Monaco lap times! Monaco GP *Spoilers!*

Posted by chet 
Re: Monaco lap times! (temporary pin)
Date: May 02, 2009 03:07PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i rarely bet on f1 races, but i do plan to put some cash on webber to win in monaco.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 02, 2009 10:08PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Just been thinking, looking much further ahead, Eau Rouge could be mega if the cars have lost enough downforce to return to the days where only the best can take it flat out. Probably not, but a biggie at Raidillon is certainly a possibility.
Date: May 03, 2009 12:23AM
Posted by: casabonka
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i rarely bet on f1 races, but i do plan to put
> some cash on webber to win in monaco.

I wish I took your advise -
First I lost money on Vettel, Kubica or Kimi winning in Melbourne. The I put money on either Kimi or Felipe winning the WDC! AFTER MELBOURNE!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: May 03, 2009 12:52AM
Posted by: Lex
The Lopper schrieb:
> Eau Rouge could be mega if the cars have lost
> enough downforce to return to the days where only
> the best can take it flat out.

Considering that the cars are lapping faster than last year even with the downforce loss and have the magic double diffuser which gives them an uber downforce increase, I doubt it.

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: May 03, 2009 09:16AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
casabonka Wrote:
> The I put money on either
> Kimi or Felipe winning the WDC! AFTER MELBOURNE!

that's not quite impossible yet, but they will need to make a massive improvement in barcelona.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 04, 2009 02:56AM
Posted by: chet
Didnt want to post another thread but...

That video, to me epitomizes what a driver on top form can do, and the struggle of Formula One, and the whole point of Formula One.

Ive mentioned this video before as one of my favourites but it just amazes more and more how two very different looking cars following different philosophies can reach the same goal so equally.

2003 was one of Ralf's last best years. It's laps like that which justify the spending of millions (I dont mean that litterally, I dont mean its okay to spend, but what I mean is you can see why), because every so often that little bit makes a huge difference. What amazes me more is that its Monaco and if only for one lap, both Kimi and Ralf clearly got the most out of the cars, and track.

Fantastic, if not my favourite pole, it goes down as one of the best in recent years imo and one of the best overal.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 04, 2009 12:17PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Ralf also knew how to get it wrong in Monaco.. [video.asterpix.com]

[Website]
Date: May 06, 2009 10:28PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hahaha, oh Ralf! Ralfarrogant Schumacher! Known to some as Ralfag Schumacher ;)
Date: May 07, 2009 01:22AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Date: May 08, 2009 09:58PM
Posted by: kubica2
trullis 2004 pole was much better than ralf, as was montoyas in 2002, where everone was equal on fuel.
Date: May 08, 2009 10:39PM
Posted by: Joe_Satriani
Raikkonen's 2005 pole was also quite amazing.
Date: May 09, 2009 01:13AM
Posted by: Frantic
Senna´s 88, he was 1 second ahead Prost with the same car

Date: May 09, 2009 12:12PM
Posted by: chet
Gav, I wonder what RedBull are bring to Monaco, because through that final sector they certainly didn't look as confortable as Brawn or Ferrari :p.

Quite anxious now lol!

That just says to me that they're running a bit less wing than everyone else. :P

Ferrari are looking quite handy for a top 5.
I think I read somewhere that all of Brawn's planned updates did not come to Spain, and they have decided to leave the rest for Monaco where RedBull are hoping to bring the double diffuser.

Just thinking more about the upcoming race... It is going to be exciting!

The win is completley open to anyone at Monaco.

A saftey car here and there could see Giancarlo win another race. All I am hoping for is to come out £10 richer :p

Ah it's got to be between Red Bull and Brawn now. Toyota have fallen away and I can't see Ferrari getting everything right in Monte-Carlo the way they're going. Red-Bull have to get their qualifying right to give themselves a chance to win races.

Then again, being Monaco, it really could be anyone's race, especially if it rains.
not sure about Toyota's pace. i've got a feeling their car could be fantastic on some circuits, but woeful on others. i've got no idea where monaco will fit into that though.

X (@ed24f1)
Just looking at the race sectors, on the FIA site.

Look at where the nearest RedBull comes in at the final sector... 10th, and its Webber. 4tenths down on Rubens, the quickest through S3. Massa even matching 2nd placed Buttons time.

Im not sure how much this is a gauge for Monaco, but in testing it was Vettel who said the Brawn looked awesome through slow corners.

Only difference with Monaco is, its slow corners, but with bumps ;)!

edit -Nick Fry:

Q. How important a weekend was this, as the big development push concentrated on this race?

NF: I think the important thing is that the update package we put on the car worked. It is obviously something that we thought would happen, and it is a circuit where everyone can be quite competitive. The Red Bull obviously is very good aerodynamically and this is a circuit where they were going to be strong. So, to beat them here is great. We think in Monaco we have a good chance and believe the car will be more suited to the circuit, probably more so than here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 09:00PM by chet.
Just wondering, does the Red Bull have particular difficulty following other cars, or is it just that we've seen them in that situation more than others? Perhaps chet you've hit its flaw, poor through slower corners...With the exception of Melbourne, perhaps, all the circuits so far have seen fast corners, and as we head somewhere tight, the RBR is really going to be showed up.

Looking at it like that, Monaco actually is massively different from the previous races. Sepang, Shanghai, Bahrain and Spain all have a number of quick corners.

Should edit this topic to make it the Monaco GP thread!
I think they are stuck many times behind cars with KERS, nothing can be done against KERS cars as as soon your on the straight in their slipstream, they simply hit a button and get away with it, happend a few times already tot hem (hamilton in bahrain, massa in spain..)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy