Honda Team Source confirms Virgin F1 bid

Posted by montoya6k 
Re: Honda Team Source confirms Virgin F1 bid
Date: February 19, 2009 09:51PM
Posted by: marcl
I think you keep forgetting the Ayrton Senna was big in Japan not Bruno Senna simple or whatever his real name is cannot remember right now.

Bruno would be the wrong person to put in a car that has had no testing simple.
Date: February 19, 2009 10:05PM
Posted by: Bruninho
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you keep forgetting the Ayrton Senna was
> big in Japan not Bruno Senna simple or whatever
> his real name is cannot remember right now.
>
> Bruno would be the wrong person to put in a car
> that has had no testing simple.

And You keep forgetting that they would still support him. Because of the surname. They love the idea of a "successor" even though he isnt. They want more of Senna, be it Ayrton or Bruno.

He is the RIGHT person for it. He learns the things quickly. He has the technical knowledge for it. If they are in a hurry for it, he is the RIGHT person. So there is no reason for him not to get that seat.

There was an interview he gave for a brazilian channel, where he showed his technical knowledge about it, about the slicks, the new rules, his situation about the Honda novel. The interviewers were impressed also. He is intelligent and very articulated.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 10:07PM by Bruninho.
Date: February 19, 2009 10:10PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yes, on a Brazilian TV channel. About a Brazilian driver.

we get force-fed the same crap about Hamilton all the time but it doesn't mean we all buy it.
Date: February 19, 2009 10:10PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Bruno I really want to see him in F1 but let's not be so strong on facts when he only touched an F1 car for two days. I believe in his potential to be a good driver and am hoping for it but it isn't up to us to defend anyone here, we have to let time go by and see what happens to Bruno Senna, and once he gets to F1 (in 2009 or 2010) it will be up to him to defend himself not to us to talk for him ahead of time.

If only he supported Flamengo he could have been driving for us in the Formula Superleague and actually helping us do better ;).
Date: February 19, 2009 10:21PM
Guimengo Wrote:
> Bruno I really want to see him in F1 but let's not
> be so strong on facts when he only touched an F1
> car for two days. I believe in his potential to be
> a good driver and am hoping for it but it isn't up
> to us to defend anyone here, we have to let time
> go by and see what happens to Bruno Senna, and
> once he gets to F1 (in 2009 or 2010) it will be up
> to him to defend himself not to us to talk for him
> ahead of time.
>

2 days and only 0.3s behind Jenson. The fact that he had little track time in that car is not a good argument for me when people say he shouldnt get the seat. 0.3s is a strong argument, he'll be better if given a fulltime race seat.

> If only he supported Flamengo he could have been
> driving for us in the Formula Superleague and
> actually helping us do better ;).

Well, about soccer teams, I know for a fact that he supports Corinthians Paulista... and ironically they have a Formula Superleague car ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 10:24PM by Bruninho.
Date: February 19, 2009 10:26PM
DO NOT FEED...
Date: February 19, 2009 10:53PM
Posted by: airefresco
Bruno can you learn what ironic means please? It is so annoying that you use it all the time in the wrong context.

Thanks. :)
Date: February 19, 2009 11:04PM
DO NOT FEED!
Date: February 19, 2009 11:41PM
Posted by: gav
loque Wrote:
> DO NOT FEED...

Discussion forum, therefore we'll discuss. We're not all saying "Bruno Lalli's not going to get the seat!", we're just showing Bruninho's that there's another side which he can't see. :)

Bruninho. The Senna name may have a big market pull in Japan, but they don't want to see the Senna name, they want to see Senna, and he's not. They're not going to buy a can of coke because Bruno Lalli has one, or buy a kettle because his name is on it. He's got a lot of potential in Japan, but currently little ability to realise it.

Sato on the other hand is already a legend there, whether he's deserving of it or not. Stick his face in a dealership and it will shift cars. Stick his face on the side of that can and they will buy it. Put his name to a plane and they'll fly it. Come on, you saw the outcry when Honda dropped him - they made a whole 2nd team just to accommodate him!

Sometimes it's better the devil you know. Look at Piquet. ;-)

I'd like to think that the best driver available will get the 2nd seat, but Richard Branson is a businessman, and a very astute one. He just doesn't fail. If he's after Japan, he'll go for Sato. If he's after a more general global market, he'll go for who offers the most globally - if he gets to pick a driver, we'll know where he's aimed at. If he's got the sport at heart, he'll pick Barrichello for at least 1 more season (and before you start, he was a lot better than Button last season).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 11:56PM by gav.
Date: February 19, 2009 11:54PM
meexi Wrote:
> What makes everbody think thak Jenson has got a
> right to the seat true he has a contract with
> honda but it is with honda not any other team and
> if he was that good at developing a car why has
> nobody else snapped him up. Surely de la rosa
> deserves a race seat as much as jenson.

Take over the team and you take over the contracts. That's why Honda were apparently content to part-fund the consortium - it was cheaper to keep the staff than it was to lay them off.

If the Brackley team make 2009, Jenson Button will be in one of the cars. I doubt many dispute that.

de la Rosa has done nothing in F1. He's shown he's the equal of Jos Verstappen, and while I'm a fan of Jos, he wasn't exactly brilliant. Pedro's got no cutting edge to him. If he's stuck behind someone, he's stuck behind them, no matter which circuit. He doesn't have the balls to have a go against the odds. Button's not much better at that, but he has shown he can race towards the front (even if the car can't). Not saying he's any more than just a solid driver though - even after 8 years I think the jury is still out on him - he's just a far better bet than a Pedro.
Date: February 20, 2009 12:03AM
Posted by: meexi
fair point gav

but pedro did prove himself at the 2006 hungarian gp on the podium (ironicly behind jenson button) how does anybody rate gary parfitt (or just put the stig in it)
Date: February 20, 2009 12:27AM
gav Wrote:
> Bruninho. The Senna name may have a big market
> pull in Japan, but they don't want to see the
> Senna name, they want to see Senna, and he's not.
> They're not going to buy a can of coke because
> Bruno Senna has one, or buy a kettle because his
> name is on it. He's got a lot of potential in
> Japan, but currently little ability to realise
> it.
>

Its what you think. You are underestimating the power of that surname.

> Sato on the other hand is already a legend there,
> whether he's deserving of it or not. Stick his
> face in a dealership and it will shift cars. Stick
> his face on the side of that can and they will buy
> it. Put his name to a plane and they'll fly it.

I'm pretty sure that the Senna surname can sell more Honda cars than Sato ever could. Because the surname is a legend. Sato isn't.

> Come on, you saw the outcry when Honda dropped him
> - they made a whole 2nd team just to accommodate
> him!
>

So? That was BEFORE Bruno Senna came in.

> Sometimes it's better the devil you know. Look at
> Piquet. ;-)
>

Again, you are underestimating Piquet's potential. It was just his first year. Even his father had a terrible first year if we compare, he did a better debut season than his father. He will shut up his critics sooner than you think. He might not win three titles, but he will win one for sure.

> I'd like to think that the best driver available
> will get the 2nd seat, but Richard Branson is a
> businessman, and a very astute one. He just
> doesn't fail. If he's after Japan, he'll go for
> Sato. If he's after a more general global market,
> he'll go for who offers the most globally - if he
> gets to pick a driver, we'll know where he's aimed
> at.

If he's after Japan, he should go for Senna because the surname is stronger than Sato there. If hes after the global market, again its Senna the favorite. I strongly believe in that theory because the surname is much more stronger for PR than Sato is.

> If he's got the sport at heart, he'll pick
> Barrichello for at least 1 more season (and before
> you start, he was a lot better than Button last
> season).

I'll will only tell you what matters: He won a race for Honda, his crappy teammate did not. In three years together, the overall results of Jenson humiliates his teammates results. Jenson would have been able to do deliver more if Ross Brawn wasnt a halfwit licking his teammates butt, telling to the team to listen to him to develop their cars. That resulted in two slowpoke cars. Yes, I dont like Ross Brawn.

And no one will pick that useless crap driver for another season. Hes going to Stock Car Brazil 2009 series, because he has no chance of getting a F1 drive again and I am pleased that he was finally BOOTED OUT!

EDIT: Im not going against you - nothing personal against you - but I just completely disagree with you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 12:34AM by Bruninho.
Date: February 20, 2009 12:35AM
Posted by: mortal
Bruninhos time out is reduced to seven days, that should let everyone cool off and give Bruninho some time to reflect on his posts and to consider his future posting here. I don't like booting people from the site, it causes me grief. Everybody gets a fair go, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is how that opinion is given that makes all the difference.
I really cannot sit back and do nothing over the complaints I get from Bruninhos peers. Don't think I am trying to absolve myself of the responsibility of shutting him out for a week, but I do act on behalf of the masses who have asked me on occasions now too numerous to mention to get off my ass and do something.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 20, 2009 12:39AM
mortal Wrote:
> Bruninhos time out is reduced to seven days, that
> should let everyone cool off and give Bruninho
> some time to reflect on his posts and to consider
> his future posting here. I don't like booting
> people from the site, it causes me grief.
> Everybody gets a fair go, everyone is entitled to
> their opinion, but it is how that opinion is given
> that makes all the difference.
> I really cannot sit back and do nothing over the
> complaints I get from Bruninhos peers. Don't think
> I am trying to absolve myself of the
> responsibility of shutting him out for a week, but
> I do act on behalf of the masses who have asked me
> on occasions now too numerous to mention to get
> off my ass and do something.

I still mantain that I did nothing wrong here. Dave Ellis and bazza racer did by breaking the privacy of private messages to flame a thread. I tried to comply with the rules when I decided to reply them through pm's to respect the thread. If you are going to punish me, then I strongly believe that Dave Ellis should be too for what he did.

Date: February 20, 2009 12:42AM
Posted by: Fincent
gav Wrote:
> Pedro's got
> no cutting edge to him. If he's stuck behind
> someone, he's stuck behind them, no matter which
> circuit. He doesn't have the balls to have a go
> against the odds.

Got to disagree with you there Gav :) the standout memory of Pedro in my mind is that Bahrain GP where he stood in for Montoya with his 'tennis injury'. He definitely wasn't short of balls that race. Yeah I admit that most of the moves were overcooked and ended up with him overshooting the corner and handing the place back but still...shows he has the balls :) .

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

&feature=related">
&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

&feature=related">
&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

&feature=related">

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: February 20, 2009 12:46AM
Pedro is also one of my favorites. HE should definately get a drive. His 2006 Hungary drive was excellent also.

Date: February 20, 2009 12:50AM
Posted by: tripleM
so the limit for good races during the career that qualify a person for a drive is two?

Date: February 20, 2009 12:50AM
Posted by: mortal
I have considered that re the pm's, but I'm also very aware that my inbox is full of complaints...again....about you sadly, and not Dave or bazza.
And, if as you say, you did nothing wrong....why is everyone displeased with you?
This time out is not from me, it's from your peers here who have literally demanded I do something. As I said, you have seven days, under the circumstances, it's the best I can do, elsewhere, or perhaps with a less tolerant moderator, it would probably be permanent. Accept it with good grace, that's my best advice for you, you might earn some respect for it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 20, 2009 12:58AM
Posted by: flat tyre
I've never really known what to make of De La Rosa. Sometime's he's as ballsy as you can get, as Fincent pointed out, but quite a lot of the time he seemed pretty unspectacular to me. I'd like him to prove my doubts wrong, but for now I'm sticking to them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: February 20, 2009 01:43AM
Bruninho Wrote:
> Its what you think. You are underestimating the
> power of that surname.

We'll see. If Senna doesn't get the former-Honda drive, then if a semi-Japanese team isn't made specifically for him, we'll know who's name has the most draw. ;-)

Bruninho Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that the Senna surname can sell
> more Honda cars than Sato ever could. Because the
> surname is a legend. Sato isn't.

Except in Japan. It's a failure everywhere else, but in Japan he's a superstar. Senna isn't. Yet.

Bruninho Wrote:
> Again, you are underestimating Piquet's potential.

Not at all. I wasn't one of those who questioned his ability before 2008. Watching him through it he was abysmal - the worst rookie I've ever seen. That doesn't mean he won't reach his potential (but that's not a particularly high target, let's be honest - mid-field team or a Heikki at best), but he's not going to set the sport on fire either.

Bruninho Wrote:
> If he's after Japan, he should go for Senna
> because the surname is stronger than Sato there.
> If hes after the global market, again its Senna
> the favorite. I strongly believe in that theory
> because the surname is much more stronger for PR
> than Sato is.

If he's after Japan he won't go for anyone else other than Sato. Let's get this straight. I don't like Sato. Frankly I think he's a waste of a good spot in the sport. But he's got HUGE draw in Japan. The Senna same does, but Bruno Lalli isn't a Senna.

Bruninho Wrote:
> I'll will only tell you what matters: He won a
> race for Honda, his crappy teammate did not. In
> three years together, the overall results of
> Jenson humiliates his teammates results. Jenson
> would have been able to do deliver more if Ross
> Brawn wasnt a halfwit licking his teammates butt,
> telling to the team to listen to him to develop
> their cars. That resulted in two slowpoke cars.
> Yes, I dont like Ross Brawn.

And he humiliated Button last season. You're only as good as your form. What happened to Rubens on that day in Hungary? Wasn't he ahead of Button? A gamble to win the race? A bit like... well Senna used to do? His gamble didn't work out, but Button's wouldn't of either had Renault not forgotten to tighten Alonso's nuts.

You're blaming Ross Brawn for Honda's downfall? That's quite an achievement.

Fincent: Yeah, I see that, but I see Hungary 2006 as a negative rather than a positive. He made a mess out of overtaking a man who didn't even have the right tyres. As for Bahrain, let's not forget Rosberg... it doesn't necessarily mean anything if you've got a good car under you. ;)

He had years to prove his worth, but all he showed was he's a midfield driver at best, who can occasionally challenge the bigger names. Frankly, Pedro Diniz managed that, and he was your stereotypical paydriver. ;-)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy