September 11th 2009 - Alonso to Ferrari

Posted by SexySam182 
September 11th 2009 - Alonso to Ferrari
Date: July 01, 2009 09:47AM
Posted by: SexySam182
'Ferrari to confirm Alonso at Monza'
Tuesday 30th June 2009

Ferrari will reportedly confirm the signing of Fernando Alonso at their home race, the Italian Grand Prix.

Rumours of his pending move to Ferrari have dogged Alonso for the past three years, however, instead of joining the Italian marque he spent the 2007 season at McLaren before returning to Renault.

But his days at Renault are reportedly numbered.

Spanish daily Diario AS is claiming that on the Friday of the Italian Grand Prix, Ferrari will confirm that Alonso will be joining them next season, having signed a five-year contract.

It is not known, though, whether he'll be replacing Kimi Raikkonen or Felipe Massa, who have both had a trying start to this year's campaign.

But whoever stays, his days too could be numbered as AS speculates that Ferrari are also interested in signing Sebastian Vettel for the 2011 season.

[planetf1.com]

Re: September 11th 2009 - Alonso to Ferrari
Date: July 01, 2009 10:01AM
Posted by: vesuvius
I don't believe in this at all because rumours are again coming from that spanish newspaper AS that knows absolutelty nothing about F1...but we will see it in september were they right or not.
Date: July 01, 2009 10:35AM
Posted by: Ali
I don't rely to much on As newspaper, honestly. But, Alonso-Ferrari link rumor has been moving around for loooong long time, Spanish Bank "Santander" is involved with Ferrari for next year and it is a fact that Botin (Owner of the Bank...or one of them - I am ignorant in bank hierarchy stuff-) and Alonso have met in private a few times this year so what I believe is that there is something... But I don't need AS to tell me about it as most of the times they are just speculating.
Date: July 01, 2009 01:26PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
well ferrari did clearly sate at one of the races this year that kimi WILL be there in '10 so..

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: July 01, 2009 03:15PM
Posted by: chet
But thats Ferrari. Kimi could change his mind and simply leave, he may have a contract but will Ferrari argue if Alonso will be knocking?

Im still not sure on Kimi, whether he cba to stay or not.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 01, 2009 03:21PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Kimi will stay, he and his team has said it many times even today.
Date: July 01, 2009 05:38PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
well i dont think they will sack either driver. it would be very harsh to sack Massa considering he thrashed Kimi last year and this year he has put in some good performances (Silverstone, Barcelona etc.), and has not been outshone by Kimi overall. they wouldn't sack Kimi either, because they know his incredible potential, and he still has moments which shows he can relive these moments.

therefore, the most likely way for Alonso to get into Ferrari next year would be Kimi retiring which i could see happening. However, i suppose we have to believe what Kimi has been saying, and maybe Alonso will have to wait one more year after all...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 01, 2009 06:11PM
Posted by: Fincent
Kimi will move to rally I think, for sure. Alonso, Massa at Ferrari next year sounds like a promising line up for sure provided that the car can deliver. But I dunno, we have to see i think so...

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: July 01, 2009 06:37PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I feel Kimi won't leave unless he is pushed like Schumi was in 2006.
Date: July 01, 2009 08:22PM
Posted by: Ali
Kimi is not the one he was I think. He doesn't seem too motivated and definetely Ferrari needs someone more competiive and eager to win and that's not Kimi...Massa is pushing much more under difficult circumstances.
Date: July 01, 2009 09:32PM
Posted by: Frantic
Kimi is like James Hunt I think... but he has contract until the end of 2010, and Massa too... maybe Ferrari will confirm Alonso for 2011.

That sounds good!

Ferrari - Alonso/Massa?! Nuuuuuuuuuuu!
Alonso/Vettel for 2011?! /no1!!

Date: July 12, 2009 05:19PM
Posted by: lanky180
They better NOT! I hate him!

[batracer.com]
Date: July 16, 2009 11:07AM
Just waiting for my car MOT (it failed :() I was reading CAR magazine, it had a pre-season interview with Alonso.

The very first words spoken were, "To win championships you must drive for Ferrari."

Great interview however I got the impression they were trying to press for info about Mclaren/Lewis and Alonso didnt reveal too much. They also seemed to really take a dislike for Mclaren and blamed them entirley for Alonso's poor season. Poor journalism imo.

Date: July 16, 2009 03:16PM
Posted by: Covfan
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
They also seemed
> to really take a dislike for Mclaren and blamed
> them entirley for Alonso's poor season. Poor
> journalism imo.

Poor Journalism or just sucking up to the interviewee?
Date: July 16, 2009 03:46PM
Hmm good point. It was full of high praise for Fernando and yet the opposite for Mclaren.

Date: July 31, 2009 06:47PM
Posted by: alexf1man
Alonso could take the seat if Massa can't compete.
Date: August 02, 2009 12:09PM
Posted by: dierome
I've been thinking that in the light of Fernando's McLaren fallout, he will never consider entering a team in which equal status is given to both drivers....So, how would Alonso join Ferrari alongside Massa (if he recovers, which fortunately seems increasingly likely) o Raikkonen if, the former will no be treated as the No.1 driver in the team??
It's just a thought.......I'm 100% sure Alonso will do whatever he can in order to avoid a repeat of his 2007 relationship with McLaren, which ruined his chance of driving top level Formula 1 machinery......
Date: August 02, 2009 01:24PM
Posted by: gav
I think given the events of the past year or so, people are starting to see 2007 for how it really was.

Alonso might have got equal machinery, but Ron certainly had his favourite. The DC comment of Ron going up to Hakkinen's engineers and asking "what are they doing", pointing at DC's crew as if they were in a different team, speaks volumes about how the team operate(d).

There are no sources to say Alonso said anything like what was being reported. I'm inclined to believe that behind closed doors things were certainly not rosy, but Alonso hasn't exactly got a reputation for bad-mouthing anyone that I can think of, aside from those reported 2007 comments.

I'm calling media hype and poor PR myself.

There's little to suggest that Alonso has a problem being equal number 1, so long as he's treated equally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 01:25PM by gav.
Date: August 02, 2009 03:38PM
Posted by: J-C-2
A dream come to true if this happens :)

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy