Lotus F1

Posted by chet 
Lotus F1
Date: April 19, 2009 03:21PM
Posted by: chet
And Bruno Senna for 2010.

I wish I could confirm with a source, but it comes to me from power of mouth.

But it will not be Lotus as before ;-), all I can say is they will not exactly be the constructor! Im not sure I could explain further details because it was a deal struck just before the ChineseGP weekend andI dont think I could really reveal any more.

The Bruno Senna is not a done deal, it was an assumption made by me knowing a few other things.

Like I said, I can not confirm with a source, and I have no idea when this will be announced, but I will not expect it any time soon. They are signed up for the '10 grid though.

With USF1 we have 24cars now. Bernies 26 does not sound bad, however I do believe the limit is 24.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Re: Lotus F1
Date: April 19, 2009 03:24PM
Posted by: antihero
Ok then

Bring back the racing
Date: April 19, 2009 03:50PM
Posted by: Vandusk
Lotus F1?

Would be a epic comeback! =)
Date: April 19, 2009 04:19PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And Bruno Senna for 2010.
>
> I wish I could confirm with a source, but it comes
> to me from power of mouth.
>
> But it will not be Lotus as before ;-), all I can
> say is they will not exactly be the constructor!
> Im not sure I could explain further details
> because it was a deal struck just before the
> ChineseGP weekend andI dont think I could really
> reveal any more.
>
> The Bruno Senna is not a done deal, it was an
> assumption made by me knowing a few other things.
>
> Like I said, I can not confirm with a source, and
> I have no idea when this will be announced, but I
> will not expect it any time soon. They are signed
> up for the '10 grid though.
>
> With USF1 we have 24cars now. Bernies 26 does not
> sound bad, however I do believe the limit is 24.

Chet, this sounds like a late April fools, no?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 19, 2009 06:07PM
Posted by: Fillyourboots
The old rumour was that David Hunt (brother of James) would bring Team Lotus back to F1; in fact the last time I heard it was around the time a Direxiv-backed entry - amongst others - was touted as a future runner (2006-ish?).
Date: April 19, 2009 06:28PM
Posted by: gin
Anthony Davidson has had some interesting meetings this weekend so I hear, maybe it something to do with that or the Renault drive instead of Piquet.

Date: April 19, 2009 06:41PM
Posted by: Monza972
I really want Ant back on the racing scene. If Rubens was to retire, I really really hope they would consider Ant first before all others
Date: April 19, 2009 06:54PM
Posted by: Gord_on_wheels
I hadn't considered it, but Davidson taking Piquet's seat would be a smart move...although with no mid season testing...how much better could he do?

As for Lotus F1? Well, i've just put them into GP3 as the 11th team in my 2003 season.
Date: April 19, 2009 07:15PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Would love to see Lotus, hopefully it's better than 1995 and the Pacific partnership, that was embarrassing

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 19, 2009 07:57PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Hmmm, if Lotus, then why not a Lola...Me smells the return of an Irish team in F1 with Martin Birrane and Eddie Jordan at the helm ;)
Date: April 19, 2009 08:06PM
Posted by: TC
Gord_on_wheels Wrote:
> I hadn't considered it, but Davidson taking
> Piquet's seat would be a smart move...although
> with no mid season testing...how much better could
> he do?

Asking how much better he could do seems rather pointless. How much worse could he do?
Date: April 19, 2009 09:33PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Ant Davidson = VASTLY OVERRATED....;)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 09:34PM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: April 20, 2009 01:26AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
it would be good to have them back, but i'll believe it when i see it.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: April 20, 2009 01:51AM
Posted by: Monza972
i mean he has the technical know how to move the team forward and bag a few points
Date: April 20, 2009 10:51AM
Posted by: senninho
Aside from the obvious question of why a secret industry insider would tell someone who frequents an internet forum, i shall resort to quoting GLP:

Linky or stinky ;)

Date: April 20, 2009 11:32AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
All we need now is Mastercard Lola and Adrian Reynard to stop producing crap and we're back in business.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 20, 2009 11:53AM
Posted by: Fincent
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
> Ant Davidson = VASTLY OVERRATED....;)

Even if that was the case, we're talking about a replacement for Piquet here ;)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: April 20, 2009 03:46PM
Posted by: Naboo
Ant Davidson wasn't that bad, or that good, but he tried very hard to do well
Date: April 20, 2009 08:46PM
Posted by: J i m
So this is nothing more than a random rumour born from speculationg out of thin air.

This is extremely unlikey... and it wouldn't actually be Lotus would it? So what in the heck is the point in calling it Lotus?

What do they want to do... paint the cars BRG with a yellow stripe down the nose, or revive the black and gold JPS colours.

Lotus is best left where it is, in memory.
Date: April 20, 2009 11:13PM
Posted by: chet
It was from a source who was present at the time Bernie signed the allowance for the team to be on the grid for '10. Right before flying to China.

I agree about Lotus though. I am unsure of their involvment and it would be interesting to know exactly what their role would be. The plans are to be able to run to the 30mil budget, Mosley who was not able to attend the meeting (for various reasons) said there were alot of ways to be able to reach that target, and from what ive heard, for the smaller teams it sounds like it could work. Apparently there are alot of areas the teams do spend without the need. Like im sure you all heard the stupid amount of money some teams paid for weather updates, but now there is a system all the teams could use which is £250,000 for the year. The ideas proposed are in way standardizing things. One of them was the use of a single windtunnel amungst some teams.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy