Paul Ricard as French GP again?

Posted by Joe_Satriani 
Paul Ricard as French GP again?
Date: May 22, 2009 07:18PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
[en.f1-live.com]

This sounds cool :) I would guess many here would support that.
Re: Paul Ricard as French GP again?
Date: May 22, 2009 08:13PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i think this would be a great solution. i think there should be a french gp on the calendar, and i would definitely prefer to go here than another street track or tilke track. with bernie having a close association with the track, this should also greatly assist any potential bid. also, they could have the race ready for next year without too much trouble probably.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 22, 2009 08:21PM
Posted by: PIQUETFAN
I hope it in the old layout.
Date: May 22, 2009 08:27PM
Posted by: IWE
PIQUETFAN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hope it in the old layout.

Atleast its better than Magny Cours no matter wich layout they use.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 22, 2009 11:32PM
Posted by: Frantic
What about LeMans? not the moto gp circuit but the 24 hrs circuit :)

Date: May 23, 2009 12:09AM
Posted by: IWE
Sure, if you have a time machine so we can return to 70s (for less crazy rules) or if you find a way to shrink it this way: [tmp.grandprixgames.org]

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: May 23, 2009 12:25AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Wouldn't mind a return to Paul Ricard, although the new proposed Interlagos-lookalike track looks surprisingly good for a new circuit.

[en.wikipedia.org]
Date: May 23, 2009 11:23AM
that track might be good if it has some elevation changes, but i doubt it would.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 23, 2009 11:27AM
Posted by: flat tyre
Flins-Les Mureaux - that does look like a good circuit. It's refreshing to see a modern track with no real hairpins or sharp corners at all. Overtaking might not be that common, but personally I wouldn't care, as the lap itself looks great.

And I guess I'm not the only one who's wondering how they're going to fit all of these new circuits onto the calender? There are so many countries vying for a slot right now, I wonder which ones won't make it, or which existing tracks will get axed to make room for the new ones? But, as long as the great new circuits like Algarve (maybe Flins-Les Mureaux? We'll have to wait and see)make it through, I won't be compaining :)

EDIT: Nice looking scenery, too. I wonder how long it would be before they change the green runoff areas to the dark grey of asphalt...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 11:31AM by flat tyre.
Date: May 23, 2009 11:34AM
yes, it will be hard to fit them all in unfortunately. sooner or later the calendar will probably rise towards 20 again, which will help - but i doubt they will do that at the moment as it is contradictory to cost cutting plans.

One of the Spanish races is the obvious candidate to go from the calendar. I think China also has shown some hesitation about remaining on the calendar long term.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 26, 2009 04:27AM
Posted by: Slash
i think this circuit doesn't looks as it can provide nice racing, it looks rather boring, but again, so does magny
Date: May 26, 2009 10:48AM
I was hoping there'd be elevation changes, but from that flat view that flat tyre posted it looks rather flat. (Lots of flatness there) Other than that it looks like a cool circuit, but hilly would have really made it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2009 10:50AM by The Lopper.
Date: May 26, 2009 01:05PM
Posted by: EC83
Paul Ricard would be a good choice for the GP. And if the track has already been upgraded and spectator facilities built, it sounds ready to go almost immediately.
At the time of the last French GPs there in 1989 and 1990 it was a pretty good track. Hope they can preserve that layout, or even reintroduce the section that was used for F1 before 1986.

Date: May 26, 2009 11:40PM
Posted by: Frantic
Best French Circuit = Clermont-Ferrand

Date: May 27, 2009 12:18AM
Posted by: flat tyre
The Lopper Wrote:
> I was hoping there'd be elevation changes, but
> from that flat view that flat tyre posted it looks
> rather flat. (Lots of flatness there) Other than
> that it looks like a cool circuit, but hilly would
> have really made it.

I wouldn't be so sure... Algarve looks pretty flat from a distance, but we all know what that's like!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: May 27, 2009 12:41AM
Posted by: EC83
Frantic Wrote:
> Best French Circuit = Clermont-Ferrand

+1.
The layout was fantastic!

Date: May 28, 2009 03:56PM
I wouldn't be so sure... Algarve looks pretty flat from a distance, but we all know what that's like!

We'll have to wait and see...but imagine an F1 calendar with both circuits (providing Flins turns out as good as I'm hoping)....slobber!!! One can hope! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy