The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes I quite agree, but I feel a different rule
> needs to be written for races that are stopped, as
> these are becoming more likely than ones that are
> to be restarted. So if the race is restarted, then
> we go for the penultimate lap, but if the race is
> not restarted then it should go for race order
> when the race is stopped. That's just my view.

I think the result was taken from the lap the red flag was thrown - the order at the line of course. That's why Glock got moved down to 3rd, he passed Heidfeld after the line and then the race was stopped a few corners later. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it went, might have to go have another watch now too see if I remembered it right.
Re: The Official 2009 Malaysian GP Thread *spoilers*
Date: April 05, 2009 10:46PM
Posted by: Taamaar
as in years gone by b4 they introduced the safety car when the race was red flagged due to an accident or in this case heavy downpour
they always take the posistions of the drivers/cars from the previous lap which is green flag lap b4 the red flag lap so say on lap 45 the race is red flagged then at the end of lap 44 the results of the drivers/cars posistion stands

also in the old days when the race is red flagged then restarted there used to be a time diference between each driver/car which was added on at the end of the race
example

red flagged
driver 1 leads driver 2 by 20 secs

so after the race restarted
driver 2 needs to gain 20 secs on driver 1 plus another second to win the race

and so goes on with other drivers behind to gain places on drivers who has what ever time advantage on drivers behind them at the red flagged

heh used to be a while b4 the final results came out at the end of those races
Date: April 05, 2009 11:25PM
Posted by: Ruboy
The late starting time is a shame. It was obvious that heavy rain would come down and that a stop of the race for more than 30 minutes would be very probable because of the large amounts of water...everybody knew it and they just neglected this as if it would not matter. For normal starting time at 14:00 you could even stop it for more than 60 min without any problem and restart at 16:00 or even later, but today it was clear that the race has to be finished by 19:00 as it gets too dark then. The same goes for Melbourne.
The should have started both races at 16:00 at the lastest but Bernie is just greedy for money...we need more change. Transforming Malaysia and Melbourne into a night-GP is ridiculous, too...Sepang has no special atmosphere at night and Melbourne has a great atmosphere with the lake and the green park at sunny daytime. I am getting sick when reading artciles about new tracks being build or planned in Russia, Korea or even Bulgaria...I hope F1 does not end where WRC already is...it's a shame.

Date: April 05, 2009 11:33PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Karan Wrote:
> Was that Button's new lady friend, they were
> showing during the podium, looking up? Young
> oriental looking girl...rather cute I thought.

you're interested in the major discussion points of the race, i see ;)

yes, it was, her name is Jessica Michibata, a model apparently.

and John Button wasn't too happy when he heard they'd only get half points:

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
well on another note, both races this year have finished behind the safety car.
ROFL @ Muks...What impressed me most about John Button is his predilection for pink shirts. ;)

Personally I'm much preferring British hype for Button over Hamilton. Button in interviews is a smiley, jokey, clearly happy man at where he's at...always a likeable figure, he has only become more appealing since the focus has all turned to him. Hamilton...pfft, waffle, empty words, inflated ego, overhyped.
"Felipe baby stay cool. Yeah baby yeah"

ROFLMAO!!!
Quality :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 06, 2009 01:24AM
Posted by: Monza972
The Lopper Wrote:
> ROFL @ Muks...What impressed me most about John
> Button is his predilection for pink shirts. ;)
>
> Personally I'm much preferring British hype for
> Button over Hamilton. Button in interviews is a
> smiley, jokey, clearly happy man at where he's
> at...always a likeable figure, he has only become
> more appealing since the focus has all turned to
> him. Hamilton...pfft, waffle, empty words,
> inflated ego, overhyped.

Exactly!

I'm loving the fact that a driver is actually is being a proper human being in front of the world instead of being a shell to promote the sponsors only. Jenson, Ant and DC must've to be the only british drivers i must've supported in all my time watching F1.

Although from what i've been told from my mum, when i was around 4yrs old, i used cheer on Damon Hill.
BAH!!! ridiculous... so many stuffs and things to take the F1 to the Asia and then we assist to this....

In Portugal we had the WRC Rally of Portugal this weekend..... 20 degrees celsius...

Such a big fight for FIA to have GP's in Asia and we had a perfect weather wekeend in Europe...

Next weekend i'll be working in the AIA.. Autódromo Internacinal do Algarve.. during the A1GP next step.. and i'm loving it already....

F1 just turned out to be the circus... the F1 circus... with clowns and all the rest... bah

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Next weekend i'll be working in the AIA.. Autódromo Internacinal do Algarve.. during the A1GP next step.. and i'm loving it already....

Awesome man, post photos if you can...what I've seen of that track it looks awesome, the A1 races should be good there !
Date: April 06, 2009 02:59AM
Posted by: gin
The Lopper Wrote:
> ROFL @ Muks...What impressed me most about John
> Button is his predilection for pink shirts. ;)
>
> Personally I'm much preferring British hype for
> Button over Hamilton. Button in interviews is a
> smiley, jokey, clearly happy man at where he's
> at...always a likeable figure, he has only become
> more appealing since the focus has all turned to
> him. Hamilton...pfft, waffle, empty words,
> inflated ego, overhyped.

I agree, I just could never get on the Hamilton hype-wagon, where as I am enjoying all the attention that Button gets now. I duuno, I guess it just feels more deserving for Button to get a good car after four years and on personal level Jenson doesnt seem to be as dull (younger) Ron Denis clone that Hamilton is.

Date: April 06, 2009 03:06AM
Posted by: matt3454
If Button wins the next race I may be starting to think that Bernies most wins, wins idea might be great ;) As I can't see the other teams struggling so bad back in Europe.

Date: April 06, 2009 04:35AM
Posted by: Karan
What exactly are the testing regulations between GP's for this year?

Date: April 07, 2009 01:52PM
Posted by: matt3454
test?

Date: April 07, 2009 01:58PM
Posted by: Maynia
Karan Wrote:
> What exactly are the testing regulations between
> GP's for this year?

According to ze rulebook, no track testing between the start of the week before the first race weekend and December 31st, track testing being defined as any track running time outside races other than:

1) promotional events using tyres provided specifically for that purpose by Bridgestone

2) maximum of three one-day tests for young drivers (those who have competed in no more than 2 Championship races) between the end of the Championship and December 31st

3) maximum of eight one-day aerodynamic tests (straight-line usually) between January 1st and the end of the Championship

complex! At least in wording. But then what do you expect of the FIA really? :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 02:00PM by Maynia.
Date: April 07, 2009 02:15PM
Posted by: EC83
LMAO Rodrigo. Austin Powers FTW!

DJSKYLINE Wrote:
> how on earth has piquet managed to stay on track

He never got going fast enough to spin off.

Date: April 07, 2009 02:20PM
Posted by: EC83
Double post due to Internet Explorer doing its usual trick and crashing. Apologies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2009 02:25PM by EC83.
Rodrigo007 Wrote:
> "Felipe baby stay cool. Yeah baby yeah"
> [images.gpupdate.net]
> [img16.imageshack.us]
> .jpg

That is fecking awesome! I couldn't stop laughing! ;)

On the subject of late races, Australia have already said they wouldn't turn their race into a night one, and rightly so. Malaysia has regular thunderstorms around the time the race was stopped, so have the races 2 hours earlier (i.e 3pm locally) and be done with it!

Button was awesome though in that Brawn GP car, to pull 2 straight fastest laps when he needed them shows how much pace that car has.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy