Honda Team Source confirms Virgin F1 bid

Posted by montoya6k 
Re: Honda Team Source confirms Virgin F1 bid
Date: February 19, 2009 12:22AM
Posted by: marcl
I would say Bruno is 100% out of the running, it will probably be Sato he is already paid by them and they tried to get him the drive with STR.

They will need 2 drivers to develop the car during the weekends as there is no testing, Bruno would be no good at all at 1st.
Date: February 19, 2009 01:56AM
Posted by: Bruninho
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would say Bruno is 100% out of the running, it
> will probably be Sato he is already paid by them
> and they tried to get him the drive with STR.
>

WRONG. What Sato has to do with the case? If someone is buying the team, its not Honda running the team anymore. Sato isnt backed up by Honda anymore. Therefore he has no chance of getting a drive. Honestly, I am pleased to see him out of F1, because he was crap, terrible.

Ive said it before and i'll repeat. At the end of the day, its Ecclestones word that will decide it. He is the man running the business, he wants Bruno Senna on the grid and he is said to be working for it. He wants a famous surname on the grid to bring more media attention, good PR stuff for the team and F1. The crappy and poor Sato cannot do what Ecclestone wants.

Ironically every report I see flying around about the team buyout is mentioning the possible lineup as being Button & Senna. There is not a single word about Sato or any other crap driver. I am 100% sure that it will be J Button and B Senna on the grid at Melbourne if someone can buy the team, which will be powered by Mercedes if they can pay for it.

> They will need 2 drivers to develop the car during
> the weekends as there is no testing, Bruno would
> be no good at all at 1st.

Why the hell you think he cannot test? He can. He can drive, he can test, he can race, surely he can win. He can do it better than Sato would. The best way for Senna to get started with F1 is getting a fulltime drive, given the current season testing rules. Waiting one more year while the in-season testing is banned wont help him. He must do it now to learn how the business is in F1.

And why the hell you think Sato can develop cars? Hondas good 2004-2006 cars was Jenson & Ant Davidsons work not Sato. Hondas downfall began when they started to listen to Jenson's 2006 new teammate which produced two crap slow cars. Satos good results @ Aguri has much more to do with the others misfortunes in a race than with him being "good" at it.

You are underestimating Sennas skills. Ive seen enough of him to say with a hand, no, two hands on the fire that he can do the job. I think that you should talk that crap about Buemi not Senna, he finished way behind him @ GP2 and did NOT drove any race better than him. He doesnt even deserve the STR seat that he got due to being backed up by Red Bull driver development, not because of his results & skills.

At least Bruno can bring the car back to the pits in one piece, something that Sato cannot do without damaging someone elses car first (Ask MS @ Belgium 05 if u are in doubt)...

Date: February 19, 2009 02:50AM
Posted by: bazza_racer
Bruno!!!! Stop being so narrow minded and one sided. Everyone's entitled to their opinion here just as much as you. There's no need to create a slagging match over one persons view everytime it conflicts with yours, so please stop...

Right....
where have you seen the link up with Mercedes Engines........ Surely only a few weeks before season would be too late to; a) get a supply of 09 spec engines and b) modify the chassis to fit them..... Also i'm not sure how it works but don't Honda have an official entry for this season? So does someone coming in have to buy that entry and rename it???? I know it's happened in the past with Jordan/Midland/Spyker/Force india etc.... but didn't know if there was any difference with it being a works entry to being effectively an independant :?

On the subject of drivers I'd love to see Sato in an F1 car, I've been fortunate enough to see the man at work first hand and he has some amazing skills behind the wheel. I'm sure he will also come with substantial backing if money were an issue. He has lots of influential ties. I think Senna will get to F1 but just not yet. I can't see a new team taking on an F1 rookie... it doesn't make sense. it's ok to say Senna can drive and give great PR, but does he know the in's and out's of an F1 car helping push the team forward... i don't think he does. You need to be able to draw on past experience or knowledge of a similar car to notice differences. and it's quite a bit different developing a Formula One car. Sennas never had to do that before, seeing as he's only really raced one make formulas where it's not neccesary, you get in and drive and work on setups.

Edit....
Sato's been linked to a possible reserve driver role with Redbull and/or Torro Rosso. Appears the Redbull boss is keen to be involved with Sato...

Bruno wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
At least Bruno can bring the car back to the pits in one piece, something that Sato cannot do without damaging someone elses car first (Ask MS @ Belgium 05 if u are in doubt)...

Well at least he might give us something entertaining to watch, and hey if it all goes wrong at least Piquet will have someone else to talk to at the side of the track after no doubt billying it off :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 03:07AM by bazza_racer.
Date: February 19, 2009 02:51AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
WRONG. What Sato has to do with the case? If someone is buying the team, its not Honda running the team anymore. Sato isnt backed up by Honda anymore. Therefore he has no chance of getting a drive. Honestly, I am pleased to see him out of F1, because he was crap, terrible.

If you read the thread you'd know what Sato has to do with the case. Virgin is a personal sponsor of Sato. Has been for a long time.

At the end of the day, its Ecclestones word that will decide it.

I don't think you have any idea in the slightest how the f**k Formula 1 works.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 02:55AM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 19, 2009 05:56AM
I decided to remove this post and answer it through a PM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 06:31AM by Bruninho.
Date: February 19, 2009 06:04AM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> WRONG. What Sato has to do with the case? If
> someone is buying the team, its not Honda running
> the team anymore. Sato isnt backed up by Honda
> anymore. Therefore he has no chance of getting a
> drive. Honestly, I am pleased to see him out of
> F1, because he was crap, terrible.
>
> If you read the thread you'd know what Sato has to
> do with the case. Virgin is a personal sponsor of
> Sato. Has been for a long time.
>

So? They dont want him. All the reports I have read about this new team are pointing to a Senna-Button duo.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 06:55AM by Bruninho.
Date: February 19, 2009 09:45AM
Bruninho Wrote:
> I decided to remove this post and answer it
> through a PM.

And I've decided to repost this post. It is relevant to the discussion, and just because I proved you wrong, doesn't mean you should remove your stupidity from the public.

From: Bruninho | To: DaveEllis | Date: 02/19/2009 05:55AM
In reply to [www.grandprixgames.org]

DaveEllis Wrote:
> WRONG. What Sato has to do with the case? If
> someone is buying the team, its not Honda running
> the team anymore. Sato isnt backed up by Honda
> anymore. Therefore he has no chance of getting a
> drive. Honestly, I am pleased to see him out of
> F1, because he was crap, terrible.
>
> If you read the thread you'd know what Sato has to
> do with the case. Virgin is a personal sponsor of
> Sato. Has been for a long time.
>

So? They dont want him. All the reports I have read about this new team are pointing to a Senna-Button duo.

> At the end of the day, its Ecclestones word that
> will decide it.
>
> I don't think you have any idea in the slightest
> how the f**k Formula 1 works.

[OFF TOPIC] Its not the first time you are pissing me off with your arrogance. And I dont think you have any idea in the slightest how f*****g useless your post was for the subject of this thread. Go watch your crappy NASCAR races if you dont have anything better to post. By judging your signature, I bet that Gui drives it better than you. [/OFF TOPIC]

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 19, 2009 09:49AM
Bruninho Wrote:
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WRONG. What Sato has to do with the case? If
> > someone is buying the team, its not Honda
> running
> > the team anymore. Sato isnt backed up by Honda
> > anymore. Therefore he has no chance of getting
> a
> > drive. Honestly, I am pleased to see him out of
> > F1, because he was crap, terrible.
> >
> > If you read the thread you'd know what Sato has
> to
> > do with the case. Virgin is a personal sponsor
> of
> > Sato. Has been for a long time.
> >
>
> So? They dont want him. All the reports I have
> read about this new team are pointing to a
> Senna-Button duo.

Think your missing the point here champ. You asked (and I quote) WRONG. What Sato has to do with the case?. And I replied (and I quote) Virgin is a personal sponsor of Sato. I never said they were going to hire Sato, I simply answered your query about what Sato had to do with the situation. But hey, now that you've been proven wrong, lets all discuss my signature to make you feel better.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 19, 2009 11:16AM
Posted by: casabonka
Just wondering?

I know there are massive fines if a team misses a race. If Honda were to miss Melbourne, could they then join for Sepang?

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: February 19, 2009 11:47AM
Posted by: senninho
Seeing as Bernie seems to want them to continue, i think it would probably be allowed.

Date: February 19, 2009 11:50AM
Posted by: bazza_racer
Yeah thanks for that Bruno but I already figured you defend everything you said to the hills when I was putting my opinion across which clearly doesn't mean anything to the vast knowledge of crap you utter...

For everyone who was interested in the pm Bruno sent me here it is in all it's glory:

bazza_racer Wrote:
> where have you seen the link up with Mercedes
> Engines........ Surely only a few weeks before
> season would be too late to; a) get a supply of 09
> spec engines and b) modify the chassis to fit
> them.....

Martin Whitmarsh himself said it. It depends if they can pay for it. Brawn said that they would need 1 month to fit the new engine into the car.

> Also i'm not sure how it works but don't
> Honda have an official entry for this season? So
> does someone coming in have to buy that entry and
> rename it???? I know it's happened in the past
> with Jordan/Midland/Spyker/Force india etc.... but
> didn't know if there was any difference with it
> being a works entry to being effectively an
> independant :?
>

It will be exactly how it happened in the past. There is no difference.

> On the subject of drivers I'd love to see Sato in
> an F1 car, I've been fortunate enough to see the
> man at work first hand and he has some amazing
> skills behind the wheel. I'm sure he will also
> come with substantial backing if money were an
> issue. He has lots of influential ties.

Hes crap, he doesnt have money (Sato himself admitted that he lost the STR drive due to the fact that a) he did not had enough money to beat Bourdais for it) and b) lack of influential ties. I dont see anyone pushing for him to have a seat in F1. except his agent which seems to be useless without money...

> I think
> Senna will get to F1 but just not yet. I can't see
> a new team taking on an F1 rookie... it doesn't
> make sense. it's ok to say Senna can drive and
> give great PR, but does he know the in's and out's
> of an F1 car helping push the team forward... i
> don't think he does.

OFC he does know how to do it, he is not a dumbass. He knows what he needs to do and how to do his job. Even the iSport managers were impressed with him, at a point that they were willing to wait for him this season. You are missing the point here. I defend it because with the in-season testing banned, he must make the most of the practice sessions as a regular driver, not as a test driver, to get used to the business, then attack on next season - exactly how Piquet Jr is doing, first season to find the limits and learn, second season to go for it. Tell me how he can get a drive waiting another year on the sidelines? pfft.. He has showed everything he can do in GP2, just lost the title due to bad luck (a special mention to the idiots @ turkey that left a dog on track, to mention one of his misfortunes). Talent for it he has, and he does NOT need to prove it again there. He must get a F1 drive NOW!

>You need to be able to draw
> on past experience or knowledge of a similar car
> to notice differences. and it's quite a bit
> different developing a Formula One car. Sennas
> never had to do that before, seeing as he's only
> really raced one make formulas where it's not
> neccesary, you get in and drive and work on
> setups.
>

I dont see a difference except engine power and cornering speeds. Come on, both GP2 and F1 cars are open wheel cars. I really dont see a big difference, but everything he had to learn to get started in F1 he did in two GP2 seasons. He had enough of it, now he can do the job in F1.

One of his strongest points is the fact that he can learn the things quickly. You dont knock on F1's door after 4 years of a relatively quick career if you are not good enough. Like a certain Kimi Raikkonen when he started in F1.

For me, what you are saying is bullshit - lets see an example, a GP2 driver going to F1 is the same as a 250cc rider going to MotoGP. The ride is the same sh!t, has the same freaking behaviour just the power of it has increased. Lewis Hamilton is there to prove my point.

Ermm, ofc he can work his setups. iSport managers wouldnt wait for him if he couldn't. They waited for him until he told them he was going to try a F1 seat.

> Edit....
> Sato's been linked to a possible reserve driver
> role with Redbull and/or Torro Rosso. Appears the
> Redbull boss is keen to be involved with Sato...
>

I have never seen that news anywhere. You must have read it in any Sato fanboy blog.

> Bruno wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ---
> At least Bruno can bring the car back to the pits
> in one piece, something that Sato cannot do
> without damaging someone elses car first (Ask MS @
> Belgium 05 if u are in doubt)...
>
> Well at least he might give us something
> entertaining to watch, and hey if it all goes
> wrong at least Piquet will have someone else to
> talk to at the side of the track after no doubt
> billying it off

Seriously, Sato is useless. There is no fun in cars crashing, do you think that Kubicas or Heikkis crash was fun? Not for me. I prefer to see all the cars finishing the race... except, when the car crashing in question is a red Ferrari with a blue helmet. That car can go to hell for all I care.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read into what you will. I was simply trying to keep the subject civil but once again in yet ANOTHER thread Bruno has ruined a discussion with his narrow mindinded one tracked mind....

and bruno for your info the Sato redbull link up is in Autosport?! so open your eyes. or close them and leave us adults to the sensible convo.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 12:37PM by bazza_racer.
Date: February 19, 2009 11:57AM
Posted by: horror donkey
I heard rumors that bernie himself would buy ex.Honda team only to detabilize FOTA, because then he would as a teamowner be a part of fota and could wote against FOTA interests and in favour of FOM interests.
Date: February 19, 2009 12:08PM
Posted by: superchargednut
Bruno, you are so narrow minded.

The rumours you heard of Button and Senna lineup were last week, when everyone thought that Fry & Ross or whatever were going to be buying the team with the intention of running it for at least 4 races.

The current situation is that Virgin want to buy it with the intention of keeping going. A DIFFERENT TEAM. A DIFFERENT LINEUP.

Date: February 19, 2009 12:50PM
Posted by: mortal
@Bruninho,
what is it about you that solicits complaints and anger every time you post? Why is that? Is it your lack of understanding that others here are entitled to their opinion? Is it your blatant fan-boyism which you so like to put down in others? I can't really quite put my finger on what it is that causes everyone to flood my pm box with complaints about your posts.
I'll remind everyone, that publicizing pm's is unacceptable in my book, even if you sent it in the first place, they are sent in good faith that they should remain private.
Now what was it I said to you about the next time I have to read complaints about you in my pm box? That's cost you 28 days on the outer. You've asked for it. I do not like doing it and I do not dislike you either, it's not personal, it's a lesson.
Don't think for one minute I take any joy in it. End of story.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 01:36PM by mortal.
Date: February 19, 2009 02:11PM
@Mortal: Dude, I tried to make my point as I normally do, I did nothing wrong, then this guy (D.Ellis) came here and as usual he started flaming the thread. Since I did not wanted to destroy this thread because of him but this guy still wants to do it, I decided to reply them through a PM. Its not my fault he decided to make PM's public and continue with his flame-fest thus breaking the rules you posted here READ HERE.

Fantastic. I told myself OK you try to be clean - and then you still get f****d by these people. Go figure.

Now, if we can continue it on topic without any more flame fests...

@D.Ellis: As for Sato. So? they used to sponsor him. But he isnt even being considered by them. I'll be pleased if he never more drive a F1 season, I dont see a reason for him to do another season, I dont see the money he needs to get a drive, I dont see a team offering him a contract. At STR he had to fight for it with Bourdais while both had to find sponsors to buy the drive. At the end of the day he lost to Bourdais because a) not enough money and b) Bourdais had experience in working with them, Sato didn't. He lost to Bourdais, it says enough about how "good" he is...

bazza_racer Wrote:
> and bruno for your info the Sato redbull link up
> is in Autosport?! so open your eyes. or close them
> and leave us adults to the sensible convo.....

So? 1 report about Sato against 100 reports around the world in several magazines/newspapers/websites about Senna into the new team. Enough said. Even autosport can get the facts wrong, they're not 100% correct all the time. I don't even trust them, the other places where I read and follow F1 are much more reliable than them. About your second childish comment, I wont waste my time commenting as it has nothing to do with the thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 02:13PM by Bruninho.
Date: February 19, 2009 02:16PM
@D.Ellis: As for Sato. So? they used to sponsor him. But he isnt even being considered by them. I'll be pleased if he never more drive a F1 season, I dont see a reason for him to do another season, I dont see the money he needs to get a drive, I dont see a team offering him a contract. At STR he had to fight for it with Bourdais while both had to find sponsors to buy the drive. At the end of the day he lost to Bourdais because a) not enough money and b) Bourdais had experience in working with them, Sato didn't. He lost to Bourdais, it says enough about how "good" he is...

No, they DO sponsor Sato. Still. He is sponsored by Virgin. AGAIN, I didn't say he is getting the seat, I didn't say he deserves the seat. YOU asked why Sato has been mentioned in connection to the Virgin seat, and I told you why - because they sponsor him.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 19, 2009 02:31PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> No, they DO sponsor Sato. Still. He is sponsored
> by Virgin. AGAIN, I didn't say he is getting the
> seat, I didn't say he deserves the seat. YOU asked
> why Sato has been mentioned in connection to the
> Virgin seat, and I told you why - because they
> sponsor him.

Give me TEN reasons why he deserves the seat.

Just because they sponsor him doesnt mean he CAN get the seat.

PR wise, its better for Virgin to sign Senna. His surname is stronger, is famous in Japan which outweighs the need to have Sato onboard. Sato cannot do what they want in terms of PR. That's why I say he doesnt even stand a chance against Senna for the seat. It's basic marketing: with a famous surname, he can reach a larger audience than Sato. And he drives better than Sato.

And Ecclestone will make sure Senna gets the seat. He is said to be working for it. He loves to have drivers with famous surnames in F1, its good marketing for F1 = More money for him.

There are cases of drivers not getting a seat because of their sponsors. Sponsor backing wasnt enough to keep drivers like Scott Speed in F1, huh?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 02:41PM by Bruninho.
Date: February 19, 2009 02:43PM
1) Show me the contract. I want a proof of it.

1) I can't. Just like you can't show me Sennas contract. BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, AND NOBODY IN THE PUBLIC GETS TO SEE THEM. The fact you even posted such a thing shows how little understand you actually have of the real world.

2) Give me TEN reasons why he deserves the seat.

2) Ok, I've already posted my opinion on this. But it seems despite quoting it, you either didn't read it, or didn't understand it. So I shall post it again.

AGAIN, I didn't say he is getting the seat, I didn't say he deserves the seat. YOU asked why Sato has been mentioned in connection to the Virgin seat, and I told you why - because they sponsor him.

See that? I didn't say he deserves the seat. I answered your question which you posted in the 2nd post on the 2nd page of this thread.

Have you understood what I am saying yet? Or are you going to continue to sit there and pretend none of this actually happened, then go crying to Mortal because we're picking on you?

Edit: Nice edit to remove the stupidity of the contracts comment. Shame I already quoted it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 02:45PM by DaveEllis.
Date: February 19, 2009 02:53PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
> 1) Show me the contract. I want a proof of it.
>
> 1) I can't. Just like you can't show me Sennas
> contract. BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, AND NOBODY IN
> THE PUBLIC GETS TO SEE THEM. The fact you even
> posted such a thing shows how little understand
> you actually have of the real world.
>
> Edit: Nice edit to remove the stupidity of the
> contracts comment. Shame I already quoted it.

[ironic] I was being ironic, something that apparently you cannot understand, when I realized that you cannot understand irony, I decided to remove it. Next time I'll put a irony tag to make sure you get it...[/ironic]

I still want your ten reasons to give Sato a seat. If you, in your supreme "I know everything about F1" arrogance can't list them, then there is no reason, then he isnt even being considered for a F1 seat this season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2009 02:54PM by Bruninho.
Date: February 19, 2009 02:54PM
Posted by: horror donkey
I will post a post now, because I was the one who brought Sato-Virgin connection to this thread.

Sato is in contention as much as Senna vas when Petrobras was potential sponsor. Now petrobras dropped and Sennas chances dropped.
Virgin emerged and Satos chances emerged. But the emphasies is on chances.

I know that Bruno would like to see his namemate in F1 as much as DE would like to see his initialsmate win the cup. But the reality is something completely different and what future brings is unpredictible.

Now go figure.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy