All FOTA Teams Submit Conditional Entry for 2010

Posted by SchueyFan 
All FOTA Teams Submit Conditional Entry for 2010
Date: May 29, 2009 07:28PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Here is the FOTA Statement:

All FOTA Teams have today submitted conditional entries for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship.

FOTA confirms all its Members’ long-term commitment to be involved in the FIA Formula One World Championship and has unanimously agreed further and significant actions to substantially reduce the costs of competing in the Championship in the next three years, creating a mechanism that will preserve the technological competition and the sporting challenge and, at the same time, facilitate the entry in the F1 Championship for new Teams. These measures are in line with what has been already decided in 2009 within FOTA, achieving important saving on engines and gearboxes.

All FOTA teams have entered the 2010 championship on the basis that:

1) The Concorde Agreement is signed by all parties before 12th June 2009, after which all FOTA teams will commit to competing in Formula One until 2012. The renewal of the Concorde Agreement will provide security for the future of the sport by binding all parties in a formal relationship that will ensure stability via sound governance.

2) The basis of the 2010 regulations will be the current 2009 regulations, amended in accordance with proposals that FOTA has submitted to the FIA.

All FOTA teams’ entries for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship have been submitted today on the understanding that (a) all FOTA teams will be permitted to compete during the 2010 Formula One Season on an identical regulatory basis and (b) that they may only be accepted as a whole.

All FOTA teams now look forward with optimism to collaborating proactively and productively with the FIA, with a view to establishing a solid foundation on which the future of a healthy and successful Formula One can be built, providing lasting stability and sound governance.

And an interview with FOTA Vice Chairman John Howett: [www.autosport.com]

---------

A very interesting development, and a good move by FOTA, because if the conditions aren't met, F1 will lose 9 teams at once, which would be very hard to come back from. its interesting also that mclaren and brawn are part of this.

X (@ed24f1)
good

5 new teams confirmed entry

USF1, Campos, Lola, Prodrive and Litespeed

USf1 and Litespeed would use cosworth engines
Prodrive would use Aston Martin engines?

i think prodrive will use cosworth engines, branded as aston martin.

X (@ed24f1)
Prodrive. I'll believe that when I see it on the grid.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: All FOTA Teams Submit Conditional Entry for 2010
Date: May 29, 2009 08:52PM
Posted by: gav
It's probably the most likely to be there. Only Lola can really rival them currently - the rest are all just customers of others.

Are the Cosworths still happening then? Are they going to be subject to the rev limit, or the previous intention of giving them more freedom?
Apparently Epsilon Euskadi have submitted an entry, too.

I think that, if only three teams can be picked, it'll be Prodrive, because they were accepted before now, Lola, due to their history, and USF1, as they can break into the large market that is the USA.

EDIT: I know it's very unlikely, but with so many teams wanting to participate, a return to pre-qualifying would be fantastic :D it would make the sport feel much more active. Come on, Max, you know you want to!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2009 09:21PM by flat tyre.
Would be cool if prodrive get in, their factory is only down the road for me and it would be great for my placement year to be working for a f1 team!

iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Prodrive. I'll believe that when I see it on the
> grid.

Prodrive are one of the best motorsport teams...well, ever.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 29, 2009 10:57PM
Posted by: IWE
Amen! :)

Hopefully rumours about their sponsor deals are true:

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 29, 2009 10:59PM
Posted by: Nickv
Hopefully not, it looks dreadful IMO. I'd rather have something with British Racing Green. That looked fabulous on the Jag :D
IWE where's that picture from? Beautiful.

Date: May 30, 2009 12:34AM
superchargednut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IWE where's that picture from? Beautiful.

"[bbctopgear.files.wordpress.com];

Saw it linked somewhere on [www.nogripracing.com] forum.:)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 29, 2009 08:59PM
Posted by: Nickv (IP Logged)

Hopefully not, it looks dreadful IMO. I'd rather have something with British Racing Green. That looked fabulous on the Jag :D

Jaguar never ran BRG. The last good BRG was on the Bentley EXP Speed 8. The Jaguar and Aston Martin DBR9s were too light for true BRG.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Jaguar used British Racing Green in F1 from 2000 - 2004
No, they didn't lol. That was FAR too light for British Racing Green. BRG appears black on TV so they went with a lighter metallic green. *awaits for the ultimate Jaguar fan in the form of Sasjag to confirm*

The original BRG really has been raped in the last decade or so. Now any British name with a green car seems to be "British Racing Green".

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 30, 2009 11:31AM
Yep. The real British Racing Green was run only on first tests before changing it.

According to some rumours from those times they were also thinking to get rid of metallic color, because it was too heavy. In the end appearance was more important than results. ;)

march has also entered!!

[en.f1-live.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 30, 2009 12:41PM
Posted by: chet
Only BRG is on a old mini cooper :D

Just looking at pictures of those Jags... I forgot how stunning they were.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Holy Forti, it's getting crowded down the back now! :O I thought March was completely dead!

So I guess this means STR are back in next year, and the space for new teams is down to three rather than four?
Date: May 30, 2009 01:02PM
Posted by: gav
Teams can still withdraw, Honda style (*cough* Renault Toyota *cough*), but obviously it would be quite a rush to get a whole new team together in that time. Remember back to SA trying to get to Melbourne, and the bits that were falling off when they got there. :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy