2010 Driver Grid *your predictions*

Posted by Vandusk 
Re: 2010 Driver Grid *your predictions*
Date: July 21, 2009 06:31PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Ok, so decided to put my picks! As I said before, no idea who some of the lower formula guys are so I'll pretend they don't exist :P.

Brawn Mercedes
#1 Jenson Button
#2 Bruno Senna

Red Bull Renault
#3 Sebastian Vettel
#4 Mark Webber

Toyota
#5 Timo Glock
#6 Jarno Trulli

Ferrari
#7 Felipe Massa
#8 Kimi Raikkonen

McLaren Mercedes
#9 Lewis Hamilton
#10 Nico Rosberg

Williams Toyota
#11 Rubens Barrichello
#12 Kazuki Nakajima

Renault
#14 Fernando Alonso
#15 Romain Grosjean

BMW Sauber
#16 Robert Kubica
#17 Nick Heidfeld

Toro Rosso Ferrari
#18 Sebastian Buemi
#19 Jaime Alguersuari

Force India Mercedes
#20 Adrian Sutil
#21 Heikki Kovalainen

Campos Cosworth
#22 Nelsinho Piquet
#23 Giorgio Pantano

Manor Cosworth
#24 Pedro De La Rosa
#25 Adam Carroll

USF1 Cosworth
#26 Jacques Villeneuve
#27 Alexander Wurz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 07:47PM by Guimengo.
Date: July 23, 2009 04:39PM
Posted by: The Lopper
[f1.gpupdate.net]

Webber's definitely at RBR.
Date: July 23, 2009 05:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
no surprise there.

however, he was trying to get a 2 year deal i believe, and only seems to have got a 1 year deal, probably with an option for 2011.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 24, 2009 09:26PM
Posted by: Red Sam
Autosport are suggesting that de la Rosa will be at Campos next year, having asked to be released by McLaren.

3 Spaniards next year?

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 24, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: chet
Wow, has there there ever been that many at one time?

Alot of rumours about JV and/or Wurz to USF1. JV and Wurz lineup would be awesome imo. To many I guess not but anything to have Jacques back, a real RACING driver!!!

[news.bbc.co.uk]

His final comments about where they expect the car and team is quite funny. The words, big sweet spot, balance, reliable and quick enough to score points. Im sorry but optimism is a good thing, but until a car hits track the computer will not tell them whether their car has a big sweet spot, or if its reliable or even its well balanced! I still am very unsure about this whole thing, if they have two cars at Melbourne and are able to match the other new teams then I will eat my words, and i'd love to be proven wrong about USF1. I like the idea, F1 needs the US market and a team will surley help matters!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 25, 2009 12:02PM
Wurz is too old i think, however he would be a great tester for the team over the off-season.

If they want experience, they should go Sato, Klien, Liuzzi etc. instead of Wurz i think.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 27, 2009 03:50AM
Posted by: Frantic
It would be nice getting JV in the car #27, the number that Gilles used to have in his Ferrari

Date: July 27, 2009 06:58PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I don't doubt USF1 will try to snatch Wurz, Peter Windsor really likes him.
Date: July 27, 2009 07:00PM
Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be nice getting JV in the car #27, the
> number that Gilles used to have in his Ferrari

yes, but there is no guarantee that USF1 will be in the 13th slot, or that JV will be at the team at all of course ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 29, 2009 04:18PM
the exit of BMW certainly makes the 2010 driver market even more fascinating!

should Peter Sauber or Mario Theissen do a Brawn like takeover of the team, i could imagine Heidfeld remaining, but i doubt Kubica will stay with them. But where could he go? Ferrari and Red Bull are taken, Renault and Toyota have less than secure futures in the sport and Brawn isn't as appealing any more with supposed funding problems. That doesn't leave too much. McLaren is an option, but he might find it hard to get ahead of Hamilton in the team hierarchy. Apart from that, i think Williams could be his best option, as they seem to be improving every year, and with smaller budgets being phased in - and seemingly a very secure future - they could improve even further.

But that could all depend on Rosberg. Now one of his major options is gone, he is more likely to stay at Williams, although McLaren and Brawn would still be options - but the aforementioned problems with these drives could influence his decision.

A Rosberg and Kubica partnership at Williams would certainly be one of the better pairings in the field, but there are still a lot of variables to sort out. Money would be an issue, as well as whether Toyota and Renault remain on the grid next year.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 29, 2009 05:23PM
Posted by: gav
I've no doubt in my mind that Kubica will be at Renault, replacing Alonso.

Renault were going to be scrabbling around desperately trying to find a star driver to replace Alonso... and I'm struggling to think of anyone else who'd be available.

All assuming that Alonso heads to Ferrari at some point, but I think most of us think that's a given now.

I think they'll be trying to at least secure him before the end of the year, but I can see sense in Alonso heading to Ferrari now if Renault can get Kubica in ASAP.

Williams couldn't afford both Rosberg and Kubica... I'm not sure they could afford Kubica by himself to be honest.
Date: July 29, 2009 05:54PM
Posted by: Jackal
gav schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Williams couldn't afford both Rosberg and
> Kubica...

Especially as Toyota engines would be much more expensive if Williams dumped Nakajima.
Date: July 30, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: dierome
Kubica to Renault seems likely (assuming they'll stay in F1)....After all, Kubica was a Formula Renault (a.k.a. World Series by Renault) champion and had a test drive for the team back in late 2005.... In my opinion, it would be a great replacement for Ferrari bound Alonso...
Date: July 30, 2009 08:27PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I still don't believe we will see Alonso at Ferrari 2010 unless we have 3rd cars in F1 but 2011 could be possible. Kimi today said he for sure will drive Ferrari next season and after that we will see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2009 08:28PM by vesuvius.
Date: July 31, 2009 04:25AM
Posted by: NeoLiot
Red Bull Mercedes
#1 Mark Webber
#2 Sebastian Vettel

Brawn Cosworth
#3 Jenson Button
#4 Bruno Senna

Ferrari
#5 Felipe Massa
#6 Kimi Raikkonen

McLaren Mercedes
#7 Lewis Hamilton
#8 Nico Rosberg

Toyota
#9 Jarno Trulli
#10 Timo Glock

Renault
#11 Fernando Alonso
#12 Romain Grosjean

Williams Toyota
#14 Kazuki Nakajima
#15 Nico Hulkenberg

Toro Rosso Renault
#16 Sebastien Buemi
#17 Jaime Alguersuari

Force India Mercedes
#18 Giancarlo Fisichella
#19 Bertrand Baguette

Campos Cosworth
#20 Pedro de la Rosa
#21 Lucas di Grassi

Manor Cosworth
#22 Robert Kubica
#23 Adrian Sutil

US F1 Cosworth
#24 Rubens Barrichello
#25 Marco Andretti

Sauber Cosworth
#26 Nick Heidfeld
#27 Heikki Kovalainen

-------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 04:26AM by NeoLiot.
Date: July 31, 2009 10:52AM
Posted by: dierome
Who's Bertrand Baguette???
Date: July 31, 2009 11:04AM
The guy with potentially the best name in F1 since Scott Speed. :D

Have to admit I'd never heard of him either. Apparently he's driven various Renault formula cars for the past half a decade or so, and World Series by Renault for the past 3. None with any real success, though he has won 3 races.

Gotta love Wikipedia.

/me goes to edit it to give him a moustache and say he drove as a stunt driver in the original Italian Job

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 11:04AM by gav.
Date: July 31, 2009 12:28PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Somebody's already got the jump on you and put up photos which seem to suggest that he IS Jean Alesi.
Date: July 31, 2009 12:57PM
@#$%& hell, you're right.

Somehow I doubt I'll have a new hero though. :P
Date: July 31, 2009 03:42PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
Baguette is leading World Series and probably will be champion... he races for Draco Racing, which has some kind of partnership with Force India...

-------------------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy