Official Silverstone British Grand Prix ******* SPOILERS********

Posted by Team CLR 
James Allen asking the questions in the official press conference. How the f**k did he land that one?!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

race was over after Turn 1 unfortunately, Webber duffed the start and was lucky to keep 3rd. its disappointing for him as this weekend was probably his best chance for a win so far, but the way the red bull is going, that shouldn't be too far away. anyway, an interesting race with lots of good battles through the field.

great job by Massa and Fisichella in particular.

X (@ed24f1)
i suppose if you're going to have a dull race (other than Button on Massa were there any other overtakes in the top 10?) you might as well host it on a nice challenging track with a good crowd

Well the Japanese coverage started the Replay 30 minutes early. They would usually only do this for Monaco. My fault for not checking the T.V. listings. Doh!

So when I tuned in the race was already over. That was a guess, I immediately turned off the T.V. because modern F1 is all about the first 10 laps and went to the net for results. The results were completely in line line with what I saw having tuned in late.

Naturally, I say screw the current regulations, let's see what FOTA can give us.

turkey_machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James Allen asking the questions in the official
> press conference. How the f**k did he land that
> one?!

whats so amazing about that? when Allen is not on TV he is alright.

thank god there's no more silverstone borefests! the place should just be demolished now

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Good race by Massa, dissapointed by Jenson thou, but at the end it was nice to see him pushing very hard on that thing

i've seen better racing at Silverstone even with the old regulations...
harjinator Wrote:
> thank god there's no more silverstone borefests!
> the place should just be demolished now

It's back next year if Donington isn't finished.
Enjoi Wrote:
> I don't really like Jensons helmet this year, I
> liked this one from a few seasons ago
> [img40.imageshack.us].
> jpg
> If Red Bull are strongest then I hope Webber can
> get a win, but it'd be nice for Button to win his
> home grand prix. Like someone said in this thread,
> it'd be interesting to see what Webber can do with
> a little less fuel on board and from pole
> position.

I think that helmet coincided with the England World Cup Match again Portugal.
harjinator Wrote:
> thank god there's no more silverstone borefests!
> the place should just be demolished now

Depends what you want from a race, really. People who want overtaking will obviously not like Silverstone. But, I enjoyed the race the entire weekend, simply because I find it amazing and unique to watch F1 cars race here with the speed, corners, atmosphere, fans and traditional architecture. Not to mention that I feel like a child every time I watch it, because of the history of the place, and I went there in 2007 so I feel that excitement every time I watch :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Silverstone can not be blammed for the dull race. You could see that Lewis and Alonso could not get passed the BMW's due to the stupid rev limit the engine have. Yes they can follow close but you get in the slip stream hit the 18,000 limit and thats it you go no where.

Was a good race with Lewis and Alonso swapping places, just wonder though how many people would have moaned had it been Lewis that made an error and put Alonso on the grass lol.

Was an ok race nothing great, vettel had the perfect car and again button showed he is not that good when the car is not perfect.

Great race by fissi that pass on 2 cars at the same time was brave.
I agree with marcl really. The first part of the race I thought was good. The battle between Alonso and Nick and then Hamilton, was good if not a little frustrating. Nick is really good in those situations, he may not be the quickest out there but he certainly is one of the coolest when under pressure. I thought he did quite good, considering the damage his car had.

The Red Bulls were just in a different league. I would be nice if they get the next 5 or 6 wins and really bring another close finish to the championship.

Drivers of the race for me, Fissi and Massa and I donĀ“t particularly like either of them two.
Fantastic race by Red Bull, Vettel was faultless. Shame Webber got "distracted" on his quali lap, would have liked to have seen him take the race to Vettel. But a 1-2 for RBR is a fantastic result, nice to see Button struggling as well.

marcl Wrote:
> Silverstone can not be blammed for the dull race.
> You could see that Lewis and Alonso could not get
> passed the BMW's due to the stupid rev limit the
> engine have. Yes they can follow close but you
> get in the slip stream hit the 18,000 limit and
> thats it you go no where.

If you remove the rev limit, what difference is it going to make? They'll just gear the car higher until it hits the safe limit they'd place on the engines anyway. It would still hit the limiter.
the introduction of the rev limit never sounded such a bad idea. the cars would in theory reach their terminal velocity earlier... making slipstreaming easier.

not bad race, not great, expected more from the track tbh. good coverage though. very good. did not miss much of the action! i was lucky, here in bahrain they recieve bbc commentary during the race, so that was good!!

that redbull was stupidly fast. perfect race from vettel. exactly what was needed from the guy after jb did the same at turkey. nice to see rb beating jense aswell, but also interesting to note that the brawn was still 2nd fastest on a bad day. though they suffered tyre issues i dont think it can account for the 1second/lap difference between the redbull. anyone even remotley tipping jb for title before was stupid. this will be a fanstasic race to the end now! brawn have shown a great weakness, and though the next few tracks in theory will suit their car, they best hope the weather plays into their hands otherwise the new redbull will no doubt be there. brawn v's redbull just got a whole lot hotter. can brawns new update be as good as redbulls because they are certainly left behind now! no doubt about that. vettel win for spa, suzuka and monza IMO, but after that its anybodys guess!! we have an awesome 2nd half coming up! jb has got real pressure now, he knows as well as us that his champ lead can quickly vanish with a few bad races.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
don't know if this is the right place to post it but, is there any place where i can download the full race recorded from tv?

Not legally ;-)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Gigi4 Wrote:
> don't know if this is the right place to post it
> but, is there any place where i can download the
> full race recorded from tv?

it will be on iplayer
chet Wrote:
> the introduction of the rev limit never sounded
> such a bad idea. the cars would in theory reach
> their terminal velocity earlier... making
> slipstreaming easier.
>
> not bad race, not great, expected more from the
> track tbh. good coverage though. very good. did
> not miss much of the action! i was lucky, here in
> bahrain they recieve bbc commentary during the
> race, so that was good!!
>
> that redbull was stupidly fast. perfect race from
> vettel. exactly what was needed from the guy after
> jb did the same at turkey. nice to see rb beating
> jense aswell, but also interesting to note that
> the brawn was still 2nd fastest on a bad day.
> though they suffered tyre issues i dont think it
> can account for the 1second/lap difference between
> the redbull. anyone even remotley tipping jb for
> title before was stupid. this will be a fanstasic
> race to the end now! brawn have shown a great
> weakness, and though the next few tracks in theory
> will suit their car, they best hope the weather
> plays into their hands otherwise the new redbull
> will no doubt be there. brawn v's redbull just got
> a whole lot hotter. can brawns new update be as
> good as redbulls because they are certainly left
> behind now! no doubt about that. vettel win for
> spa, suzuka and monza IMO, but after that its
> anybodys guess!! we have an awesome 2nd half
> coming up! jb has got real pressure now, he knows
> as well as us that his champ lead can quickly
> vanish with a few bad races.

McLaren's screwup, basically. They should have accounted for the slipstream you get, and didn't, ergo it's the setup of the car that restricted that. No wonder Hamilton's frustrated this season!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Naboo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Gigi4 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > don't know if this is the right place to post > it > > but, is there any place where i can download > the > > full race recorded from tv? > > > it will be on iplayer

I'm from italy, so iplayer doesnt work

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy