The Turkish Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**

Posted by turkey_machine 
Re: The Turkish Grand Prix Thread **SPOILERS**
Date: June 06, 2009 12:10PM
Posted by: Sapo
Try this:

in combination with this:

Who would care about the bloody race then? ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: June 06, 2009 12:23PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Sapo wins. ;-)
Date: June 06, 2009 12:37PM
Posted by: jbnd05
Nelson on Alonso - "He's Flavio's perfect little son who never moans about anything." Watch out...

Date: June 06, 2009 01:22PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
LOL piquet!!

Date: June 06, 2009 02:13PM
Posted by: chet
Deffo brake failure, rear brakes locked, at first looked abit like an engine seizure, but no. Failure not his fault, for once. Giving the guy credit, both him and Alonso have been off at the same places, dare i say it I do think he has slightly improved. His interview with BBC earlier in the show really did tell. He is not enjoying Renault... Though Piquet is nothing special I feel he has alot more to give. Flavio is draining him and ruining his career. It should happen like that but it does. It happend to Button, Trulli, Fizzy and now Piquet. Piquet should get out asap. He needs a "Richards to Button".

Also, thanks Ross B, Button/Barachello lap 17. Probably Jense and Rubens maybe a lap or two later (or more!!). Great lap from Rubens, out of nowhere! Buttons first sector was poor and cost him. Sadly I do think Vettel will be as heavy if not heavier. Ferrari are probably heavy! Button on the dirty side, I just hope him and Rubens keep it cool into turn 1. Button should tread cautiously. atm he alot to lose compared to Rubens.

edit - saying that, amazing effort from Nando! Best driver on grid. End of.

Heatbreak for Lewis and Mclaren :(. The car all weekend has looked horrible, even worse than the Renault! Also, there has been alot of talk about Glock being on the market next year, he is really really going to need to improve in qualifying!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 02:17PM by chet.
Date: June 06, 2009 02:15PM
Posted by: Slash
what strange force keeps piquet in F1?
Date: June 06, 2009 02:19PM
Posted by: Slash
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, thanks Ross B, Button/Barachello lap 17.
> Probably Jense and Rubens maybe a lap or two later
> (or more!!). Great lap from Rubens, out of
> nowhere! Buttons first sector was poor and cost
> him. Sadly I do think Vettel will be as heavy if
> not heavier. Ferrari are probably heavy! Button on
> the dirty side, I just hope him and Rubens keep it
> cool into turn 1. Button should tread cautiously.
> atm he alot to lose compared to Rubens.

i was thinking the same... Rubens can go out and loose his head in T1

imo Jenson can win, i think the strongest competitor he'll have is Massa., if with a different strategy, but Vettel won't be able to keep the lead
Date: June 06, 2009 02:22PM
Great lap by Vettel, he's had some trouble so far this weekend so its great to see he could get it all together to get pole. Barichello surprised me, he certainly pulled that lap from somewhere as first it looked like he was nowhere. Not so sure about the ferraris, thought they could have been higher so hopefully they have quite abit of fuel and Kimi should launch it into the inside of T1 tomorrow!

Also Rosberg hinting at mclaren, and reports saying he could replace Kovy which is crap seeing as Hamilton looks like the worse driver there atm.

Date: June 06, 2009 02:55PM
Posted by: EC83
Sapo Wrote:
> Who would care about the bloody race then? ;)

That's just unpwnable. Major respect.

Date: June 06, 2009 03:03PM
jbnd05 Wrote:
> Nelson on Alonso - "He's Flavio's perfect little
> son who never moans about anything." Watch out...

Nelson apparently intent on committing career suicide at the moment.
But Chet makes a great point about the "Flavio drain". It must be extremely frustrating being the other driver - and Piquet's attitude is definitely reminding me of Trulli when he fell out with the team.

Date: June 06, 2009 03:17PM
On quali itself - Brilliant lap from Vettel. You could see that one coming from the early stages of Q2 at least. His ability to hold his nerve in a Q3 pressure situation is really outstanding. I feel he's still fuelled a bit lighter than the Brawns though.
Jenson did his usual solid job.
Rubens was great too considering how he seemed to be lacking pace and just pulled one out of the bag.
Trulli looked very impressive earlier on but just seemed to fade.
Ferrari ended up being slower than I'd expected - maybe fuelled heavy?
McLaren - just shocking this weekend. Think Eddie Jordan's comments about that car were pretty much spot on.

Date: June 06, 2009 04:13PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Gotta say I loved the banter between Eddie and DC, with Sam Michael and Flav, was great to watch

On the subject of Briatore, he has been doing it for years, Herbert even in the Benetton years. Just think of all the careers Flav has finished, Berger's, Wurz's, Fisi's, Alesi's, Moreno's, Lehto's. It's gonna happen to Piquet soon enough I think, no offence to the guy as a person, as he came across as a nice bloke in that interview but he just hasn't cut it.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 06, 2009 05:40PM
Posted by: Frantic
Weights

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 649.5
2. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 655.5
3. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 652.5
4. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 656
5. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 652
6. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 658
7. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 654
8. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 644.5
9. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 660
10. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 664
11. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 681.5
12. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 680.4
13. Timo Glock, Toyota, 689
14. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 665
15. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 668.5
16. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 696.5
17. Nelson Piquet, Renault, 689.6
18. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 686.5
19. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 688.5
20. Sebastien Bourdais, Toro Rosso, 701

good job from kimi and jenson

Date: June 06, 2009 05:42PM
Wooo Kimi beat Massa with more fuel!

Date: June 06, 2009 05:58PM
Posted by: chet
Mark and Jense in good places, but then both on dirty side :p.

Let's see how this pans out but should be a close fight between the two teams. We got a race on our hands!

edit - btw. an interesting point is Vettel has not really made good starts this year. Though on pole, and the clean side if he doesnt start well he could fall to either one of the Brawns.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 06:01PM by chet.
Date: June 06, 2009 06:19PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
looking good for webber and kimi! once again, vettel's race will be shot if he loses any positions at the start.

chet Wrote:
> Mark and Jense in good places, but then both on
> dirty side :p.

not sure about that, Webber is quoted as saying his/jenson's side is good. "We’re also on the right-hand side of the grid, which is good." [en.f1-live.com]

of course the left side would give the pole driver the inside run into turn 1.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 06, 2009 06:50PM
Can't wait for this race now, should be an awesome one. Vettel has to take the lead at the start - and hope for no SC during his first stint - if he wants to win this. The Brawns I think will have very strong race pace as usual. Rubens might well get ahead of Jenson at the start, but Jenson should have the more consistent race pace and win out in the end through that. I'm expecting the Ferraris to come into the mix and give Webber and Trulli some headaches later on, but not necessarily the top 3.
I think the BBC guys were right - this should be the closest race all year between the non-KERS crew at the front.

It should ultimately be between the Brawns and Vettel though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 06:54PM by EC83.
Date: June 06, 2009 07:24PM
Posted by: gav
The critical thing is strategy. If Vettel does a 3-stopper with the rest on a 2, how long will the softer option last? It's not going to fall apart like at Melbourne or Shanghai, but it doesn't need to if it ends up half a second slower.

That said, if 3-stops were the way to go, you'd have more of the field on less fuel. It looks like a fairly standard 2-stop race, and if Button gets away in 2nd, he should have the pace to take the lead from Vettel at the first round of stops.

And McLaren clearly aren't expecting any tyre issues this year, fuelling Hamilton up the way they have!
Date: June 06, 2009 07:45PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Webber's performance is so much better when you look at the fuel. His major problem, of course, is that the KERsy Ferraris are right behind him, and if they don't have the pace of the Brawns and Vettel, Webber's race could well be ruined. So you have to say it should be Vettel and Button for victory.

But the major question mark has to be those Ferraris. Do they have the pace to challenge for podiums? Great job again from Kimi

Toyota: At least it's better than Monaco, but Glock's made a mess of quali again. Be interesting to see if they finish close together with Trulli falling back in the race and Tim moving up. Ultimately, it's looking more and more likely that they'll exit F1 without a win to their name.
Date: June 06, 2009 08:07PM
Brilliant lap from Kimi, easy to overlook with the battle for pole going on. To beat Massa in a heavier car at Massa's favourite track will land a big psychological blow too.

I agree about Webber having to get the best start he can and watch for the Ferraris. His race will suffer badly if a fast-starting Kimi ends up ahead of him during the first stint.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy