> I'd rather be.
>
> If it were me I'd rather have a competitive season
> racing on a lot of the F1 circuits in GP2 and
> maybe get some F1 testing mileage in and try land
> a drive next year, than rush into it driving
> what's bound to be an uncompetitive car and show
> none of your potential.

Well, we disagree here. I'd rather drive that dog F1 car, much more to learn from it than driving a GP2.

And its a good chance to outpace a driver that is regarded to be a top F1 driver. All he needs to do is to outpace Jenson and he'll have a better chance of getting a better car. Easy, cause Jenson is slow.

Re: Rescued Honda team to be called 'Brackley F1'
Date: February 27, 2009 02:33PM
Posted by: marwood82
on the 1 hand i'll be suprised if they don't go for Senna, purely because of the money he may attract.

but on the other, with all the upheaval going on behind the scenes, maybe it makes sense to have a bit of stability on the driving front.

I guess its all just rumour at the moment though.
Date: February 27, 2009 02:35PM
Posted by: Nickv
Bruninho schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Easy, cause Jenson
> is slow.

But..?!?! *dies*
Date: February 27, 2009 02:40PM
Posted by: Bruninho
Frantic Wrote:
> Senna would be test driver

No, he wouldnt. He does not want a test driver role and he'll reject all the offers for that role purely because of the new F1 rules. In-season testing is forbidden now, therefore he would not test anything, he'd sit on the sidelines for 1 year until the next winter testing sessions.

Date: February 27, 2009 02:40PM
Posted by: J i m
Bruninho Wrote:

> a) a dog on track due to the inability of the
> turkish directors to keep the track safe;
> b) Silverstone race directors not punishing Di
> Grassi for almost crashing Senna in the pits;
> c) Belgium race directors robbed him of a 100%
> guaranteed victory punishing him for the same
> thing Di Grassi did to him @ Silverstone;
> d) iSport's incompetence to get the car ready in
> time for Monza qualifying session;
> e) iSport's incompetence in calculating the right
> amount of fuel for Valencia race.
>
> Racing Engineering and Campos werent "top teams"
> (in your vision), yet they fought for the title
> due to Sennas misfortunes?

Once again you display your astonishing ability to wear blinkers. How many times do you need informing that "luck" generally equals itself out over a season. You focus on one driver with a holier than thou attitude, yet completely fail to acknowledge that all the other drivers had mishaps and bad fortune as well.

Racing Engineering were an unbalanced team, Pantano took the lion share of points for them, whilst Villa who was already a proven winner in GP2 was no where. Campos were only strong when Di Grassi drove for them and exposed Petrov as a bit of a fraud.

iSport and ART have had seasons in when both drivers were strong, in 05 both Rosberg and Premat were winners, in 06 both Hamilton and Premat were winners, in 07 Zuber may have flatterd to decieve but he was always very quick, whilst Glock was strong everywhere.
Date: February 27, 2009 02:44PM
Posted by: marcl
What is the point being a test driver in F1 when there is no testing during the year?

I think they will stick with Button and RB, if they go for Bruno its a to big risk for reasons I have already given.

They could even stick Pedro in the car and get some money from Mclaren, but you can bet Bernie will push for Bruno.
Date: February 27, 2009 02:49PM
Posted by: Nickv
If Bernie does push Honda to get Senna in, it's quite pathetic from him and for Senna. It's like a father that forces the neighbouring children to play with his annoying son.
Date: February 27, 2009 02:49PM
Well.. they could nominate him as reserve driver, and he would have a couple of test days remaining that he could do "in season" thanks to the young "in-experienced" drivers loophole.

Then give him a full winters test from January next year ahead of a race debut in 2010.
Date: February 27, 2009 02:53PM
Posted by: Fincent
Rubens is a better choice, results wise, because he knows the team and has the experience to help develop a car (setups, driver response etc). It may well be his last season in F1 but he's still pretty fast and can never discount him, would also be good for Senna to get another year's practice.

I can see Senna getting the seat now though, purely for PR reasons. He wont be as good at developing a car and his lack of experience will show up at times but his name would give the team massive publicity and attract vital sponsors and money. Unfortunately I think money will be more important than experience to Brackley F1 at this time...

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: February 27, 2009 02:54PM
Posted by: Bruninho
He must get the race seat now and send that useless driver to the retirement asap.

Know what? Im fed up of this. I'll wait until Melbourne because Honda sale is such a silly novel atm with news popping up all over the world saying different things.

Date: February 27, 2009 02:55PM
Posted by: The Lopper
It's better off for Senna if he doesn't get an F1 drive this season. If he's shoehorned into a seat at this late stage he'll get whipped by Button early on. Senna might have more raw talent, but Button's been at this game for 9 years now, and I reckon there's too little time to bring Senna up to speed. Barrichello is the sensible option.
Date: February 27, 2009 03:01PM
Posted by: chet
Its a difficult one.

I know in my head Rubens is the ideal choice atm. And in any case that is what I would prefer right now.

I have no doubt Senna has raw speed, and if paired with Jenson I would expect Senna to be a match for him in Qualifying on more than one occasion, but in the race Bruno is really will be quite shocked imo.

edit - could we merge threads? its hard to know which to follow....

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 03:02PM by chet.
Date: February 27, 2009 03:03PM
Bruninho Wrote:
> I'll wait until
> Melbourne because Honda sale is such a silly novel
> atm with news popping up all over the world saying
> different things.

That much at least is true. If only some of your other posts displayed that level of understanding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2009 03:03PM by J i m.
Date: February 27, 2009 03:06PM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
Frankly,

better unban Croatia than this.
Date: February 27, 2009 03:18PM
Posted by: Frantic
Sorry Bruninho, but this is a forum. The most logical thing is see a lot of different opinions :)

Date: February 27, 2009 04:34PM
It does look like RB is the favorite to get the drive, JB has taken a pay cut.

It would do Bruno no good to drive this car next year it will do his reputation no good at all.
Date: February 27, 2009 06:22PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Bruninho Wrote:
> He must get the race seat now and send that
> useless driver to the retirement asap.
>
> Know what? Im fed up of this. I'll wait until
> Melbourne because Honda sale is such a silly novel
> atm with news popping up all over the world saying
> different things.

Seems that one-week break didn't do you much good, eh? ;-) Bruno Senna could do an Alonso and have a years testing, to at least get used properly to these cars. He hasn't got the same raw talent just yet, as Hamilton had a couple years ago, and it has showed in GP2 (if he'd got the talent, he'd have won that series already, don't deny it ;-)), so he doesn't automatically get the seat just because Rubens may be past it even if he does bring the world and his missus with sponsorship. A young test driver would do the current "Honda" operation well this year, to at least get the car fully up to speed and keep it up to speed all year.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: February 27, 2009 06:36PM
I also think people are forgetting that there is no testing during the season so a years testing is no good.
Date: February 27, 2009 06:44PM
I haven't forgotten.

However like I have pointed out, if the young driver loophole continues, and it is likely it will... then Senna would have some test time remaining.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy