Donington Park: The Revival

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Donington Park: The Revival
Date: April 25, 2009 11:34PM
Posted by: Fincent
London street race around the roads that will be used for the olymics, they're brand new and top quality. And what about traffic and business in the heart of the country you say? I say, night race ;-)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: April 26, 2009 01:06AM
Posted by: gav
Fincent Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> London street race around the roads that will be
> used for the olymics, they're brand new and top
> quality. And what about traffic and business in
> the heart of the country you say? I say, night
> race ;-)

So what would happen during the day?
Date: April 26, 2009 12:33PM
Posted by: zulu_85
It's strange that as far as Eddie Jordan is concerned, the stronger Bernie says "NO!" to Silverstone, the stronger the chances we will be at Silverstone in 2010, because that's the sort of guy Bernie is...

I guess we'll have to see how that turns out...

But anyway, I am on the committee of the University of Nottingham Motorsport Society and we were hoping to go to the British F3 and GT championship at Donnington - that's now been cancelled (or at least postponed beyond our term time) because the building works have made the track unsafe to use, so that's annoying. But also watching on East Midlands Today (that is, a couple of days ago - just to avoid any confusion...) suggests that, adding to this pot of joy, the local district council is mulling pulling the planning permission for the entire thing.

I also found the news on crash.net
Link

Now this could be one of those little chapters in a story of great challenges, tribulations but happy endings (like BrawnGP) but really it's not looking good, is it?
Date: April 26, 2009 09:13PM
Posted by: Nemesis78
Much as it pains me. Jordan was right when he said Bernie doesn't like the Blazer brigade of the BRDC and whilst I respect Brundle his bias was misguiding him when he stated they aren't like that. (Red button forum)

How many times has Bernie asked then to build a beter facility and howe many times have they done sweet FA! It's no wonder he's got so sick of them that he's prepared to call their bluff. I only hope that when there is no event in 2010, Silverstone finally sort themselves out and do the upgrades. The BRDC has many many millionaires amongst their number, (some who have got VERY rich from Motorsport yet they still expect the Gubberment to pay for improvements to a privately owned company. And that's before we get into the slight matter of our country being nearly £1 Trillion in debt under the current administration!
Date: April 27, 2009 07:50PM
Posted by: LS.
Saw my Chiroprator last week and he had the Accountant in from Donington park and he told them they were struggling financially, part of it is due to them not having their licence reknewed to host track events, so they have yet to earn a penny.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 04, 2009 11:38PM
Posted by: The Lopper
The BRDC has many many millionaires amongst their number, (some who have got VERY rich from Motorsport yet they still expect the Gubberment to pay for improvements to a privately owned company

Well from his latest statement Hill expects the Government to do nothing, as indeed do most F1 fans.

[f1.gpupdate.net]

It also mentions that the the latest Concorde Agreement is believed to have terms which guarantee the French, British, Belgium and Germany Grands Prix. Should it be all signed and finalised, and should the Agreement contain this guarantee, then it's not only looking up for Silverstone, it's presumably looking up for this new Paris track as well.
Date: May 05, 2009 01:51AM
Posted by: matt3454
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fincent Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > London street race around the roads that will
> be
> > used for the olymics, they're brand new and top
> > quality. And what about traffic and business in
> > the heart of the country you say? I say, night
> > race ;-)
>
> So what would happen during the day?

Stabbings, shootings etc etc, the usual that happens in London. At least it ain't Liverpool, where they would come to race at night and find the pitstraight has been robbed ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy