Official Silverstone British Grand Prix ******* SPOILERS********

Posted by Team CLR 
Looks awesome I think :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Only lasted the few outlap/inlaps did it not? I didnt see it when they were doing their timed runs.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
disappointing for webber to miss the last few minutes of P2. it didn't seem that bad, so hopefully he doesn't need an engine change.

X (@ed24f1)
LOL Sutil (Crashed into Fisi coming into the pit box) ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Any pictures of the new RBR nose or the Sutil crash?
here is the RBR nose.

apparently the wider nose supports act as quasi-bargeboards to direct airflow around the front of the car.

no images of the Sutil crash yet, i'll try and find a video of practice somewhere and get it off that

EDIT: here is an image of the Sutil crash. Its hard to see what is happening on the image, hopefully a video arises soon enough.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 06:22PM by SchueyFan.
I can not see anyone beating rbr this weekend they just look miles ahead on track.

Brawns are the 2nd best at silverstone and mclaren so far are going better than I thought they would.

Was Sutil on a low fuel run? I am shocked by his time.
haha, I think it's quite obvious to see what happened with Force India there, thanks :P
[f1.gpupdate.net]

Here's one that might be getting over-looked in all the stuff about FOTA vs F1: Mosley reckons that the British GP will be at Silverstone next year. Nothing definite, but I like that someone in charge has finally come out and admitted that no British GP next year is a no-go for F1, if Donington can't do it.
Red Bull are looking pretty good and they usually dont do any low fuel runs on practice, but still maybe they did some this time to check the new updates. The cool temperatures must be helping them as well as they seem to like the cool tarmac, so I say if the sun keeps being gentle this may be Webber's best chance for a win so far, hope he gets it.

Aside from Red Bull the rest are pretty unpredictable so I say the order will be the same from last race with maybe Renault leapfroging both Ferrari and BMW.
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's one that might be getting over-looked in
> all the stuff about FOTA vs F1: Mosley reckons
> that the British GP will be at Silverstone next
> year. Nothing definite, but I like that someone in
> charge has finally come out and admitted that no
> British GP next year is a no-go for F1, if
> Donington can't do it.

of course mosley would say that now, he just doesn't want it to go on the FOTA calendar.

X (@ed24f1)
Got back from Silverstone a few hours ago, traffic was horrendous getting onto the M1 even a few hours after all the action had finished! As for my mate, it was his first taste of F1 and he absolutely loved it! We sat at Luffield C for FP2 and its by far one of the best seats in the house! The Red Bulls looked massively twitchy all the way through the session and Massa was determined to kick up as much dust as he could coming out of the final corner haha. We'd only had 4 hours sleep the night before because there was a group of lads shouting and banging on doors at the hotel until about 3 in the morning, drunk off their faces no doubt, coming back from some sort of party. On the journey back home, my mate pretty much died on me until we stopped off for a coffee somewhere on the M6. Then he discovered that the airhorn wasn't entirely empty and decided to blast every car that overtook us. Let me just say that it was an, uhm, interesting journey back home lol...

EDIT: Heres a few pics from the day :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 03:27AM by Fincent.
flat tyre Wrote:
> You push my Buttons, Jenson ;)
>
> Talking of Jenson, he's got a snazzy one-off
> helmet this weekend. Hamilton's got one, too, but
> we won't bother with that since it's pretty much
> identical.

Liking JB's helmet, I've got to say! It's just... so him ;)

nice pics Fincent, especially the last one! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Haha thanks, lol. That last one was a poster stuck on the fencing near the bridge that goes over the hangar straight. Me and my mate stayed there for about 10 minutes and everyone that walked past started laughing. It was immense when we noticed him in the pitlane during FP1 too, everyone started booing so loudly haha!

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Yeah Fincent, just noticed your edit. Great pics! As well as the last one, the one with the reflection of the Ferrari being wheeled into the garage is awesome!

Woo, I just had my text read out on the BBC :)

Fincent, some great photos there. Better than my efforts from 2007, although maybe you've got competition from my best one of Hamilton :P I'd love it if you could make a large version of that Bernie poster and wave it in the grandstand. Also... I wonder if there will be any FOTA banners this weekend?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
I don't really like Jensons helmet this year, I liked this one from a few seasons ago

If Red Bull are strongest then I hope Webber can get a win, but it'd be nice for Button to win his home grand prix. Like someone said in this thread, it'd be interesting to see what Webber can do with a little less fuel on board and from pole position.

Ric Scott
Fincent Wrote:
> [photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net]
> .snc1/5181_192800185458_908615458_7331646_6579255_
> n.jpg

Will try and post some of my mates (rubbish) pics later, I'm not sure if she got it but there was another poster round by Maggots with Max Mosely's picture and 'WANTED: For the murder of Formula 1' - Couldn't agree more atm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy