The Officially Diffused 2009 Chinese GP *Here be Spoilers*

Posted by mcdo 
Ferrari is going back to early 90s... the team is controlled now by nervous italians :(

Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ferrari is going back to early 90s... the team is
> controlled now by nervous italians :(

We want the Frenchman back! :(

Fincent Wrote:
> [img253.imageshack.us]
>
> ;)

EPIC!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 06:43PM by Monza972.
Fincent Wrote:
> [img253.imageshack.us]
> .jpg
>
> ;)
>
> EDIT : On a serious note, Piquet needs to be
> replaced asap. Didn't show any promise last year,
> when he scored points it was often the case Alonso
> scored even more, hasn't outqualified Alonso once
> and has probably cost Renault an absolute fortune
> in repair bills lol. Because of that last reason,
> I don't think Sato would be a good replacement. As
> much as I love listening to Davidson on friday
> practice coverage, I feel he would do quite well
> at Renault and also, because of his weight, he's
> ideal for having KERS in the car.

That is flipping awesome! /save ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

It shouldn't really surprise us that Ferrari as bad as they are, but I'm honest it still jolts. Since they can't test, neither of the current drivers strike me as someone who could develop a car, like say Rubens could, from race to race. Schumacher is gone (as a driver anyway) Brawn is gone, Byrne is pretty much gone, been fudging this replacement with Alda Costa for the last few years, Jean Todt is gone...Pretty much the whole backbone of that F1 pwning team from the first half of the 2000s is gone.

Sato for Toro Rosso, Davidson for Renault...that's what I'm hoping anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 10:56PM by The Lopper.
Really great race, decent number of spins/crashes/mistakes throughout. Go Red Bull!! Brilliant first win, brilliant drive by Sebastien! Great to see Mark get his best result so far as well. Both RBR drivers must be seen as potential title contenders now too.

Brawn very consistent, showing how well-rounded their car is. As it turns out their pace in the wet isn't actually as good as Red Bull, but it's still close.

Thought Buemi was very good at times - some great driving and moves. Just needs more experience.

FAIL again from Ferrari! Actual shame for Massa when his car broke down, he was driving the best I've seen him do in the wet. Kimi just nowhere all race. Jean Todt(and all the old crew) definitely being missed.

Piquet - LMAO! Another epic muppet show! Loved how on a track where it's difficult to find a barrier, he still managed to find a polystyrene marker to crash into... then later on did find a barrier :P

One thing I'm pleased about with having new drivers at the front is that the press conferences and interviews are actually interesting now. They're starting to prat around again, something you would never see with the likes of Hamilton and Raikkonen. I got really fed up of their answers - it was always the same "I'd like to thank the team, bridgestone, my dad, my family, god, Margaret, in fact everyone but myself for this win".

I like the TV set they have in the press conference now, aswell. Now if they could sort out the politics, Max and Bernie, and make sure the FOTA keep having their say, we'd have a belter of a sport right here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Did you see "Sutil´s gay run 2" movie after his crash with the force india? ;)

Frantic Wrote:
> Did you see "Sutil´s gay run 2" movie after his
> crash with the force india? ;)

Didn't clock that. Saw it on iplayer though. Definitely a gay run 2 ;)
Yeah, just noticed it again on replay...It's hardly a macho, Sylvester Stallone affair. ;)
This is turning out to be a cracker of a season. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Flavio is still being a dork. He has been quoted saying:

"If everything had been perfect he [Alonso] would have finished fifth, after the two Red Bulls and the two Brawns. But our car is much better. I want to see our car with normal weather. The car is much more competitive. Fernando was second on Saturday and we saw we had the same level of fuel as Button."

- Yeah right. Who is he talking to? Everyone with internet access knows that Alonso was the lightest in the qualification.

"Absolutely congratulations to Red Bull. They have a fantastic car with the normal rules."

- Uhmmm... yeah, what a loser. A sore loser. Furthermore he wants the Honda TV money for himself, and Brawn out of the FOTA:

"I don't want to be Robin Hood, but I do not have money in my budget for a diffuser and I cannot finish the season a second behind Brawn.”

- Because your lack of pace is down to the lack of a diffuser, just like it is for RBR. Maybe you shouldn't have spent the 15 mills on a KERS, that doesn't provide extra pace. But no, let's not talk about Renaults mismanagement of resources.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
As pointed out by Ross Brawn, when Benetton was purchased by Renault Flavio was allowed to keep the TV money. Similar when Stewart became Jaguar and then Red Bull. So to suggest that Honda becoming Brawn means they cannot recive TV money is really playing it both ways.

I like how Flavio says what he thinks, and he is a character. But recently he has just been making a complete arse of himself.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
what about davidson replaceing piquet, and sato replacing nakajima, thus meaning williams get to keep their japanese sponsors etc and keep toyota happy

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
hi all... :p

let's be reasonable ... anthony davidson? i do not think he has real chances ... seems that bourdais performance is in doubt and that his replacement is bruno senna ... an indication that something is happening that senna has not closed according to race in DTM ... takuma has greater potential in tororosso due to personal sponsors are also the team ... on piquet, well ... i think the title of a report of the spanish newspaper "elmundo" speaks for itself ... he may not have the same qualities of his father, but is not a "junk" driver that briatore (renault) saying (in this case, grosjean and di grassi are the options). :p

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
harjinator Wrote:
> what about davidson replaceing piquet, and sato
> replacing nakajima, thus meaning williams get to
> keep their japanese sponsors etc and keep toyota
> happy

Because Sato is/was a Honda man. Bad form for Toyota. :P
To be honest on the Piquet side of things, I think it will be di grassi that gets his seat. I say this as all the Renault merchandise doesn´t mention Piquet, there is just a brazilian flag. If they give the drive to Grosjean or Davidson then they would need completely new merchandise, if they stick Di grassi in the car, then they can keep everything the same. No need to spend money when your saving up for a diffusor. :P
Piquet getting speeding tickets in Brazil...Yet he can't keep up pace on track. When he gets his new diffuser like Alonso, everyone will see how he does, if he is still lacking, then I think renault should replace him to at least keep to the middle of the field
On the topic of diffusers.

57. At the hearing, Ferrari acknowledged that multiple vertical transitions had been used by many teams in the past, including Ferrari itself, and argued that all such prior uses (including its own) had constituted a technical violation of the TR which had been tolerated. However, it argued that where multiple transitions had been used at the front of the car, rather than the rear, this constituted only a minor breach which could have been easily remedied, had it been necessary to do so, without a significant detriment to performance. Ferrari contends that multiple vertical transitions at the rear of the car have not been seen before and constitute a more serious violation which should not be tolerated.

Talk about playing both sides of the rules, eh.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
So, Ferrari failing as badly off the racetrack as they are on it then :P

I think Bruno Senna could find a race seat at Renault or STR this year if they take a risk.

I think there are better drivers around but he knows a lot of the tracks and could some how get a drive.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy