Monaco 2006 flashback.....

Posted by mitadumapaga 
Monaco 2006 flashback.....
Date: January 17, 2009 12:25AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
there are many great guys with interesting opiions about F1 here ,so my question.
What do you think about the accident in the qualifying n Monte Carlo in 2006 when Michael parked his car at La Rascasse.
I personally am a great fan of Schumy(stil since 1997, when i was only 8) , and i have watched this moment from thousand angles and thousand times, but sadly i have to admit, i think he did it on purpose.
But please write only if you have watched the videos about it , and not only because of what you've heard on tv .
thanks . happy to share f1 opinoons with you guys. ;)
Re: Monaco 2006 flashback.....
Date: January 17, 2009 01:38AM
Posted by: le_jaguar_2004
I don't think so...
When you're on track, especially in Monaco, you just think about keep the car on track and do the best lap you can. So I don't think he parked it. For me he made a slight mistake at the apex of the corner, then in order to avoid the contact he stopped.

And I guess that the team told him at this point that he could stay here...so he stayed in pole because of the yellow flags. That's why he didn't try anything. He could keep his engine turned on (like Kimi in Monaco 2007 or Lewis in Nurburgring 2007) in order to bring the car back to the pit...he didn't.

That's what I think : a mistake transformed into a hopeless cheat...

Date: January 17, 2009 01:42AM
Posted by: Bruninho
He did it on purpose. The onboard of his car shows it clearly. Someone with about 14 years of experience driving an F1 at Monaco surely would NEVER do a such mistake in a simple corner like La Rascasse.

Date: January 17, 2009 02:08AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i dont think la rascasse is a simple corner, actually, a very tricky one, but when michael schumachers car began to slide off, he actually corrected it and then, I THINK pointed it on purpose against the wall so that he can block the others.
But then again actually there was enough place for all the cars and he didnt slow anybody, neither alonso. And with michael having done hundreds of laps in monaco , probably if he wanted to block the other guys (alnonso) he would have stop differently
and then again i have seen ralf make the same mistake there , i just cant remember wheter it was in qualifying or race and which year exactly ( 2000 and something i think)
sooooo.... i wide open topic indeeed :)
i hope michel didnt do it on puprose , but from what i ve seen on videos , i think he could have avoid it, despite making mistake in the first part of the corner.
Date: January 17, 2009 02:43AM
Posted by: matt3454
I did love how he did it perfectly without damaging his car.

Guilty beyond doubt, was definitely intentional.

Date: January 17, 2009 09:02AM
Posted by: J i m
It was definitely very fishy. I don't think he set out at the beginning of the hour to pull of a move like that, but he definitely panicked at some stage and dropped his ball from a very great height.

As a mistake from him, it just doesn't seem creditable, I'd even be surprised if Yuji Ide had managed it.
Date: January 17, 2009 11:58AM
Posted by: superchargednut
If he'd have touched the barrier and knocked off his front wing, he would have got away with it.

Date: January 17, 2009 12:21PM
Posted by: J i m
Nah that would have been even poorer. Had he taken off the left front corner of his car, that would have been more convincing.
Date: January 17, 2009 01:22PM
Posted by: dkpioe
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i dont think la rascasse is a simple corner,
> actually, a very tricky one, but when michael
> schumachers car began to slide off, he actually
> corrected it and then, I THINK pointed it on
> purpose against the wall so that he can block the
> others.
> But then again actually there was enough place for
> all the cars and he didnt slow anybody, neither
> alonso. And with michael having done hundreds of
> laps in monaco , probably if he wanted to block
> the other guys (alnonso) he would have stop
> differently
> and then again i have seen ralf make the same
> mistake there , i just cant remember wheter it was
> in qualifying or race and which year exactly (
> 2000 and something i think)
> sooooo.... i wide open topic indeeed :)
> i hope michel didnt do it on puprose , but from
> what i ve seen on videos , i think he could have
> avoid it, despite making mistake in the first part
> of the corner.

it did slow them, because alonsos time was only .1 sec or something off schumacher, and thats all he needed, just that slight hesitation holding the throttle just that tiny bit less for a fraction of a second as his attention would have been upset from the stranded car.
Date: January 17, 2009 01:36PM
Posted by: TimmyB
There was a clip of Ross Brawn seeing the incident as it happened and he broke out in a smile. That doesn't prove anything on it's own, but Ross would react differently if it was by accident.

And in James Allen's biography about Schumacher there are quotes from Mark Webber (who qualified third) about how Schumacher was reacting in the press conference, and how he started shaking when he realised he hadn't got away with it.

BTW, Alonso was so enraged at the time that he was telling other drivers he was going to lay in front of Schumachers car on the start line the next day!
Date: January 17, 2009 01:42PM
Posted by: Morbid
here we go...

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: January 17, 2009 04:13PM
Posted by: The Lopper
It was on purpose I reckon. Tactics-wise, it was good. Sportsmanship-wise, it was pretty bad, but there has been worse from Schumacher. Jerez 1997, and, I'm convinced, Adelaide 1994, are examples of Schumacher taking a more dangerous and even more cynical "none shall pass no matter what the cost" option. From my view, the worst thing about Schumacher was the hypocrisy. He was a driver who often took hazardous lines, particularly at the start of grands prix, and as we have seen, tried to force other drivers off the track, yet he would accuse other drivers of dangerous driving and at times, like Monza 2001, he would push the safety angle.

In fairness though, I thought he mellowed out later into his career and by the end I began to appreciate him as a driver.
Date: January 17, 2009 05:21PM
Posted by: phantaman
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> here we go...

OK!... and here we go again ;)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: January 17, 2009 05:47PM
Posted by: chet
I think it was a mistake at first but he intentially parked his car in such a way to cause problems.

Now i think about it I would have done the same and tbh I think it was a great idea... I can see Alonso and Lewis pulling off the same trick.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: January 17, 2009 06:27PM
Posted by: dkpioe
many drivers have gone in at a worser line then he did and made the turn, perhaps he realiseed he braked a fraction too late and in the moment he decided to cheat, or maybe he decided to cheat earlier, but i think he cheats in the moment he realises he has stuffed up. he stuffed up in adelaide 94 and in the moment chopped hill, in jerez 97 he lost it when he realised villeneuve was faster then him, as villeneuve went to pass, schumachers true colours came out and he did what he did. he is famouse for not knowing when he is beaten. he has many times closed the door on a driver trying to overtake, in a way which makes the passing driver lose control. he did this to hakinnen in f3 and he did it to alonso in silverstone, he did it to montoya in brazil. he was the master of that move, blocking at the final second when it is too late for the driver trying to pass to react. and at the same time he tried to advocate safety lol and he was the most dangerous driver on any f1 grid. for those who dont think he is capable of cheating, have a look at austria 2000, he gets hit in turn one and his car is damaged so he cant finish the race, so what does he do? he brings the damaged car back onto the middle of the road (causing possible danger) in the hope the race will get red flagged. very unsporstman like.
Date: January 17, 2009 06:42PM
Posted by: msater
I completely agree with what Chet just says. I would have done the same; so would true racers such as Lewis, Fernando, and Vettel.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: January 17, 2009 06:51PM
Posted by: Nickv
A true racer wouldn't need, or even want, to pull off tricks like that.

I do think MS did it on purpose. The idea was good, he just carried it out badly. Had he, like Jim says, actually damaged his car, he would've gotten away with it.

I just can't believe that a 7 time WDC loses control over the car when going THAT slow.
Date: January 17, 2009 06:56PM
Posted by: SAMF1
im a schumi fan too, but i think he do it on purpose and i think he would regret that

Date: January 17, 2009 07:34PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, i agree with a lot of what has been said as well. i dont think anyone can deny that he, at some point, made a choice to put the car in that position.

i also agree with timmyb, james allen's analysis of the incident in his schumacher book is excellent. infact the whole book was excellent.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 17, 2009 08:08PM
Posted by: Vomit
i also think he did that on purpose. he maybe did some mistake on some point of that lap and then decided to ruin Alonsos lap.

Its true that Schumacher didnt no how to loose, but i think that is one of those things that made him 7 times champion. When everyone else would have let Villeneuve go by at jerez 97, Schumacher did the only thing he had left. its not very fair, but its the winning that matters, not the way you win.

One last kiss for the wicked

Sinisterly
- T. E. Cadaver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy