Lotus F1

Posted by chet 
Re: Lotus F1
Date: April 21, 2009 02:33AM
Posted by: sasjag
lol, proton

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 22, 2009 05:35PM
Posted by: The Lopper
[f1.gpupdate.net]

Lola is considering its options over a possible return to Formula One as early as next season.

I rock. I actually rock. ;)

Chet hardly got the names mixed up?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 06:59PM by The Lopper.
Date: April 22, 2009 06:47PM
Posted by: kubica2
this 'chet' guy is full of 'sh**' why are people in this forum giving him the time of day with responding to his worthless claim? crap... i just did the same thing! well anyway, i trust the lola story better then this made up crap.
Date: April 22, 2009 06:52PM
Posted by: J i m
Well Lola are still a chassis manfacturere and a bloody good one at that.

Chet's rumours were random musings made out of something significantly less substantial than nothing.

"sourced from a friend of a source"

That's a bit like say your dad's mate's wife's son's etc etc... you get the picture.
Date: April 22, 2009 07:04PM
Posted by: chet
Oh, I fully agree and I dont expect anyone to believe my rumour. I mean I wouldnt if it were someone else!

I posted because when I heard the news it came as much a suprise to me as im sure it has to you (whether you believe it or not). Lol, lopper, this weekend I will hopefully get clarification on the names, whether he meant Lotus or Lola. He is not the keen F1 viewer we are, but all at once was in there with the big boys (Bernie and FOM) evaluating a job.

this 'chet' guy is full of 'sh**'

lol! I am not asking you, or anyone to believe it, I am not forcing anything down your's or anyones throat. I was simply posting a story, quite possibly true, maybe not or even simple a rumour.

If you want to see a crap post look at yours.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 22, 2009 09:25PM
Lola's an interesting one for me, because it's owned by an Irishman, Martin Birrane (also owns Mondello Park). Lola stopped doing A1GP for this season, which would have been their premier open-wheeled category but Birrane is still part owner of Team Ireland in the series. At Team Ireland you have a whole bunch of ex-Jordan/ex-Jag staff (Mark Gallagher is Team Principal), as well as Team Director Dave Kennedy, who organised Mazda when they won Le Mans. Maybe throw in Eddie Jordan, making the odd-noise about returning to F1, swore he'd never commentate, needed to get a clean break from F1, but look who pitched up at the Beeb this year.

Not saying that Lola F1, if it does happen, is going to be over-run by Irishmen, indeed it's most unlikely, but the potential is there to make my dreams come true! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 09:26PM by The Lopper.
Date: April 22, 2009 09:40PM
It could be good.

Lola are not a bad company at all and really made a mess for nothing in 1997. Though I guess it could be said we can blame mastercard for that failure.

Date: April 23, 2009 02:05AM
Posted by: danm
True, theres F1 and then ther'es Failure.

For everything else, theres MasterCard.

Oh, and then there's Piquet.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 23, 2009 02:23AM
[www.autosport.com]

The letter also reveals that the FIA intends to grant three new teams a place on the 2010 grid. Both Lola, which today announced that it is evaluating an F1 entry, and USF1 are among the teams who are likely to be in contention for the available slots.

3 teams, aswell as Lola and USGP ;-)!

Date: April 23, 2009 05:05AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
no, its 3 in total ;)

however, more interestingly is that apparently 8 new teams have started discussions over the standard engine for next year.

[www.autosport.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 25, 2009 02:14PM
At the moment it seems that Lola, Lotus, USGPE and Aston Martin/Prodrive are all considering it. There are a further 4 teams apparently in discussion with Cosworth. At the moment we have 20 cars, but that will become 18 when STR go. Be interesting to see who buys them up. Bernie wants 26 although atm there is just room for 24. Also announced recently, Mosley has taken driver salaries out of the budget caps and they're looking at it closely to make it as feasible as possible. F1 could be even more unrecognisable next year!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 05:40PM by The Lopper.
Date: April 25, 2009 04:19PM
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> when STR go.

Red Bull might eventually change their minds with the cost cutting initiatives, but it will depend on the customer car issue (has that been finalised yet?)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 25, 2009 04:49PM
I thought they had settled on it that customer cars would be outlawed, Red Bull put STR up for sale a while back but there's been no news on that. Now as I look for a link to confirm the rule, it's proving difficult. Perhaps they haven't finalised it.

Rofl at dan up above btw!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 05:35PM by The Lopper.
Date: April 25, 2009 07:00PM
Posted by: Vandusk
Epsilon-Euskadi is also interested to start with a own team next year. (Motorsport-Total did release yesterday a exclusive report)
Date: April 25, 2009 07:45PM
a few months ago they were supposed to be sharing a factory with USGPE for next year, so maybe they caught the F1 fever from that ;)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 25, 2009 08:20PM
Posted by: gin
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> At the moment we have 20
> cars, but that will become 18 when STR go.

That doesnt make any sense, surely if someone buys them there still going to be the same number of cars just different team name?

Date: April 25, 2009 08:35PM
Posted by: gav
What's to say someone will buy them?

You have to assume that there's little incentive. They'll have massively scaled back manufacturing facilities since the Red Bull takeover and have little-to-no design facilities (which weren't even average before the takeover anyway) and presumably no design staff.

In terms of teams to buy it's the least attractive one on the grid, by a long, long way.

If they could sell their entry to the 2010 championship (which Brawn couldn't do) it will make up for a lot of that, but otherwise you'd be almost as good starting from scratch.
Date: April 25, 2009 09:17PM
Yep, as gav is saying there isn't a whole lot to gain from buying them. They're basically run off Red Bull and ex-Minardi assets, still running in Faenza I believe, so you're not actually buying much.

Also it's to help show the numbers; of this years 10 teams, 9 would start next year; a team taking over STR would still be a new team and one of the 4 new teams to make up the 13 teams/26 cars that Bernie's planning for 2010.
Date: April 25, 2009 09:38PM
Posted by: Frantic
from 20 to 26... it would mean 6 new drivers arriving unless some ex F1 driver (like Giorgio Pantano) gets the seat... When was the last time we had 6 new drivers in a season?

Date: April 25, 2009 10:56PM
Posted by: gav
Without checking, probably 94 (Larrousse and Lotus changing drivers depending on who showed them the biggest cheque) or 95 (Pacific and Minardi seemed to go through them for fun).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy