The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: April 07, 2009 03:34PM
Posted by: EC83
One amusing thing during the race was Kovy's spin off as seen from Massa's onboard. A real Wacky Races moment :P

I saw it and thought "something must have broke" but no, it appears he just lost it. I can understand that though, I had some awful whoppers in GP3 in that corner. Nothing fatal in GP4 yet though :P
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Felipe baby stay cool. Yeah baby yeah"
>
>

Might be wrong, but isn't that Domenicali? ;)

His interview on the Saturday wasn't bad. He could take a job straight at the University of Bulls**t alongside Nick Fry and Ron Dennis and Martin Whitmarsh with some of the stuff they all come out with.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 07, 2009 09:33PM
Posted by: chet
hahaha that picture is hilarious!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
EC83 Wrote:
> One amusing thing during the race was Kovy's spin
> off as seen from Massa's onboard. A real Wacky
> Races moment :P

lmao! Everytime i see it i just cant stop laughing..it looks so funny the way the car just spins.

Something like drivershaft failure,that cause heikkie to roll out

2 Hot 2 Handle.

MS-

KR -

"You must always pick the worst car and the worst team on the grid, to be the best."
—Fangio
Date: April 08, 2009 10:19AM
Posted by: gav
montoya6k Wrote:
> Something like drivershaft failure,that cause
> heikkie to roll out

Nope, he said it himself - his mistake.
The car snapped loose and he overcorrected. Might look funny but its an incredibly easy mistake to make.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 08, 2009 01:30PM
Posted by: kubica2
DaveEllis Wrote:
> The car snapped loose and he overcorrected. Might
> look funny but its an incredibly easy mistake to
> make.

looked kind of like he was going too fast around the outside of hamilton trying to overtake him.
Date: April 08, 2009 06:40PM
Posted by: Shinnbob
You saw Button lose all grip on the first corner by running wide. Same with Heikki, he just tried to fight it and went off. Unofrtunate, but not a mechanical issue

Date: April 08, 2009 07:38PM
In all honesty, was it not a silly attempt.

It was quick corner where the marbles would have built up abit imo and he was going far too quick! school boy error imo and a critical error considering the race results were almost a lottery! was a good chance for good points especially when they need it!

Date: April 08, 2009 09:08PM
Posted by: gav
Doubt there would have been many marbles. Apparently the GP2 race was largely wet, and I'd imagine it would have been similar for the other support races. Given the sheer force of the storm the night before, there'd have been little rubber left on the circuit.

I just think he was a bit ambitious on the loud pedal. I don't think he was trying to overtake Hamilton as much as stay ahead of Massa. He wasn't helped in the over-correction by the extra grip of the front tyres this year, which I'd imagine would make it a bit more nervous when you go beyond the normal limits at lowish speed compared to last year.
Date: April 12, 2009 02:08PM
Posted by: Stan

someone managed to do what martin didnt

Date: April 12, 2009 02:26PM
From this picture I can really see what Ferrari, Renault and Redbull are on about, and why they are protesting, Toyota have taken this to the extreme! The Brawn diffuser seems a little more conservative.

After reading Byrnes comments he produces a good argument. We will all know by Wednesday though. How will the hearing go do people think? Banned or legal?

I still think this is the teams own doing for not having the loophole closed when people were still aware of it, and if banned it should be banned for '10.

Date: April 12, 2009 02:32PM
Posted by: Stan
i dont think that brawn's pace comes from the diffuser alone, look at the entire car, its a nice package that works well together, it's front wing alone makes the wings on the other cars look absolete

Date: April 12, 2009 03:28PM
Agreed, I cant see how the claims are it is worth between 0.5 - 1 second! I think it was Vettel who mentioned that in testing what amazed him was the Brawns stability through that final chicane. I think it is through the slower corners the car gets alot of its addvantage, and of course slower corners being the place where you can find and lose the most time!

If the diffusers are declared legal, I would be interested to know to how much performance Ferrari can find. Thing about Ferrari is they are not slow, according the friday practice times from Aus and Malaysia. They are confortably within reach of Brawn, and I would say ahead of Toyota and Williams and possibly RedBull. Of anyone to watch out for when we get to Europe it will be Ferrari!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 03:28PM by chet.
Date: April 12, 2009 11:14PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
flavio makes a rather ironic point, in that bmw were adamant kers was to be used for this season and renault felt compelled to introduce it at great expense but in the end only one bmw is using it.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
From this picture I can really see what Ferrari, Renault and Redbull are on about, and why they are protesting, Toyota have taken this to the extreme! The Brawn diffuser seems a little more conservative.

There is no such thing as extremely legal. If the diffuser is legal from below, it is legal. There is no 2 ways about it. And as stated by Brawn and Toyota, they both alerted the OWG to the flaw and they chose not to address it.

After reading Byrnes comments he produces a good argument. We will all know by Wednesday though. How will the hearing go do people think? Banned or legal?

Byrnes comments are hilarious because they are impossible to make. The ONLY way his comments can hold any water is if he actually has a BrawnGP car on a ramp and is able to look at it with his own eyes. If he doesn't have a car and is going off of photographic evidence then his opinion holds as much water as mine.

The fact of the matter is that the way the diffusers are defined as legal and illegal is all to do with how they are viewed from directly below the car at a 90deg angle from the floor. If they appear legal there, they are legal - end of discussion. The ONLY way that the diffusers could possibly be declared illegal now is if the regulations are changed.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
I'm thinking it really depends on how much Ferrari push this...So far they have been *fairly* quiet on the matter. But if they put pressure on the FIA, I expect them to bend and change the regulations.
Date: April 13, 2009 02:09PM
There is no such thing as extremely legal. If the diffuser is legal from below, it is legal. There is no 2 ways about it. And as stated by Brawn and Toyota, they both alerted the OWG to the flaw and they chose not to address it.

I meant they have taken the idea to the exteme, and looks like an awfully complicated affair compared to the Brawn. I do not doubt it's legallity. As far as iam concerned if they have been declared legal on two occasions then that is that. Besides, why on earth would I even want to think they're illegal? ;-)! iam very much enjoying Jensons and Brawns success :p. To me this is all just giant load of sour grapes from the other teams. The former Honda team, the former joke of the paddock has happened to build a quick car and imo the others are simply angry about it.

"If you look at the Brawn car from underneath, you can see the suspension." From Byrne himself.

Now, iam not sure whether or not that classes as bodywork, but apparently he has seen, unless of course he is lying. Though I would not like to say he is wrong (because so far he seems to be the only qualified one to have talked about it from the opposing teams) imo his mentions of returning to returning to "real ground effect cars" is complete bs.

btw - time has gone quick. D-day is tomorrow!!!!!

edit, then next up the whole Lewis-Mclaren incident! Now that will be an interesting one!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 02:12PM by chet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy