Senna Film

Posted by SchueyFan 
Senna Film
Date: April 29, 2009 04:57PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
"A documentary feature film about the legendary Brazilian racer Ayrton Senna will begin shooting next month, makers Working Title Films have confirmed. Spanning Senna's Formula One career from 1984 to his untimely death a decade later, the film will explore the life and work of the triple world champion, his physical and spiritual achievements on the track, his quest for perfection and the mythical status he has since attained."

[www.formula1.com]

it will be very interesting to see what they come up with. first of all, let's hope they can finish the project, unlike the Villeneuve film which was rumoured for so long but never really got off the ground.

also, it will be good to have a motorsport film in the cinemas, as we haven't had a decent one for a very long time.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2009 04:57PM by SchueyFan.
Re: Senna Film
Date: April 29, 2009 08:07PM
Posted by: Guimengo
No hope of seeing here in the US :(.
Date: April 29, 2009 11:15PM
Posted by: Naboo
Is this to be shown in the cinema or as a TV doc

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: April 30, 2009 02:16AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Would rather watch a docu on Nelson Piquet Sr.

I can't imagine something on Senna being anything but depressing...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: April 30, 2009 05:12AM
Would be nice if they don't focus on him and Williams. What he achieved everywhere else is amazing and I'd love in-depth Toleman/Lotus years, or just a TON of info and details from 1982-1992, like racing opportunities, contract offers and the such. Globo has a neat thing, they're putting stories about Senna; Senna and Ron Dennis flipped a coin to decide if he'd make $500,000 a year more for his salary or not! He lost it but both men were so stubborn that it was the only way to settle that. And also a short story on Senna turning down an offer from Dennis in 1982 or 1983 as he wanted to be guaranteed to be in F1 the following year and Dennis couldn't assure him.
Date: May 01, 2009 07:46AM
Posted by: micky-cannonball
i would rather prefer to see a Schumacher Documentary...

Date: May 02, 2009 06:21AM
Too bad.
Date: May 02, 2009 02:23PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I presume this is going to be a tv documentary, whih is a pity, I hope at some stage they make the Senna film, because the whole story has the makings of an epic.

I just hope they don't paint Alain Prost in a negative light as they generally do in these Senna features.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy