3 questions about present and past !

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Re: 3 questions about present and past !
Date: March 15, 2009 08:50PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I side with Williams. Mansells track record for talking complete bullsh*t is one of the best in motorsport history. His story about how the gearbox failed changes constantly. So none of this "come on Dave" rubbish. Frank Williams and Patrick Head are 2 of the most respected people in motorsport history. Mansells so far up his own arse he lick the back of his own bowels. Hes full of sh*t.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 15, 2009 09:08PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
OK, but his rant to the engineers after Imola 1991 was great! Never seen a driver so p**sed off at the car and at Martin Brundle. ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 15, 2009 09:50PM
Posted by: EC83
I would add to that his comments in the press conference after the 1991 British GP, when he said there had been lots of problems with his car during the race, including at least 2 occasions when it nearly died on him altogether. This was picked up on in the commentary for the '91 German GP too. Even at the time it struck me as strange that he could've dominated the race so easily and set fastest lap if his car was doing things like that.

Date: March 16, 2009 09:53PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah... Jonathan Palmer was bang on when he told him that it looked easy...It makes me cringe when I see that press conference now.

Mansell had the fastest car, which by then had it's reliability issues pretty much sorted. And lets face it on that day.. the opposition fell apart... Berger banged wheels with Patrese at the start bending his own suspension and putting Patrese out of the race... Alesi n00bed up after getting too cocky with some great moves at the complex.. Prost spun and was generally meh whilst Senna didn't have the pace to match the Williams and ran out of fuel on the last lap.

And Mansell thinks that he had problems :P
Date: March 17, 2009 02:56AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
the opposition fell apart... Berger banged wheels with Patrese at the start bending his own suspension and putting Patrese out of the race... Alesi n00bed up after getting too cocky with some great moves at the complex.. Prost spun and was generally meh whilst Senna didn't have the pace to match the Williams and ran out of fuel on the last lap.

And Mansell thinks that he had problems :P "

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL xaxaxaxaxax . :D
The whole Britain looved him anyway, the italians called him "The Lion"
The man had big heart , but never Number one status (except '92 ) and that costed him dear :(
Date: March 17, 2009 01:34PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The whole Britain looved him anyway,

Oh really?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: March 17, 2009 07:02PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I laughed recently when Mansell said his title had 20% more credibility than Lewis' solely based on the amount of cars on the grid, hahahaha.
Date: March 17, 2009 07:47PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> I laughed recently when Mansell said his title had
> 20% more credibility than Lewis' solely based on
> the amount of cars on the grid, hahahaha.

Heh, Nigel makes himself look rather silly saying things like that when you consider the relative performances of the 1992 Williams and the 2008 Macca :P

Date: March 18, 2009 03:45AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Ah all the same though, Nige is way cooler.

That's all I've got. That's all I need to have.
Date: March 18, 2009 12:30PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Hey, Nigel crashed out of the lead of more Grand Prix than any other driver. For that, he earns my respect. Always entertaining, never dull.

[Website]
Date: March 18, 2009 12:42PM
Posted by: senninho
Yes, I can't remember Nige ever being dull! This even extended to Grand Prix Masters - he managed to be the only driver at Silverstone to keep the engine troubles that blighted the first half of the weekend.

Date: March 18, 2009 01:00PM
Ferrari_Fuhrer Wrote:
> Hey, Nigel crashed out of the lead of more Grand
> Prix than any other driver. For that, he earns my
> respect. Always entertaining, never dull.

Absolutely. When Nigel was in the car he was a total legend. He's one of my favourite drivers ever, possibly the favourite from a point of view of being a racer. For example his retaliation against Berger in the closing laps at Mexico in 1990 has to be one of the most impressive fightbacks ever.
For sure, in the car he was one of the very best - and always spectacular.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy