Santander and Ferrari: Spanish bank on the move from McLaren?

Posted by madotter 
There was also rumours that despite Santander joining Ferrari they weren't going to pull out of Mclaren deal, but rebadge it as sponsorship by "Abbey"
Ecclesstone about alonso-Ferrari:[en.f1-live.com]
F1 Chief Executive Ecclestone now says: "They have told me that Alonso hasn't signed anything with Ferrari."

Ecclestone, however, did confirm that the Spanish bank Santander is moving to Ferrari next year.

Referring to Santander chief Emilio Botin, the billionaire said: "A long time ago we talked about it and I said it was logical: Ferrari is red, the same colour as your bank.
"
[en.wikipedia.org]

<< Currently, Santander is a corporate sponsor of the McLaren-Mercedes Formula 1 team[11] and the Copa Libertadores de America.

On the 1st of December 2008, Santander announced that their Formula One sponsorship deal with McLaren will end in 2010, when Santander will become Ferrari's main sponsor. >>
alexf1man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [en.wikipedia.org]
>
> << Currently, Santander is a corporate sponsor of
> the McLaren-Mercedes Formula 1 team[11] and the
> Copa Libertadores de America.
>
> On the 1st of December 2008, Santander announced
> that their Formula One sponsorship deal with
> McLaren will end in 2010, when Santander will
> become Ferrari's main sponsor. >>

i think that is wrong, i don't remember any formal announcement at all, only rumours.

i did a google news search of that date, and there was nothing either...

X (@ed24f1)
So wait, Ferrari's main sponsor is going to be Santander. Where does Phillip Morris' Marlboro lie then?
nothing is confirmed yet.

the Marlboro deal goes until 2011 at least.

X (@ed24f1)
Hold on, 'spark gone out'? Kimi has been driving better than Massa this year, so far.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy