2010 Entry List Released

Posted by Trido 
2010 Entry List Released
Date: June 12, 2009 12:05PM
Posted by: Trido
[www.fia.com]

Seems like the 5 teams have a week to give in I guess? And no Prodrive. That surprises me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 12:06PM by Trido.
Re: 2010 Entry List Released
Date: June 12, 2009 12:11PM
Posted by: Nickv
Manor? Who the @#$%& are Manor? ;)
Date: June 12, 2009 12:16PM
Posted by: marcl
No Prodrive found that strange, they could have done a good job.

But there could be 2 more spaces anyway if Toyota and Renault pull out.

I bet some teams will be worried about this Ferrari and RBR situation.
Date: June 12, 2009 12:17PM
Posted by: marwood82
they're a F3 outfit involving Nick Wirth

wondering if their inclusion has to do with Cosworth.
i'm sure i heard something about Cosworth needing 3-4 teams to make an engine supply viable.

there was a rumour of a prodrive-mclaren tie up so maybe prodrive weren't included because they intended to use mercedes engines? (random i know but it does seem odd that they aren't there)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 12:19PM by marwood82.
Date: June 12, 2009 12:20PM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
Three new names - and conditions - on 2010 entry list The FIA published the entry list for the 2010 championship on Friday, with three new names - Campos Grand Prix, Team US F1 and Manor Grand Prix - joining the existing 10 Formula One teams.

However, the inclusion of McLaren, BMW Sauber, Renault, Toyota and Brawn is subject to those teams lifting the conditions they placed on their entries by next Friday, June 19.

The FIA statement in full:
2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List

Following the completion of the applications process for teams to compete in the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship, the following teams have been confirmed.

TEAM / CONSTRUCTOR
SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO / FERRARI
SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO / STR TBA
RED BULL RACING / RBR RENAULT
AT&T WILLIAMS / WILLIAMS TOYOTA
FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM / FORCE INDIA MERCEDES
CAMPOS GRAND PRIX / CAMPOS COSWORTH
MANOR GRAND PRIX / MANOR COSWORTH
TEAM US F1 / TEAM US F1 COSWORTH
VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES* / McLAREN MERCEDES
BMW SAUBER F1 TEAM* / BMW SAUBER
RENAULT F1 TEAM* / RENAULT
PANASONIC TOYOTA RACING* / TOYOTA
BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM* / BRAWN TBA

*These five teams have submitted conditional entries.The FIA has invited them to lift those conditions following further discussions to be concluded not later than close of business on Friday 19 June.

The maximum number of cars permitted to enter the 2010 Championship has been increased to 26, two being entered by each competitor. Pending completion of the discussions referred to above, further due diligence is currently taking place on other potential entries.

@topic - WOW!, im suprised PRO DRIVE didn;t even make it to the top 13 list. What the Hex! manor? where that name came from$%#^@

Date: June 12, 2009 12:35PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Manor motorsport have excellent pedigree in the lower formulae, Hamilton raced for them when he was younger, as have many F3 title winners.
Also, no Lola? :(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 12:37PM by salvasirignano.
Date: June 12, 2009 12:41PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Wot, no Lola or Prodrive?

I'm disappointed, although Renault and Toyota could yet be dodge for next season. I'm pretty surprised that Red Bull have stuck it out with supplying two teams.
Date: June 12, 2009 12:46PM
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wot, no Lola or Prodrive?
>
> I'm disappointed, although Renault and Toyota
> could yet be dodge for next season. I'm pretty
> surprised that Red Bull have stuck it out with
> supplying two teams.

maybe, isn't it next year that torro rosso have to build their own car?

one rumour currently doing the rounds is that renault will sell the team to flavio, but they'll continue to supply engines.

so i'd guess for 1 more entry to be freed up toyota would have to cut and run(which as you say is not totally out of the question)

i can see the logic in picking campos and manor as they've got 2 teams who've been around the junior formule for a while and who are used to running racing teams on a much lower budget.

that said, i'm still very suprised that prodrive didn't make it. surely they are the sort of organisation you would want in F1?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 12:50PM by marwood82.
Date: June 12, 2009 12:54PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Yep, I've heard that rumour go round, I think it'd make for a far better Renault team if it happened, so if it does come to pass I wouldn't be complaining.

As for the STR thing, I'm still pretty confused over it. They said at one stage they were definitely selling the team for 2010, and since then there's been pretty much nothing. Maybe they're entering the team for one of the slots next year but plan to sell that slot. With so many teams looking to join it could be a good ploy. But to be honest, I haven't seen anything concrete mentioned at STR for a while now.
Date: June 12, 2009 01:02PM
Posted by: Fincent
Very surprised not to see Prodrive and Lola. Seems that somebody may have something against Dave Richards as this isn't the first time he's failed to get his team into F1. I have a nasty feeling that USF1 is going to fall through, I havent seen anything concrete from them in terms of the car or the staff or even the drivers. If we remember back to the last time we had a brand new team, completely from scratch and not a buy out with last years car already made (Toyota iirc) then they had a test car up and running a whole year before they were due to enter.

I'm not holding my breath for 13 teams next year, to say the least.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: June 12, 2009 01:07PM
Fincent Wrote:
> Very surprised not to see Prodrive and Lola. Seems
> that somebody may have something against Dave
> Richards as this isn't the first time he's failed
> to get his team into F1. I have a nasty feeling
> that USF1 is going to fall through, I havent seen
> anything concrete from them in terms of the car or
> the staff or even the drivers. If we remember back
> to the last time we had a brand new team,
> completely from scratch and not a buy out with
> last years car already made (Toyota iirc) then
> they had a test car up and running a whole year
> before they were due to enter.
>
> I'm not holding my breath for 13 teams next year,
> to say the least.

dunno, the last i heard was that they had the car designed(or at least a first version of it) and were aiming to get it on track by the autum.

i don't think they could say much more until they'd had their entry accepted. maybe we'll here more in the next few weeks?

i hope they make it, the way they intend to go about running an F1 team sounds quite novel. i'm interested to see if it works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 01:08PM by marwood82.
Date: June 12, 2009 01:12PM
Posted by: chet
Toyota were delayed a year because (i think) the other teams protested their V12. Either that or Toyota simply didnt read the rules ;)!

That project had big sponsor backing, and was a big manufacturer. USF1 imo is going so public because they are lacking that one major element, backing! What bugged me abit was thier proof of progression was, 'We have our CAD models done'. And what? There are thousands of people who mock up a CAD model of an F1 car including internals... If USF1 comes to fruition then fair play... as long as we're not reading about or hearing from Peter Windsor everyday! Would be as bad as reading what Flavio has to say!

"We are already designing the main elements of next year's FW32 which will build on the useful step forward taken with the FW31"

Quote from FW on Autosport...

They would have been well into that stage come Australia. These new entries have got a very short time period into which to sort everything out including logistics, finanical backing, infastructure, and people! Then after all that they have got to start designing the damn thing! We assume the entries have been allowed based on financial circumstances adn the above mentioned 'resources' but Max and Bernie seem to defy logic! Can we expect these 3 entries to be on the grid in Aus and be within 3-4seconds of the best?? 3-4seconds is very reasonable given that ForceIndia come Silverstone will be probably less than 2seconds off!

@marwood82 - I thought they said November earliest, if not then December/Janurary?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 01:13PM by chet.
Date: June 12, 2009 01:27PM
Posted by: Team CLR
This is BS, did the FIA hold a lucky draw or something?

Prodrive not being granted entry is absolutely mystifying, I'd like to see what the reasoning was behind these selections.

Date: June 12, 2009 01:29PM
Posted by: MrMan
The Lopper Wrote:
> As for the STR thing, I'm still pretty confused
> over it. They said at one stage they were
> definitely selling the team for 2010, and since
> then there's been pretty much nothing. Maybe
> they're entering the team for one of the slots
> next year but plan to sell that slot. With so many
> teams looking to join it could be a good ploy. But
> to be honest, I haven't seen anything concrete
> mentioned at STR for a while now.

STR now have the facilities to build their own chassis, they did it this year apparently. They don't have a designer (nor the facilities to accomodate a designer, at the moment I'd imagine), but they said they were looking at bringing in someone. Maybe the plan is as you say, enter for next year then sell to one of the fledgling teams who didn't get in.

Also Red Bull's contract with Renault runs out this year, be interesting to see what happens with that. Will Renault still be around as a team or supplier next year or will Red Bull go elsewhere?

Date: June 12, 2009 01:47PM
During the winter I remember hearing about STR with such job opportunities for 'experienced' engineers.

@Team CLR - Nick Wirth, supposedly someone behind Manor is a friend of Max's.

Date: June 12, 2009 01:54PM
chet Wrote:
> @marwood82 - I thought they said November
> earliest, if not then December/Janurary?

come to think of it you could be right on that.

the point i was making is that i'd imagine for the new teams, i doubt they'd be able to give any details of plans or contracts until they had confrimation of their successful entry. anything they had signed would likely be conditional of that. (eg USF1 had to call themselves USGPE until their entry was successful, Cosworth didn't confirm their particpation until this morning etc)

now that process is out of the way, the ball can start rolling.

but i'd get a bit worried if we don't hear anything solid in the next 6-8 weeks.

btw am i right in thinking that between them, Campos and Manor have helped develop the last 3 F1 world champions? (campos with Alonso and Manor with Kimi and Lewis)

Edit:
autosport have a bit more info on the 3 new teams

[www.autosport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 02:38PM by marwood82.
Date: June 12, 2009 02:42PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I'm not surprised about Prodrive and Lola not getting a spot, with whats happened to them in the past maybe the FIA thought not to risk them not entering again.
Date: June 12, 2009 03:02PM
Lola were forced by Mastercard to rush in a season earlier..

and Prodrive? Whats happened in the past, other than the major success with BAR?

Their entry into this season or last (i cant remember) was only invalid because they entered under the conditions of customer cars, and Williams basically said it was not allowed and so Prodrive had to withdraw.

Date: June 12, 2009 04:50PM
Posted by: IWE
Lol funny move from FIA to take joke teams like CAMPOS, MANOR and specially TEAM US F1 instead of big famous names like Lola and Prodive.

Now I hope more than ever that FOTA will say bye bye to F1..

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: June 12, 2009 05:09PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Max has personal interests in having some people he likes having a vote in the FOTA/F1 teams (I say this because I don't know when the 3 new teams will join FOTA). Really surprised with that Manor thing, I had picked Campos (Dallara) and USF1, but not having ProDrive makes me think Max knew Dave Richards would follow the teams and go against him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy