Argentina Grand Prix Back?

Posted by Frantic 
Re: Argentina Grand Prix Back?
Date: May 23, 2009 05:41PM
Posted by: NickKK
It's amazing isn't it... it seems Tilke is the only track designer on the planet !

Date: May 23, 2009 06:26PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
very disappointing indeed, there is no way a street track could be better than that track...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 24, 2009 12:52AM
Posted by: EC83
That is bad news about Tilke, no one guy should have that much input into the design of new F1 tracks, even if he was good. That "urban" idea sounds bad, there are awesome permanent tracks in Argentina, like the damn sexy San Luis one. How the hell Bernie can overlook a gorgeous track like that in favour of a Valencia Mk II-type project is just mystifying.

But - whatever the location - please, please, please let F1 come back to Argentina!! As said above, a country with a true F1 history and heritage. I have great memories of the GPs at Buenos Aires in the 1990s!

Date: May 24, 2009 01:53AM
Posted by: J-C-2
Pitty they cant use The Galvez !!.
I was in 96 and 97 their.

I just hope they do a descent job
what ever the outcome is.

Frantic@ 1 hour to go to "Show of F1" in fox sports ;) ;)

Gp4world aka: Jcaranti
Racing Generation: Web Admin
WE OPENED AGAIN, COME AND JOIN US.
Date: May 24, 2009 08:30AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is bad news about Tilke, no one guy should
> have that much input into the design of new F1
> tracks, even if he was good.

yes, that's a good point. i think he has created a couple of decent tracks/upgrades, but no matter how good you are, its hard to come up with something completely different with each new track.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 24, 2009 11:22AM
Posted by: ro4die
a few months i have quoted in my blog [senhordoopala.blogspot.com] was campaigning to take F1 in Potrero de los Funes!
Best Track in the Wolrd!!!

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
Date: May 24, 2009 06:39PM
Posted by: Frantic
Saw the bernies interview, he said he would be glad of have a race in Buenos Aires but there was Mar del Plata, but I dont think it cost too much to repair the Galvez, facilities are moreless ok, thing is to repair the asphalt, and i would be glad of have the old circuit n° 15 like in the seventies, but only with having a GP here again Im happy

Date: May 24, 2009 10:24PM
Frantic@ well said, i thought exactly the same.

Date: May 25, 2009 07:25PM
Posted by: EC83
Resurrecting Autodromo Oscar Galvez would be a good idea. It is "urban" enough, it would cost less to resurface and upgrade it than it would cost to design and build a new one from scratch, and that circuit always seemed to produce great races, despite not looking that impressive on paper.

Plus races there were always on the long side, so in the UK you could sit back and chill out with your tea and a big mug of coffee, knowing there was a nice long evening of F1 ahead. Heaven! :)

Date: May 25, 2009 08:38PM
Posted by: ro4die
Autodromo Oscar Galvez not good!!! Very dull track!!!
Exists in Argentina tracks much more interesting!!!

"Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca"
Date: May 26, 2009 12:25PM
Posted by: The Lopper
San Luis looks amazing, but I hope for it's sake it never gets F1 because F1 would kill it will all the modifications that would have to be made.

As for Tilke, yeah, absolutely every track ahs to be done by him, rumour was he was in Dublin recently looking at options for another street race there for A1GP.

Please no more street races.
Date: May 26, 2009 11:39PM
Tilke was a street circuit in Paris too, so... lets do a circular track around Eiffel tower :@. I mean, stop street circuits, see that in 2008 most fun races was Spa and Interlagos, tracks that hasn´t modified by Tilke, and most boring was Valencia... so, wheres the problem? ITS IN STREET CIRCUITS.
Anyway, its hard to modify San Luis circuit because it is around a lake and it is in a mountain...

Date: May 27, 2009 12:06AM
Posted by: flat tyre
Here's an interesting article that I found. Yes, Tilke might lack imagination, but there are some things that he can't do anything about:

[www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: May 27, 2009 12:21AM
Posted by: gav
Frantic Wrote:
> Tilke was a street circuit in Paris too, so...
> lets do a circular track around Eiffel tower :@. I
> mean, stop street circuits, see that in 2008 most
> fun races was Spa and Interlagos, tracks that
> hasn´t modified by Tilke, and most boring was
> Valencia... so, wheres the problem? ITS IN STREET
> CIRCUITS.

You've deducted that a track where weather hasn't had a chance to play its part is inevitably worse than those where rain has fallen... I don't think the deciding factor is the circuit, location or Tilke...

I won't disagree with your conclusion, but your reasoning is absurd.

\\edit: should I point out that the Singapore GP was also one of the best on the calender?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 12:25AM by gav.
Date: May 27, 2009 12:38AM
Oh yeh, I forgot the rain :)

but in Spa was rain only the only 5 laps, it wasnt?

But there where another good races with sun a lot better than Valencia I think

Regards

Date: May 27, 2009 02:03AM
Posted by: Taamaar
What i like to see 1 race a year or even 2 races a year which 1 or 2 of those races are allocated to the old classic tracks which will be a different classic track or 2 each year

as for street races i used to love watching those races ie Pheonix and Detriot

plus the challange of staying on the track driving at speed and as fast as u can go round corners without hiting the barriers is immense when driving on the track in a f1 simulation game

give 1 example the original geof crammond f1 at the first race which was pheonix grand prix i think the 5th corner after the sweeping long right hander i got the car set up so i could full throttle round the 5th corner which was a left 90 degree flat out heh brings back memories lol

any way back to topic yes bring back the argentine gp plus what i said at first allocate 1 or 2 races a year to the old clasic tracks would love to see watkins glen again lol
Date: June 11, 2009 04:12PM
Posted by: airjimracing
I know that this must sound ludicrous to most Argentinians and F1 fans alike, but has anybody considereded "PUNTA DEL ESTE" in Uruguay???

It's by far one of the most glamorous and prestigious beach resort in South America. Ideal for tourists that can afford the cost of a G.P. weekend.

Many Argentinians have been quoted saying...

"If you're poor, you go to Miami or Mar del Plata, but if you can afford it... you go to Punta del Este"

No offence to my neighbours, but Punta is in another category and if you have visited it before I'm sure you'd all agree.

I'm sure most TC2000 fans know what I'm talking about.

Take a peek...

(last years race)

Norberto Fontana used to race for Sauber with Johnny Herbert back in 97' & the champ of this category, Jose Maria "Pechito" Lopez tested for Renault F1 last year. However they've preffered Piquet instead.

(images from a fan)

(onboard)

Let me know what you think... Especially Jcaranti...

Do you think us "Rioplatenses" (Argentina & Uruguay) can work together?

What would Sergio Massa think? I'm sure the Conrad would like to add to it's Pokerstars tournament...

Cheers - Saludos
Date: June 11, 2009 05:33PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Well Punta del Este is mostly made up of Argentines anyway, would be a win-win for both countries ;)
Date: June 12, 2009 07:56AM
airjimracing Wrote:
> Let me know what you think... Especially
> Jcaranti...

Well you got my attention and i live around 800km away of the cost
in Argentina jeje.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy