Ken Anderson confirms USF1 team

Posted by montoya6k 
Re: Ken Anderson confirms USF1 team
Date: February 16, 2009 11:24PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
but other than the recent 'Inverter' what other trackday cars have Reynard built?

Absolutely none. I don't think the Inverter has even gone passed the prototype phase either.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 17, 2009 11:07AM
Posted by: roguestorm
A good American pairing would be Marco Andretti and Graham Rahal, both having well known names in the states and in Europe.
Date: February 17, 2009 01:29PM
Posted by: J i m
Yeah, but it shouldn't be down to how well their surname is known.

I mean going by that argument you could ask why isn't Nicolas Prost in F1... why isn't Greg Mansell in F1? Why not Mathias Lauda... Vanina Ickx etc..

Pr is all very well, it might open a few doors for drivers, but at the end of the day if they can't cut it in the cockpit then it's all wasted.
Date: February 17, 2009 01:39PM
Posted by: horror donkey
what about piquet :/
Date: February 17, 2009 02:17PM
Posted by: J i m
He's the exception to the rule :(
Date: February 17, 2009 02:23PM
what about dale jr. have you seen the havoc he created and went unpinished, he couldnt even make a pitstop at 55mph he truly lives of the name
Date: February 17, 2009 03:40PM
Posted by: EC83
horror donkey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what about dale jr.

No connection with F1 whatsoever. He's committed to NASCAR, always has been and probably always will be. Besides, he's too old now to be considered for an F1 career.

> have you seen the havoc he
> created and went unpinished, he couldnt even make
> a pitstop at 55mph he truly lives of the name

?!

Date: February 17, 2009 03:55PM
I was reffering to him as the one who prospers from the last name. /nothing to do with topic sorry/
Date: February 17, 2009 04:41PM
Posted by: IWE
horror donkey Wrote:
> what about piquet :/

And Senna.. Exept that he is not yet in F1, but will be thanks to his name.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 17, 2009 10:40PM
Date: February 17, 2009 01:23PM
Posted by: horror donkey (IP Logged)

what about dale jr. have you seen the havoc he created and went unpinished, he couldnt even make a pitstop at 55mph he truly lives of the name

Yeah he made 2 mistakes in a race. He must be truely living off the name eh. Because nobody else has ever done such a thing.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 18, 2009 08:28AM
DaveEllis Wrote:

>
> Yeah he made 2 mistakes in a race. He must be
> truely living off the name eh. Because nobody else
> has ever done such a thing.

your style of defending a driver reminds me of someone...
Date: February 18, 2009 10:03AM
Go there if you want, but now your just dodging the point to attack people. I strongly advise you don't go down that road son. But linking a race winning driver to "living off a name" because he screwed up the Daytona 500 is ridiculous.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 18, 2009 10:13AM
I just wanted to say there are drivers who have benefit from their last name. that is all. Had Elliot Sadler for example had Daytona 500 like Junior had he would have been slammed and given penalty. Junior got away with it.
Date: February 18, 2009 10:22AM
Jr did get away with it. I posted that on forums and my disappointment in how bad a race he had. But how you've went from he had a crap race to "lives off a name" (and now back-tracking to he benefited from his name) is beyond me.

Just for the record - every driver with a famous surname has had a "benefit from their last name". But very few "live off of it". I think that difference needs to be recognised and not confused.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: February 18, 2009 08:34PM
Posted by: EC83
horror donkey Wrote:
> I just wanted to say there are drivers who have
> benefit from their last name. that is all. Had
> Elliot Sadler for example had Daytona 500 like
> Junior had he would have been slammed and given
> penalty. Junior got away with it.

You can't say his name had anything to do with that. In F1, for example, Prost, Senna and M Schumacher(and, most recently, Alonso) all did shocking things in their time and escaped punishment for them. And they never had any legendary family background to fall back on. A driver builds a reputation for himself and it's that which he's judged on, not who his family are.

Dale Jr is a very accomplished and successful NASCAR driver in his own right, and was even when Dale Sr was still driving. One incident doesn't make a bad/dodgy driver, especially not when he's been driving and winning at the top level for over 10 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 08:35PM by EC83.
Date: February 19, 2009 09:51AM
Dale jr is second league NASCAR driver like Matt Kenseth or Kevin Harvick, we wins here and there and thats it. Kenseth even won a cup, Junior didnt, Kenseth won rookie of the year award in 2000, when Junior was in contention for that title. So you can say he is even slightly below Kenseth.

First league are Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart and it appears as Kyle Busch is going there also. But junior was never top of the top.
Date: February 19, 2009 11:01AM
Posted by: JohnMalisianos
To be honest, the more teams, the more I like F1. I don't want to see only 20 cars this year. I liked the the old 26-cars grids. Even with prequalifying sessions like the early 90s.

As for USF1, every team is welcome, until it's not an advertising joke in-track. Pacific, Forti and Simtek are recent examples.

I can't think of any american chassis constructor at the moment. And even I can think for many possible american engines, all of them are victims the current economical crisis. I would like to see though Chevrolet in F1, prepared by Callaway! :)

Drivers? Ok. I don't have problems with female racing drivers. Can't be that bad. Bad=Alex Yoong! lol! Anyone who can prove him(her-)self to be competitive in F1 tracks (and not ovals) can drive.

As for the human aspect, every woman who is bitch, she hasn't yet enough...bla bla! :P
Date: February 24, 2009 09:45PM
Posted by: flat tyre
EDIT AGAIN: 10 minutes, according to the USF1 website!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2009 09:48PM by flat tyre.
Date: February 24, 2009 09:59PM
Posted by: brunoboi
anyone know where we can stream speedtv from the UK?

Date: February 24, 2009 10:00PM
Posted by: Fincent
I think the counter is resetting every hour ;) . It's now 20:58 and it says 1:30 to go.

*waits for a moment*

It's now 21:00 and it says 59:47 to go. Definitely resetting ;)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy