Massa Calls For 'High Profile' Tests

Posted by Shinnbob 
Re: Massa Calls For 'High Profile' Tests
Date: March 06, 2009 02:14PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
seeing as this thread has massa in the title...

[en.f1-live.com]

3rd paragraph.... oh rly?

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2009 02:14PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Date: March 06, 2009 02:18PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
interesting...

and besides, (Paulista?) Massa won in 2006

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 11, 2009 08:43AM
Posted by: mcdo
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guimengo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If they get any shorter we won't see much
> > overtaking opportunities, might as well ban
> > refuelling and only allowing one tire change.
>
> Erm.. it's already been decided that refuelling
> will be banned for 2010, and I expect only 1 tyre
> change next year (unless they make the tyres wear
> quite quickly so as to add a bit of spice).

Oh no! If we all, and I think we all want the potential for overtaking maximised and not just on track, why get rid of refuelling? Why reduce the element of differing fuel strategies and different pitstop points, notwithstanding changes of tyres? The more points of difference, the better.

And let's not put too much pressure on Bridgestone to maintain a reliable tyre for one solitary change at all tracks. We've already seen what happened to Michelin.
Date: March 11, 2009 09:19AM
Posted by: gav
I'd have agreed with you before 2008 (where we were lucky for overtaking), but I'd want to see how 2009 pans out. They've introduced a lot of measures to aid overtaking (KERS, more mechanical grip, less aero grip in general, smaller diffusers and rear wings and larger front wings), so we need to see how it works before criticising this.

What you don't want is for overtaking to be easy. It needs to remain a challenge and an art.

I'm not too concerned. In reality very few different strategies are at play at the moment anyway. Generally it's 2 stops at the front and 1 stop if you're outside the top 10. Little changed that - in 2008 there was Hamilton at Istanbul (because of safety fears) and Alonso at Singapore (because he had a top car) and they were the only stand-out variations that I can remember (keep in mind that memory is truly woeful though!).
Date: March 11, 2009 03:47PM
Posted by: Guimengo
mcdo, getting rid of refuelling forces the drivers to not rely on pitstops to come out ahead of someone in the end, they must battle on the track.
Date: March 11, 2009 03:59PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i believe they only want to ban refuelling, not pitstops altogether

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 11, 2009 04:23PM
Posted by: chet
I would like pitstops banned...

Fuel conservation and tyre conservation. Fuel wouldnt be so much of an issue these days but tyres is another matter.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 11, 2009 04:33PM
Tire conservation may make drivers not willing to really push because they'd get their tires worn and just drop back on the grid, that's the thing.
Date: March 11, 2009 05:16PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I wouldn't like to see tyre-changes banned. This year for the first time in a while, we'll have distinct tyre compounds, therefore hopefully, a spread of different strategies. I'm hoping this will = more exciting racing, the proof will be at the races though.
Date: March 11, 2009 06:59PM
Posted by: superchargednut
Tyre compounds should be made harder, hard enough to survive a race. Cars will be sliiiiiidy :)

Date: March 11, 2009 08:47PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I'd have agreed with you before 2008 (where we were lucky for overtaking), but I'd want to see how 2009 pans out. They've introduced a lot of measures to aid overtaking (KERS, more mechanical grip, less aero grip in general, smaller diffusers and rear wings and larger front wings), so we need to see how it works before criticising this.

Max said if overtaking doesn't significantly increase in 2009 then the F1 Overtaking Working Group (the people responsible for giving the FIA Recommendations on the new rules) will be removed. Max expects these guys to fix F1 in 1 year, after he has spent the last 15 or so years f**king it up.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 11, 2009 09:11PM
Simple way of blaming others for your errors, happens everywhere and I'm sure that more and more fans see past Mosley's crap. Luckily!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy