The Official Spanish Grand Prix 2009 Thread (*spoilers*)

Posted by The Lopper 
Yeah I agree, I'd like to see Chetson win, er...I mean Jenson. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It looks like Fat Bastard wiped his butt with it
> ;)

It's dead sexy, that's what it is ;-)
Both Ferrari cars will have new aerodynamic parts and it will be called F60B but only Kimi will get new lighter chassis to the barcelona it's said to be 4-6kg lighter than the previous chassis this will surely help Kimi to use ballast to get better balance, Massa will get his lighter chassis to monaco. New aerodynamic parts and lighter chassis is said to be given 0,6-0,8 seconds boost per lap.

Marc Gene did a test last saturday with new chassis and Ferrari were really happy about results. Gene did a massive 450km in straight line test at Vairano.

Raikkonen: "I really liked hearing from the team that the new aerodynamic package's first signs are positive," Raikkonen added. "It will be really interesting taking the car out during Friday's free practice sessions.

"We drove on this track back in March this year, but it's always really difficult to understand from the tests, who's really strong in the field. Furthermore many cars have changed quite a lot since then.

"With the new aerodynamic package we'll have more downforce compared to the first four races, but also almost all of the others will show up with some updates. We'll see who has done better work."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 11:22AM by vesuvius.
I still think the race will be between Brawn, RBR and Toyota.

Yes Ferrari will improve but if the others have Ferrari will still be behind them.

Mclaren I think will look bad at Spain, the car has areo problems and these will show up more here than most tracks.
McLaren have already said as much. They don't expect to do as well as Bahrain due to the nature of the circuit. They are also not bringing a ton of updates like the other teams are.
How can ferrari test, thought in season testing was banned.

It was straight line tests, with I might add some corners even though this counts as the loop back :)

I never really listen when teams say they have found loads of time, I have heard it so much in the past and sometimes changes have made the car slower. Ask Kimi about last year.
I'd want a Brawn white wash this weekend as I'm loving the way Jenson is showing to everyone what he can do if he has the car underneath him. Saying that, I want Rubens to win, because he deserves a win surely now as strategies have hampered him
I think if BGP gets those .6s then they should win easily if not then it will be close between them and Toyota, Red Bull will introduce their big updates in Monaco so for this race I think they will be the clear 3rd fastest team.

As for Ferrari I think they will be up there with Mclaren or maybe a little faster while BMW may get to Renault's level, still I am a little pessimistic with BMW so let's see if all the big talk by them holds true.
0.6 ?? where did you hear that? Its very very unlikley!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
They said they hope to gain between .3s to .6s with the new upgrades; new front wing, sidepods, engine cover and other stuff I don't remember right now.
Mind you I heard about it on other forums but I am sure they had links, I just forgot them.
marcl Wrote:
> It was straight line tests, with I might add some
> corners even though this counts as the loop back
> :)

They can only go around the corners with the pit-lane limiter on, so there's no data at all that they can gain other than what is recorded on the straights.
Yep but when the pit limiter is on the read light flashes, theirs did not.

I dont really care anyway they will learn nothing from them corners.
marcl Wrote:
> Yep but when the pit limiter is on the read light
> flashes, theirs did not.

It was limited in some way, as you could clearly hear it in the video.
an interesting development on the BMW!

X (@ed24f1)
And you thought the diffuser-trio were taking the piss with their interpretation of that raised-central section. :D
BMW have taken the prize for ugliest car of the year.... again :p the new nose looks terrible!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
chet Wrote:
> BMW have taken the prize for ugliest car of the
> year.... again :p the new nose looks terrible!

I have to disagree with the previous statement. I kinda liked last year's aeroy car. Seemed very funky.

This year, hell no. It's just too ugly and seems very rushed. I mean look at the BGP001, you can't even see that that the rear wing is narrow and the front wing is longer. It just looks like a MP4-20.

Any pictures of the new nose?
there you go

Monza972 Wrote:
> Any pictures of the new nose?

Also another shot of the rear winglet thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy