prog about Jim Clark on Sunday 19th April - early morning

Posted by Muks_C 
just an advanced warning for everyone, there's a 90min prog/film about JYS on BBC Four on Saturday at 7pm, and repeated later in the night (Sunday morning)at 1:15am.

read about it here: Click

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 09:35PM by Muks_C.
Nice one, thanks for the heads up Muks!
Re: prog about Jackie Stewart on Saturday 11th April
Date: April 10, 2009 03:40PM
Posted by: chet
Will this be on iPlayer you reckon?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 10, 2009 05:14PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Nice! That's the documentary made by his son and I first saw a glimpse of it many years ago, that's how I truly found out about François Cévert. Great documentary, I bought 2 DVDs of it (imported both from the UK!) and recommend everyone to watch it.
Date: April 10, 2009 07:02PM
Posted by: msater
Thanks for telling us, Muks! Much appreciated!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
I bought his most recent book and it came with a DVD I haven't watched yet. I wonder if it's the same thing?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
I assume this will explain why he feels the need to berate everyone over safety when he quite happily drove his car (under SC conditions) past the (fatal) burning wreck of a competitor, being the first on the scene and failing to help when no one else had done so because he was in the lead of the race.

Or why he seems to come out with the most ludicrous statements about the FIA at regular intervals. Current one is that Vettel should have been more penalised than Hamilton because driving round with a damaged car at 1/3 speed under SC conditions could have killed someone in the grandstands.

Or how he as president of the BRDC did NOTHING to improve Silverstone's facilities in the wake of massive pressure then moaned like hell when Donington stepped up.

Can't stand the man!
Date: April 11, 2009 12:04AM
Posted by: EC83
Nice one Muks, cheers for posting this! Sounds like one awesome TV programme, I'll defo be watching.

Date: April 18, 2009 09:34PM
Posted by: Muks_C
guys, there's a 1 hour prog about Jim Clark tonight/tomorrow morning at 1:10am on BBC Four. it was already on this evening at 7pm but i only found out about it now while watching prac 3 for the Chinese GP when David Croft mentioned it.

you can also watch it on the iplayer, see details here: Click

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2009 09:36PM by Muks_C.
I missed the Jackie Stewart one. The Jim Clark one really touching. I nearly broke down when they showed those bit about his death and stuff. Such a stunning driver and lost so early :(
Another good documentary, I personally knew very little of Stewart and Clark. Thanks for the head up Muks C.

Any of you guys gonna record it? We don't get this kind of stuff here in the States...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy