Date: July 05, 2009 08:59AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Hitler comparisons = InstaFail.

I normally defend Bernie because he gets bashed for random things which have nothing to do with him. But god damn thats a stupid comment from him.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 05, 2009 11:18AM
Posted by: Covfan
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So you defend him. Wow. Maybe you really do
> deserve the political mess you are in...

I'm not defending him, it's a stupid comment by him, I'm just saying it reminded me of that quote.
Date: July 05, 2009 12:08PM
Posted by: jbnd05
If there was ever a sign that Bernie and Max have outstayed their welcome, it's these actions now.

Date: July 05, 2009 12:39PM
Posted by: flat tyre
That quote madew absolutely zero sense to me... but after talking to someone else about it, apparently what he said was that Hitler was simply being told what to do by someone else, because he had no clue.

If that's the case, so what? It's nothing to do with Formula 1. Yes, it might show that he's a bit looney, but in the end it doesn't affect the ability to get his job done. If there's one thing that annoys me about people of the world, it's that they can let something completely irrelevant to their job kick them out. They could be fantastic at a job, the best the world has ever seen, but because they made one bad remark about something completely different, they have to go. Like with Mosely's sex scandal - I didn't understand why he should go. simply because - as another poster put it - that's the way that he can get his thing up!

At the end of the day, he'll still be as good at his job as he was before, even if he hadn't have said it. Let him have his opinion and move on. We're becoming just as bad ourselves, not letting people think what they want to think. Let him publicly say it, at least he's being honest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: July 05, 2009 12:55PM
Posted by: gin
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> quote from another forum with which I 100% agree
> with:
>
> It's a drastic way of making a point, basically
> all the British politicans are doing now is
> argueing over things they don't comit to. For some
> reason everyone gets the heebie jeebies every time
> the name HITLER is mentioned... Did Bernie say he
> thought Hitlers views were correct? No. Did he say
> that the way Hitler implemented his messed up
> intentions was quick and succinct? Yes.
>
> Learn to read between the lines a little more
> guys. In fact, even if the press had made it a
> little less subjective it's not all that bad. He's
> proabably just playing the media and using shock
> tactics, knowing people's reaction to name
> dropping the H man and I'm sure it fits into his
> grand scheme somewhere.

yes but most people are dumb sheep though, who like to jump on bandwagons.

Date: July 05, 2009 03:35PM
That is simply wrong. In the same article, he praised Saddam and the Taliban for their ability to run Iraq and Afghanistan respectively. He also claims that democracy hasn't done a lot of good for most countries including Britain. Comparisons were made between him and these leaders.

Face it. Bernie is an advocate of dictatorship and a fascist. IMHO, that makes him unfit for his job.

flat tyre Wrote:
> That quote madew absolutely zero sense to me...
> but after talking to someone else about it,
> apparently what he said was that Hitler was simply
> being told what to do by someone else, because he
> had no clue.
>
> If that's the case, so what? It's nothing to do
> with Formula 1. Yes, it might show that he's a bit
> looney, but in the end it doesn't affect the
> ability to get his job done. If there's one thing
> that annoys me about people of the world, it's
> that they can let something completely irrelevant
> to their job kick them out. They could be
> fantastic at a job, the best the world has ever
> seen, but because they made one bad remark about
> something completely different, they have to go.
> Like with Mosely's sex scandal - I didn't
> understand why he should go. simply because - as
> another poster put it - that's the way that he can
> get his thing up!
>
> At the end of the day, he'll still be as good at
> his job as he was before, even if he hadn't have
> said it. Let him have his opinion and move on.
> We're becoming just as bad ourselves, not letting
> people think what they want to think. Let him
> publicly say it, at least he's being honest.

Date: July 05, 2009 05:39PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Morbid Wrote:
> That is simply wrong. In the same article, he
> praised Saddam and the Taliban for their ability
> to run Iraq and Afghanistan respectively. He also
> claims that democracy hasn't done a lot of good
> for most countries including Britain. Comparisons
> were made between him and these leaders.
>
> Face it. Bernie is an advocate of dictatorship and
> a fascist. IMHO, that makes him unfit for his
> job.

OK, if it was just the one odd comment I could let him off, but by the sounds of it that interview he gave has written off any chance for even me to still give him a second chance. Yes, the terrorists might be able to control the country 'better' than their opposition, but only in terms of power because they're willing to do a @%$£ job of it killing people as well as ruining what they've got in the process. Congrats Bernie, you've just shot your career's foot with a bazuka! When would anybody ever say that because they ruin lives, they run it better? Fear for power is NEVER good control!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: July 05, 2009 06:11PM
Posted by: jbnd05
My issue is not only with his views on dictators etc, but the fact that he consistently cites F1 as a dictatorship. He really knows how to bring the sport into a positive light.

Date: July 05, 2009 09:45PM
Posted by: The Lopper
F1 wouldn't really work with proper democracy. It'd be a disaster really. Still though, praising Hitler, the Taliban and Saddam in one article? Really, Bernie? Gobshite.
Date: July 06, 2009 01:18AM
Posted by: EC83
You cannot praise the approaches and actions of a deranged lunatic who caused a world war and ordered the deaths of millions of innocent people. End of story.
Denying that he was a dictator, thus implying that he somehow wasn't that bad, is equally stupid.

I usually praise Bernie, but that comment of his is downright @#$%& retarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 01:24AM by EC83.
Date: July 06, 2009 08:34AM
Posted by: gav
EC83 Wrote:
> You cannot praise the approaches and actions of a
> deranged lunatic who caused a world war and
> ordered the deaths of millions of innocent people.

Unless there's an even more controversial part of the article than was quoted here, then I fail to see any praise whatsoever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 08:34AM by gav.
Date: July 06, 2009 11:25AM
Posted by: mcdo
And a week before the German GP? Bernie, you schmuck!
Date: July 06, 2009 01:35PM
Article in full

[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Date: July 06, 2009 04:57PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Right, having read that in full I can't see him saying anything wrong. He isn't praising Saddam, he isn't praising the Taliban and he isn't praising Hitler. The only thing that's off is that he seems to be suggesting that Hitler was "influenced" into causing the Holocaust, as if Hitler actually liked the Jews and some nasty advisors bamboozled him into murdering 6 million of them. But he isn't advocating Nazi policies or anything, just saying he got things done. Now I don't agree with his views that democracy is a disaster and that we'd be better off with dictatorships, but by no means do I oppose them 100% either.

I'm now agreeing with Iceman-Kimi - it's just another case of people over-reacting the minute Hitler's name is mentioned and failing to understand properly what the person is trying to say.
Date: July 06, 2009 05:29PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The Lopper Wrote:
> I'm now agreeing with Iceman-Kimi - it's just
> another case of people over-reacting the minute
> Hitler's name is mentioned and failing to
> understand properly what the person is trying to
> say.

That's true to an extent, but he would have known that this would gain a lot of media attention, and he still decided to air these views. he should have thought a bit more carefully before publicly stating this sort of stuff. surely he remembers the media attention last year with max's alleged links to Nazi sex romps. and as such, he should hold caution before making references which could be misinterpreted or exaggerated.

Even worse is the fact that he contemplates whether Hitler was an innocent bystander in the terrible events "In a lot of ways, terrible to say this I suppose, but apart from the fact that Hitler got taken away and persuaded to do things that I have no idea whether he wanted to do or not" "Either he knew what was going on and insisted, or he just went along with it — either way he wasn’t a dictator.”"

it also seems to have affected Bernie's talks with Hockenheim over their 2010 race
[en.f1-live.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 06, 2009 05:31PM
Posted by: EC83
gav Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You cannot praise the approaches and actions of
> a
> > deranged lunatic who caused a world war and
> > ordered the deaths of millions of innocent
> people.
>
> Unless there's an even more controversial part of
> the article than was quoted here, then I fail to
> see any praise whatsoever.

OK, so he stopped short of actually praising Hitler. Denying that Hitler was a dictator - and generally implying that the most evil dictator in history was maybe not that bad - was still unbelievably stupid of him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy