The Officially Diffused 2009 Chinese GP *Here be Spoilers*

Posted by mcdo 
Slash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i don't think Ferrari was that bad, i mean Felipe
> was fighting up there, Kimi thou... i think it
> would've been better if he would've just stayed
> eating ice cream in the motorhome

Exactly right, Massa was making very good progress until his retirement, I dunoo what the hell is goin on with Kimi, Iceman has literally frozen! But Ferrari won't be that far off the pace for too long, just need to sort the reliability out!
I think Kimi was just slow but i await to hear any further about any engine problem he said on the radio

Felipe said in Globo that his F60's engine wasn't working correctly since the first safety car and just stopped totally in the second one due eletrical bugs :/
It seems to me that Ferrari's reliability problems weren't caused by just KERS...might as well put it back on to get that extra bit of speed..
bignav88 Wrote:
> It seems to me that Ferrari's reliability problems
> weren't caused by just KERS...might as well put it
> back on to get that extra bit of speed..

It's a safety issue, not a reliability or speed one. Same reason Renault took theirs off.

Vettel, Webber, Sutil and Buemi were all fantastic. Heikki, Button and Glock were good too.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was expecting Bordais to be showing the way to Buemi, but he's getting destroyed by him. :\

Any need to mention Piquet again? Trulli? Kubica? All were poor.

Nice mechanical grip on the Red Bull there Chet. ;-)
Ye Vettel is awesome, Cant wait to see Webbo on the top step too, loved the way he took 2nd place back from Button..awesome stuff.

I cant see piquet or bourdais making a return next season tho
Good stuff from Vettel, laying down his marker for the rest of the season now. So unfortunate from Sutil, he's been impressive again, perhaps we'll see him rescued by one of the bigger teams? (although I don't think FI are that far behind at all really) Our boy Tim O'Glock, great drive again to score points, this man IS good in the wet! Also, kudos to Buemi, putting a four time Champ Car champion to shame. Also, so happy for Heikki, a good finish ahead of Lewis, finally getting a result he deserves.

IS this the point where Red Bull overtake Brawn for the rest of the season? Or will Brawn fight back? Or indeed, can Toyota or even McLaren launch an assault from here? It's great to see a leaderboard without Ferrari and McLaren occupying the top!
Well done to Heikki on finally finishing a race. Funny how its the first race he has completed yet he is joint in points with Hamilton ;)

Good Job by Vettel and the RBR gang to turn the race into their favour. I really thought it wouldn't rain as hard as this and Rubens would get great start off the line. Still really brings home the amount of stunning work RBR have put into making this the number one team out of the STR. Mark just missed out on the victory fighting with Jenson but atleast he still got a podium otherwise bad luck usually ended his race.

Brawn was stunning as usual.

Ferrari are utter piece of bollocks. I mean when something is going good for Felipe it always goes wrong. First Hungary now this. As funny as Kimi is at times, someone please tell ferrari to get rid of this guy. Not for the comment that their championship chances are over but for the fact that he does utter shite. He just doesn't have the confidence with the car and after the race goes into his own shell again. Ferrari need a stronger driver to help them in recovering this car, e.g. Alonso.

Otherwise, a poor luck to Sutil. Always seems to happen to him with 6 laps to go. Piquet however, EPIC FAIL!
[www.gazzetta.it]

Kimi's problem was grip.

He had an engine issue during the race, but it was solved.
Oh great. Engine issues, where did we have that before? ;(
Kimi needs to prove himself as a worthy driver in Bahrain after his performance here. They have tested there and the car looked good, also it should be dry/hot so no excuses. Hopefully with KERS fitted again he will show some speed.

Massa was better than him here until his engine failed, lapping faster and could have been on for a good finish. Shame for reliability again

Summary

RBR - Awesome

Brawn - Consistent once again, just outpaced today by a better car in the wet

Sutil - I so wanted him to get points again, the guy has been outperforming his car and his more experienced teammate. He will get there in the end

McLaren - A good solid race, if Hamilton could keep it on the track then it could have been much better

Ferrari - Crap, no more words

And finally, Piquet - Thank god hes still in F1, i mean otherwise who would i laugh at apart from Ferrari? =D

All in all a great race, good moves, good drama, great coveraege on the BBC as usual

yeah Piquet is not going to see the end of the season thats for sure and there are rumors that Davidson will take his place now.

gin schrieb:
> yeah Piquet is not going to see the end of the
> season thats for sure and there are rumors that
> Davidson will take his place now.

Motorsport-Total.com says, that Sato is also a possible replacement for Piquet. Renault want decide after the fifth race, what they will do. The site says, that Sato's chance is high, cause he would bring japenese sponsors to Renault.
I would love to see both get another chance to be honest.
Heidfeld went over debries of Sutil's car and his car got heavily damaged, thus dropping back at the end.

Nakajima won't last long at this rate either, he screwed up at Melbourne as well and had a very poor performance at Sepang.

Great job by Sutil but was even more surprised by Buemi's performance

Lol @ the Belgian commentators today:

'Kubica went doggy-style with Trulli'

- 'Oh dear, another mistake by Piquet...'
- 'You're not really a fan of Piquet, are you?'
- 'Well, who is?'

Epic stuff ;)

Bring back the racing
The Lopper Wrote:
> I would love to see both get another chance to be
> honest.

Me too. It's interesting to see someone say Davidson as I was thinking during the race today that it wouldn't be a bad choice for Renault. Davidson replacing Piquet and Sato replacing Bourdais would be good for me, I'd like to see both of them again. I did think Bourdais deserved another shot but his excuses are running pretty thin after being outclassed by his rookie teammate again.
Thats it, iam sick of Legard!

Great race, Vettel was outstanding again!!

Webber had a good race, had the pace to win but then he made a few mistakes which cost him.

Jenson, one mistake but recovered with Marks mistake, a good drive but clearly that RBR is the quickest in the wet as Bourdais and Buemi confirmed with strong pace.

I was dispointed with Trulli and a little with Rubens too. When I saw the rain I half expected RB to be up there with JB if not ahead.

Lewis was awesome, then not so awesome. I do think we can confirm that this guy is stupidly quick even with a bad car. His mistakes though were silly and I guess a cause of pushing too hard.

Ferrari, im sorry did they turn upto China?

3 races 0 points. Brawn, 3 races 36points. Laughable. They are operating in a very italian way imo. A bad way basically, the italians always like to blame somebody, and whilst not blaming Luca at Malaysia, i reckon they destabilized the team abit too much. There was no need for change.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

;)

EDIT : On a serious note, Piquet needs to be replaced asap. Didn't show any promise last year, when he scored points it was often the case Alonso scored even more, hasn't outqualified Alonso once and has probably cost Renault an absolute fortune in repair bills lol. Because of that last reason, I don't think Sato would be a good replacement. As much as I love listening to Davidson on friday practice coverage, I feel he would do quite well at Renault and also, because of his weight, he's ideal for having KERS in the car.

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2009 06:22PM by Fincent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy