2010 Entry List Released

Posted by Trido 
Re: 2010 Entry List Released
Date: June 15, 2009 10:44AM
Posted by: marwood82
on thing that did occur to me over the weekend,

Max says the rules state FOTA have to sign up to allow them to modify the cost cutting plans to something more to their liking.

FOTA have said they won't do that.

but Red Bull, Torro Rosso and Ferrari's entries have been accepted unconditionally.

So are they then able to negiotate changes on FOTA's behalf?

i'm wondering if this gives a bit of room for manouver during the talks this week?
Date: June 15, 2009 10:51AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Presumably Manor got in via Nick Wirth. It helps when you ran a crap F1 team in the middle of the 90s that was linked to the current FIA president. That's about all I can think of other than the fact that they've got a deal with Mercedes, who are one of the few manufacturers who haven't been making big noises about pulling out of late.

I actually hope Toyota and STR pull out next year now. (or, in Toyota's case, the dream scenario would be to have them do a deal to supply Williams and pull their main team.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2009 10:55AM by The Lopper.
Date: June 15, 2009 12:47PM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
I am crossing my fingers that Renault sell there team and it becomes Benetton again.
Date: June 15, 2009 01:06PM
Posted by: jbnd05
That would be epic :). It's such a shame that the FIA only want 26 cars, personally if my racing series could see an influx of new teams in the middle of a deep recession I would welcome them.

Date: June 15, 2009 02:11PM
Posted by: IWE
I guess it wasnt so much about FIA wanting only 26 cars, but FIA wanting to keep some tracks where is no enought space for more than 26 cars.

And I guess we wont see Benetton, but Briatore starts with same letter anyway.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 15, 2009 03:40PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
mclarenaustralia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am crossing my fingers that Renault sell there
> team and it becomes Benetton again.

Someone from Benetton has said that it will never happen. I think I read that in F1-live a few days ago.
Date: June 15, 2009 04:33PM
Posted by: marwood82
Joe_Satriani Wrote:
> mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am crossing my fingers that Renault sell
> there
> > team and it becomes Benetton again.
>
> Someone from Benetton has said that it will never
> happen. I think I read that in F1-live a few days
> ago.

yeah i remember seeing that.

though the flavio buy-out rumours do seem to keep popping up.
Date: June 15, 2009 04:53PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
as for the omition of some of the best prepared teams, i noticed an interesting theory by joe saward that Mosley is just using these four teams (Lola, Prodrive, N.Technology & Epsilon Euskadi) as trumps to be included later on in the dispute.

[joesaward.wordpress.com]

mclarenaustralia Wrote:
> I am crossing my fingers that Renault sell there
> team and it becomes Benetton again.

i wouldn't get your hopes up

[en.f1-live.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 19, 2009 12:46PM
Posted by: The Lopper
[f1.gpupdate.net]

Lola are gone, it seems. :( Prodrive now have to be in prime position to take anyone else place, once all this upheavalness cools down.
Date: June 19, 2009 04:54PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
considering they seem to have put a lot of effort in so far, i wouldn't be surprised if they are requested to come back by the FIA.

what could make it difficult for them is the reasons that N.Technology pulled out, which are, according to Autosport, that they "no longer wants to be involved in a sport without the major manufacturers." this could be problematic if more of the new entrants have this viewpoint.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: July 13, 2009 08:44AM
Posted by: smorr
Who cares?

Theres a US Team now! ;)

Now, can we have our race back now? PLEASEEEEE?

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: July 13, 2009 11:00AM
Posted by: Nickv
No, because it stinks ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy