Official Silverstone British Grand Prix ******* SPOILERS********

Posted by Team CLR 
So the F1 circus is off to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone for the 8th race of the season, and the last one at Silverstone before Donnington takes over as the home of the British GP. Weather is expected to be dry, with the highs in the upper teens to low 20's (*C) but the track action will be a lot hotter!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 02:16AM by mortal.
Team CLR schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the F1 circus is off to the British Grand prix
> at Silverstone for the 8th race of the season, and
> the last one at Silverstone before Brands Hatch
> takes over as the home of the British GP. Weather
> is expected to be dry, with the highs in the upper
> teens to low 20's (*C) but the track action will
> be a lot hotter!

Brands Hatch? You sure? ;)
What have I got wrong there?

Missing the obligatory track map maybe? How about a pic of Donnington, no wait, a bit too early. ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 02:51PM by mortal.
Team CLR schreef:
> What have I got wrong there?

It's going to Donington ;)
Think Coulthard can make it two in a row?

Something tells me yeah

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Post corrected, with Donnington, thanks Nick and Mortal!

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Think Coulthard can make it two in a row?
>
> Something tells me yeah

well if Webber or Vettel did get sick or injured, i would be very surprised if they didn't ask Coulthard before Hartley. after that, who knows ;)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 03:01PM by SchueyFan.
It's Donington by the way, just two 'n's, not three. ;-)

Catch your British GP while you can before F1 replaces it with Western Sahara, or some such likely venue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 03:39PM by The Lopper.
Brawn GP should win this one by a mile - assuming, of course, a trouble-free weekend for them. And come on Rubens, do a repeat of your 2003 drive!
RedBull should be next, then Toyota and Ferrari(not necessarily in that order).
Stating the obvious maybe, but hey.

SchueyFan Wrote:
> Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Think Coulthard can make it two in a row?
> >
> > Something tells me yeah
>
> well if Webber or Vettel did get sick or injured,
> i would be very surprised if they didn't ask
> Coulthard before Hartley. after that, who knows ;)

Hartley is the official reserve driver as of the Spanish GP. So he'd be asked first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 03:53PM by EC83.
I can see Ferrari being strong here!

Hopefully an all out Ferrari v's RedBull v's Brawn v's Toyota!

I reckon they should all be pretty close! Hopefully Ferrari wont cock up again and could maybe give some fight.

btw, I suppose you all have watched the BBC Classic F1 races...

Something like, "Piquet off! Nelson Piquet off! Its starting to become abit of a habbit now isnt it"

Haha. Like Father like Son!

Also on the classic F1 races, the 1987 one, with the Mansell win after closing down Piquet. I thought Brawn had a dominant car but that Williams that race was in a different league!!! Not sure about the rest of the season but just made the others look like they were standing still! At the start the way they went past Prost was stupid lol! Not sure if it were boost pressure, but it looked like he was just sitting there adn they came flying past!

edit, and of course Rubens for the win! I would prefer a Jenson home win, but more so I think this season needs Rubens to win otherwise I cant see Rubens getting the better of Jenson on pace anywhere else unless he gets this confidence boost.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 03:53PM by chet.
EC83 Wrote:
> Hartley is the official reserve driver as of the
> Spanish GP. So he'd be asked first.

i know, but i think hartley would be completely out of his depth, and it wouldn't help him much in the future going round slowly, probably close to last considering the close field. this is one of the biggest problems of having absolutely zero testing. giving coulthard a home finale would certainly be tempting for the team, and i wouldn't be surprised at all if he brought it home in the points.

X (@ed24f1)
Becketts is just fantastic, my fav of all corners in calender when playing rF :)
Something like, "Piquet off! Nelson Piquet off! Its starting to become abit of a habbit now isnt it"

Haha. Like Father like Son!

[OT rant]
Piquet Sr was the most overrated driver of his era IMO, and he overachieved massively for the amount of talent he had as a driver(winning as many titles as Senna, for example). He crashed a lot and made a lot of mistakes, and if the car wasn't competitive he was just generally garbage. He did have a knack of being in the right car at the right time and the right place at the right time, and it was mainly through this that he won his Championships, but he was as lucky as he was good - and I don't mean the kind of luck you make yourself.[/OT rant]

As for the 1987 British GP, the Honda turbo cars were in a different class to everybody else, especially the Williams of course. It spoke volumes for Prost's drive that day that he was running in amongst or ahead of the Lotuses till his engine blew. The difference in speed between the frontrunners and the "atmo" class cars was so striking, it was like the two didn't belong in the same race. On one lap Mansell weaved his way past the two Tyrrells on the Hangar straight like they were buses or something. The moment of the race was(of course) Nigel's move on Piquet for the lead, but just as impressive for me was Nigel's charge to catch Piquet after his tyre change(Yes, I'm really not much of a Piquet Sr fan). One of the all-time great recovery charges.

Should be a good weekend hopefully although I'm only going for the Friday. Was originally going to go with the girlfriend but by the time she'd made her mind up, the Sunday tickets had sold out, typical indecisive females! ;) So we got Friday tickets instead. Then she finds out she has an exam on the same day haha, not meant to be! Luckily I found a mate who wanted to go. Just gonna go and pick him up from Warrington Central in about an hour (coming in from Manchester) then drive down to our hotel near the track, cannot wait! :D

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Nice mate, I went for the race last year, was amazing :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Anyone know what the weather might be doing? It'd be great if we got a few strategically-timed showers ;)

Autosport says showers Friday and Saturday, and partly cloudy on Sunday.

X (@ed24f1)
Oh well then, maybe we might get a rain-hit quali at least.

I remember in 2004 when everyone tried to go as slow as possible at the end of their Q1 laps in an attempt to get an early slot in Q2 because rain was expected, and then the rain never even came. Genius.

F1.com is saying cloudy, but dry for the whole weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy