The Officially Diffused 2009 Chinese GP *Here be Spoilers*

Posted by mcdo 
Yes, and pretty smart strategy I would say.
Damn! We will wait for the weights to see how good it was. Either way it was cracking!

Double decker diffusers who ? ;)!

Gav, now that month till Monaco is looking a very long time :p!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Yay go Vettel, he is a superb driver. I mean leaving it late in Q2 was risky.

But we have to wait regarding that, one Red Bull blocked someone there and I'm not sure but I guess it was Vettel unfortunately, let's see but McLaren tends to protest.
But when the redbull blocked kovy, was kovy on a hot lap? Because it looked like he slightly weaved on the straight (maybe to get tyre temp)...so can anyone confirm he was on a flyer?

Both cars went in the pits, then Kova started his lap.

They did not block or distrupt a lap, however he probably did not expect them that slow at the corner, thats all. Nothing to get a penalty over. tbh I dont know what Kovas problem was really!

Well the ppl are saying it was Kova's fast lap ;O
I guess we have to wait and see...would be a shame to see a pole position going away like that because of this. Heikki did get another run after that, so not a lot of damage done I think.

As for fuel, I agree that the guys in front might be light, but still, good job by them. Funny how the top 3 are all Renault.
It seems that Williams ahead will join the package too.

EDIT: and to complete, Kimi tends to be invited to this party too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 09:37AM by Rodrigo007.
Kova was weaving on the straight before the corner, before being interupted. If that was a fast lap then i think he had his Malaysia problems again! did not know which way to turn :p

I think we can all agree, RedBull and Renaults likley strategy is the short first stint with softer tyres then do the race as normal. Probably about 13-15laps imo for the first stint. They look to have good pace, but when they pit I just wonder where they will pop out anfd I guess the plan is to be behind Trulli and Nico (if not infront but no further back). If that is the case, and Brawn intend to run a normal first stint with sots at the end, it will be critical for the victory to make sure at least one of them gets in front of Alonso at the start. If not then the race win is likley to go towards a RedBull. Redbill will know that and I think they could give their engine supplier a big thankyou. The way the Brawns have started of late I am not too confident for either of them to get past Alonso! Looks like we have a race tomorrow! RedBull have taken the fight to Brawn and in Qualifying at least Brawn could not respond or match!

Also forgot to mention earlier, Trullis times in practice this morning on the soft tyres were very very impressive!!! Kept a close eye on the live timing screen and his tyres seem to hold up well!

One interestng in that is Hamilton, not sure if that pit stuff that tv showed affected his car, but perhaps he is going heavy gambling for rain tomorrow.
What a risky risky move from RBR and it paid off!

Red Bull seems to have got it spot with their for this year. I hope for win. I was on the edge of my seat when I didn't see Vettel on the timing screens. We will have to wait for the weights before we make anymore assumptions but I guess the Brawns are a fair bit heavy.
Re: The Officially Diffused 2009 Chinese GP *Here be Spoilers*
Date: April 18, 2009 12:16PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Is Piquet running the new diffuser too?? If he is, get him out of F1
I don't think that he is

edit: He isn't

[en.f1-live.com]

Nelson Piquet

“Obviously I didn’t have the new parts that Fernando had, but it’s still disappointing not to make it into Q2 as the car was working well this morning and we had made some improvements overnight. I know it will be a tough race tomorrow, but hopefully we can make the strategy work so that I can move forward in the race.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 12:22PM by Monza972.
no, he was bitching after quali that Alonso had it and he didn´t.
Re: The Officially Diffused 2009 Chinese GP *Here be Spoilers*
Date: April 18, 2009 12:33PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Was going to say. 2nd Vs 17th. That would have been an ouch. It still is, but y'know.
Imagine if Alonso and Hamilton were still team mates, lol, who would you give the diffuser to then? ;)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Alonso is very light. 637kg!

Brawn's are 659kg (Button) and 661kg (Rubens). Red Bulls are 644kg (Vettel) and 646kg (Webber).

FIA Weights.pdf

It's still looking good for the Brawns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 12:39PM by gav.
Hmm seems Alonso just wants to get the softs over and done with. If they start to grain badly then it will pay off later in the race for him.

Also I know Brawn are a few laps heavier than the redbulls but I think its looking better for a redbull win. In recent years the pack tends to really spread out lap by lap and unless they pass the redbulls, looks like Vettel can do this if he really powers the first few laps!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy