The Official Spanish Grand Prix 2009 Thread (*spoilers*)

Posted by The Lopper 
Thanks Guys :)

Looks ok, but seems to all of us that the little aero things are creeping in at times. I hope they fix the loop holes for next year
Monil, rather than rushed I think their initial wing solution was the opposite really...

It was almost identical to their test version, it was just highly undeveloped and simple.

I cant help but feel this is the car that should have always debuted in Aus.

The BMW always did look relativley conservative compared to even the ForceIndia! This Barca spec looks alot refined around the front and sidepod area. The mounting's for the rear suspension are quite interesting too!

After reading JB's Q&A on Autosport I am not so confident for this weekend, not so sure for a win. We will see tomorrow how the updates pan out.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
The BMW rear wing looks pretty neat, it actually reminds me of the winglet that the Mclaren had for a few races in 95 on the engine cover, still I don't know how that will help much, I am no aerodynamist but that seems to create a lot of drag and I haven't seen any team fiddle with the rear wing like that. The front wing still looks pretty much the same only the little flaps are new I think and the sidepods are actually similar to the renault ones in my opinion.

Ferrari are being pretty sneaky right now with no photos yet and the ones I have seen of the BGP haven't shown much, at least the sidepods are the same.

I haven't been this exited for a friday since, well, since Australia LOL, but still it will be pretty interesting to see if the order changes and see who goes up and who goes down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 12:18AM by ROBITUSSIN JR..
Speed trap times are pretty ok i think anyway. That winglet doesnt add anything to the frontal area but ofc anything with a pressure differential adds drag. But the drag increase should be minimal if at all really thanks to the revised package. The wing pillars are deffo a copy from Audi :p. Something which you wonder was not done before. Especially in yaw (where the downforce is needed, ie through corners!!!) the wing pillar's can cause quite substantial flow seperation when placed direction on the low-pressure side.

Brawn have bought assyemtrical sidepod inlets. Not sure about the rest though, I imagine front and rear wing changes.

One thing they need to have sorted is the clutch problems they have been having.

I guess with this package that was the first thing they would have fixed though.

It's a long season, and I feel it's only just begining. This will be the real test for Brawn, Redbull nad Toyota. Can they hold of Mclaren and Ferrari? Can BMW join the mix? Renault???

Yeah this season is shaping up to be one where the teams aerodynamist can shine because whoever can find the most out of these new regulations will come out on top.

Well my fav team(Toyota) said they would be bringing aerodinamic updates but on the photos I have seen so far I didn't see anyting new, which just gives me more intrigue :).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 01:06AM by ROBITUSSIN JR..
jeez this motorhome is nearly as bigger as my house......how much it cost?

Barrichello's wearing his old helmet, Button's wearing the day-glo one :) Bit of superstition in both cases methinks :)

Hard to tell anything from Fridays obviously, Massa is fast and Raikk is slow; Ferrari have problems again though with Massa's car. Toyota still look pretty good, major lol at Glock clearing out his sidepods!
Slightly worried Button felt the need to go out on softs in the first session.

Kimi's long run looked impressive aswell... This afternoon will be a better guide. Looking at the Brawn, it's hard to see any changes...? Same with Toyota, other than the new engine cover.

ouch! The BMW looks now more bad as before. Don't like it. =|
The changes Ferrari have made seem to be working so well lol
lol @ kimi's radio msg from the team about lack of kers.

'you don't have to tell me at every corner!'
lmao, Kimi..hilarious!

marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The changes Ferrari have made seem to be working
> so well lol

actually they look quite good, doing long runs.
Piquet off again....

I just hope the Ferraris don't ruin their qualifying by concentrating too much on long runs.

Rofl once more at the Piquet dynasty.
//Edit: and again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 03:13PM by The Lopper.
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Geat circuit guide with video of each corner, an Webber narrated lap of the circuit with live telemetry too
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Slightly worried Button felt the need to go out on
> softs in the first session.
>
> Kimi's long run looked impressive aswell... This
> afternoon will be a better guide. Looking at the
> Brawn, it's hard to see any changes...? Same with
> Toyota, other than the new engine cover.

Toyota had a new front wing, engine cover and also they tried the shark fin like the Red Bull one, they basically used this session to compare the changes as well as extensive tire test not to screw up with the strategy again, so that's why I am not too worried with them being in the back.

For any who cares to see what Trulli and co said.
[www.toyota-f1.com]
Yeah Toyota in the second session were doing their own thing, it's nothing to worry about. BMW on the other hand would want to pull the finger out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2009 06:12PM by The Lopper.
Well I'll give BMW the doubt benefit, it's almost a new chassis so they may need some time to get the set-up right, if they don't get at least one car to Q3 then they will really need to start scanning Albert2 for viruses LOL.
I just saw so photos of the BMW front wing and i thought 'what the hell is going on?' Surely it cant be legal with all these little added things on it. The FIA should enforce this and not allow loopholes, it makes the car look ugly also. the little winglet era produced the ugliest f1 cars, and it seems its already heading back that way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy