2010 Driver Grid *your predictions*

Posted by Vandusk 
Re: 2010 Driver Grid *your predictions*
Date: June 12, 2009 10:22PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Well in fairness neither of the Beamers have been good. The car appears bloody awful and I reckon Heidfeld's shading it against Kubica this year (Heidfeld did land a podium after all). Kubica scored his first points in Turkey though, be interesting to see if he "pushes on" to use a dearly-held Legard expression.
Date: June 12, 2009 10:45PM
Posted by: EC83
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would not replace Webber with Heidfeld to be
> honest. Webber is doing a very good job this year
> TBH.

Agreed. Webber is doing a great job this season, and he's showing the kind of form I thought he was capable of to begin with. It would be daft of RedBull to replace him.
And while Heidfeld is a solid driver, he doesn't have Webber's raw ability IMO.

Date: June 12, 2009 11:43PM
Posted by: danm
bmw and rosberg would have been good, but their car this year might have changed all that.

i can see him partnering jenson, oh how awesome to see, plus it'd satisfy mercedes' ideal of a german in their car.

either that, or rosberg to mclaren, and kubica to brawn.

rubens needs to retire this year, he isnt shining like he could, sadly.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 13, 2009 12:14AM
I don't want to see Rubens retire at the end of this year, but I agree, he's not taking the fight to Jenson like he should, and this might prompt him to decide to step down.
If Rubens does retire, it would be great if Brawn GP gave Bruno Senna his seat. Once he's had a proper winter of testing he should be fully up to speed, he's been linked to Brawn GP already of course, and JB would be a great barometer to measure his ability against.
Jeez, the silly season's starting again already isn't it?

Date: June 13, 2009 05:13AM
Posted by: Guimengo
JV would be a waste of space, even more so than Heidfeld, Fisichella... he lost it very early 2003.
Date: June 13, 2009 07:09AM
Jacques has the talent, but he's too old and too long out of practise for any team bosses to seriously consider him.

Date: June 13, 2009 07:11AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
My guts telling me that Fernando Alonso will wear a Red Suit with his red helmet, next year!. And i bet Nico rosberg will be on macca next year, as Haug did express interest on him. and warned heikki to perfom to keep his seat. And i do still believe flavio will retain nelsion piquet as he have talks with piquet's father. as for rubens, i think he may not be on the seat next year for Brawn GP. if he keeps his old attitude that he developed on his old ferrari team b4, both in physical & mental awareness

Date: June 13, 2009 10:40AM
Posted by: super__alonso
If de la Rosa or Gene are in it then I'll be pretty annoyed as they are both old and crap.
Date: June 13, 2009 12:46PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
EC83 Wrote:
> I don't want to see Rubens retire at the end of
> this year, but I agree, he's not taking the fight
> to Jenson like he should, and this might prompt
> him to decide to step down.

but does Ross Brawn want someone taking the fight to Jenson?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 13, 2009 01:28PM
Posted by: chet
SchueyFan Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't want to see Rubens retire at the end of
> > this year, but I agree, he's not taking the
> fight
> > to Jenson like he should, and this might prompt
> > him to decide to step down.
>
>
> but does Ross Brawn want someone taking the fight
> to Jenson?

He doesnt need anyone to take the fight to Jenson.

He needs a driver who can finish. Whether that be first or second to Jenson is not important.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 18, 2009 09:02AM
Posted by: Ali
Don't ignore the possibility of Alonso to Brawn if Rubens retires (or continues driving like he is). Ross Brawn always wanted Alonso and now he has good arguments to offer him something really good.

But anyway, this can be the more shocking change in F1 in history with plenty of new trams going in, FOTA teams almost out...so who knows...
Date: June 19, 2009 04:20PM
Posted by: MrMan
Seems the best place to post this; Buemi's female cousin is hoping for an F1 test with Campos for next season, hoping for a seat on the grid.

[en.f1-live.com]

Date: June 19, 2009 06:59PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Maybe our hopes were not in vain - Jaqcues Villeneuve back on the F1 grid for 2010?! :)

He is "in talks with several teams" and next year "definitely wants to be back in a single seater".

[en.f1-live.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: June 19, 2009 10:39PM
Since his album only sold something like 132 copies, no doubt he's keen to give racing another shot.

And if F1 - FOTA split happens, Villeneuve is suddenly a powerful player, no matter how crap he is.
Date: June 19, 2009 10:49PM
Posted by: Frantic
I think with the new rules he can fight like pre 1998. He still got talent, and remember, he is the son of Gilles, and Gilles had a very agressive style, and would Gilles run in the modern F1? (meaning 1998-2008). But with these new cars than tend to oversteer who knows

Date: June 19, 2009 11:04PM
Yeah, but pre-1998 he was in a car that was ridiculously better than the competition. Had Hill been able to start his Williams in 1996, he would probably have had the title sewn up with quite a few races left, and had Hill been retained by Williams in 1997, he probably would have done the same again. And Hill wasn't a great racer. In fairness to Jacques, his assasination of Frentzen in 1997 was impressive, but in hindsight I feel he is probably one of the least deserving champions of all time. From a racing point of view his career really should lie elsewhere in motorsport, but as I say, his name alone will be a big draw to whichever series he would go to. :)
Date: June 20, 2009 03:03AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
maybe Villeneuve could return to Williams! ;)

Nakajima will probably follow Toyota, Rosberg will probably go with FOTA to keep his dream of driving for a big team alive, which leaves Hulkenberg, and who knows - maybe Villeneuve as well! ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 26, 2009 11:28AM
Posted by: Ali
Will the three teams enter F1 anyway despite some of the rules will be kept for the 2010 championship?
Anyway, USF1 was going to be anyway. Marco Andretti maybe? with Danica Patrick (very mediatic one)? Graham Rahal (a youngster)...

Campos (Dallara-Cosworth team) seems to be interested in De la Rosa after Gene said 'no'. Probably plus some other GP2 driver.

Rosberg was rumored many times with McLaren...we'll see. Anyway, both drivers are having a miserable championship and Kovy in not doing any worse than Hamilton I think. The car is not up to the level but still, they seem to be extremely unmotivated.

I think Alonso will go to Ferrari almost for sure. If you search in google "Alonso 2010 Ferrari" you'll find thoiusands of entries of different sources (not only spanih media) saying that both parties have an agreement since Autum 2008 so I don't think all this is only an invention. And Raikkonen is not giving any reason to re-think the decision.
Date: June 26, 2009 03:22PM
Posted by: chet
Rosberg needs to go somewhere else imo. Brawn or Mclaren. Kova needs to go, he has not shown he is good enough for a Mclaren seat imo. he has not pushed Lewis once this year imo. In terms of race pace Lewis has been as ever amazing.

With still a maybe 3 new teams coming in there are 6 spots. Anthony I hope gets a seat and if Jacques does it would be a dream, but an awesome dream? Jenson and Jacques at Brawn :p

But on that, Rubens deserves another year. He has not yet shown any sign of being slower. If however he drops off towards end of the season then Bruno is a must! If he is not at Brawn for '10 i hope another team picks him up!

USF1... well american, does that mean Canada also? brazil?? If they are just on about north america then no doubt they will probably be bottom of the sheets. as of yet there are no decent available drivers are there? patrick would be awesome entertainment but she isnt great, shes average in an average field (bar a few). For good enough for F1 drivers they are gonna have go in for some of the nascar drivers. the way i see it is, the available drivers are either too young, shite, or average. the ones not available are the decent ones!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 26, 2009 03:29PM
I dunno about Kovy. Thought he's done pretty well and shown up Hamilton quite a few times. At certain races, he has the pace to match him, and more, I feel. If anything he needs to leave McLaren for his own sake, because one gets the impression that McLaren don't really give a toss about him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy